White House Visit

new tobie

Kudos to Coach Steve Kerr, Steph Curry and the Warriors basketball team for refusing to visit a house that has one of the most decisive, disrespectful psychopaths in history in it. Its becoming a new trend. Respected people have to take this measure in behalf of their wives, children, family, relatives that may need the pre-existing condition cause with healthcare and hust believe in treating others equal and with decency. Only 39 months left untilll we bid farewell to this tyrant.

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Good for them.  But who really gives a rat's arse what they do.  

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

This is the hidden content, please

Pshychopath

Apparently the fabulously mature President Trump.  

Why does he even acknowledge it?  Why not just say to himself, "fine, who cares, I have better things to do anyway!"  The answer, of course, is he is a juvenile.  

One day he will learn to stay off Twitter.  Unfortunately, I predict it will be long after it's established as his lasting legacy.  Our grandkids, grandkids will know him as President Tweet 

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

But to be clear BSW - I agree with you wholeheartedly, who gives a rat's arse if an athlete or coach chooses not to come.  And certainly a president shouldn't choose more than a fleeting second of concern about it. 

Not that I give a shat, but why is it that the players don't go to the white house? Is it because Trump did something to them or is it simply a bunch of wealthy blacks that don't want to go because a white man is in office? I choose the latter. Also, does their tweeting make them juveniles too or is that reserved for the president. 

I haven't cared for the NBA since Byrd and Magic retired. That was real basketball with precision half court sets.

14 minutes ago, baddog said:

Not that I give a shat, but why is it that the players don't go to the white house? Is it because Trump did something to them or is it simply a bunch of wealthy blacks that don't want to go because a white man is in office? I choose the latter. Also, does their tweeting make them juveniles too or is that reserved for the president. 

I haven't cared for the NBA since Byrd and Magic retired. That was real basketball with precision half court sets.

You can't seriously choose the latter.  Reference:  every president ever prior to Obama and Trump. 

But again, who cares about this issue if you're the president?  I'd be much more concerned with North Korean with the horrific fade than the fact that Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and Steve Kerr can't stand me  

i will tell you my personal theory with this one.  More than anything - money, power, etc., Trump covets fame.  That's why he wanted to be on TV and then went with straight celebs on his show.  He obsessed with ratings, and still does for no apparent reason for a head of state.  He spends as much time talking about ratings in some form or fashion as the national debt.  And it absolutely drives him crazy that Hollywood and the pro athletes can't stand him.  Simply put, he craves popularity like a 13 year old girl. 

*Disclaimer - very amateurish assessment by some one with no psychological or psychiatric training and I can't defend any of that on any scientific level.  But I still believe it :D 

Trump plays to his political base.  They are the ones who got him elected.  They have a big say in keeping him in office.  He has very little broad political support.  He has alienated most of that.  So he says and does things that his loyalists like to hear.  When he spoke to the group of police officers and told them to rough up people, in so many words.  His base liked that.  Same thing when he went before the UN and threatened to totally destroy N Korea.   Calling NFL players who take the knee SOBs he is doing the same thing, namely saying what his loyalists want to hear.  

19 hours ago, baddog said:

Tom Brady didn't go when President Obama was in office. Obama didn't care.

19 hours ago, baddog said:

A white man has always been in office baddog, don't come with that mess. Before obama a white man has always been in office and the office was pretty much respected by most. Trump shoud stay out of sports business, he has enough to do with political affairs

5 minutes ago, Big girl said:

The North Carolina men's basketball team is not going, either. They said they couldn't agree on a date. " they threw 8 or 9 different dates out there and couldnt find ' one that was feasible. Ha, ha. I wonder if that is the real reason

They said if December 32nd was open that they would go

3 hours ago, six burg said:

A white man has always been in office baddog, don't come with that mess. Before obama a white man has always been in office and the office was pretty much respected by most. Trump shoud stay out of sports business, he has enough to do with political affairs

If Trump should stay out of sports business, should athletes refrain from involving themselves politically on the playing field?

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

If Trump should stay out of sports business, should athletes refrain from involving themselves politically on the playing field?

Steve, no athletes work for us. Trump is an employee of the United States government, he works for the American people, he lives in government housing and uses government entities. What athletes do is the business of their employers and themselves. Trump works for the taxpayer.