Kingwood Park 13 Barbers Hill 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

With all the injuries y'all have I don't think Tom Landry could even come in there and do anything at this point!

I have confidence he can make it work. We have a couple kids that use to play QB that can fill in. Timing and things like that might be an issue for a couple weeks. The defense was outstanding though. Took it on the chin with injuries tonight though.

8 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

BH QB out for the season with what was said to be broken collerbone and maybe ligament damage. This is what was told to me, but someone else may verify better then me.

Oh Lawd, that's not good for sure!  Wishing for the best for this young man and hope Coach Tom can wave his magic wand for the rest of the year. Any word on the defensive player that went out in the 1st qtr?

29 minutes ago, Eagle82 said:

Oh Lawd, that's not good for sure!  Wishing for the best for this young man and hope Coach Tom can wave his magic wand for the rest of the year. Any word on the defensive player that went out in the 1st qtr?

Not sure, they had his shoulder pads off with ice on it. We had several go out last night.

9 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

BH QB out for the season with what was said to be broken collerbone and maybe ligament damage. This is what was told to me, but someone else may verify better then me.

Prayers out that he heals up 100%.  We all love the game, but this is the downside.  Hate to see these young men get hurt.

It was Very hard to watch this game. I had difficulty watching the game against Crosby, as well. I do understand we are hurting in the back field with our running backs. I understand the idea of keeping a defense honest with a good running game. But when your QB becomes the running back and the main offensive legs - bad things will follow! What I find just as shocking is our receivers made good space between them and the D. But our QB was running the ball or running for his life. Even the corner for Kindwood I think his number is #6, Jackson, who is Outstanding - works both sides of the ball O  & D! He shadowed #81 all night but he did so with respect and many times 81 was left 5 yards of space.  Now when the ball did go in the air it was in desperation and did not look like it was part of the game plan.  Much to think about in the  coming week.

5 hours ago, expirate20 said:

Won't happen!  He's done an amazing job and has got the program going!  A bad break with the QB getting hurt! Go Eagles!

Well....I think he can coach a varsity football team.  I am a big fan of what I have seen as far as the athletic department.  But...this is a different path.  TW was an offensive coordinator/assistant coach for some years at Allen until he was promoted to HC in 2004.  He was working under his mentor and then took over a position he was groomed to lead.  And he had tremendous success.  That isn't what he is doing at BH.  He is stepping into the shoes of somebody else that he probably has no connection with. (I have no idea).  This is a different process.  And at this price point, do you think there is enough patience to allow TW to figure it out?

If BH goes 2-7 this year (a real possibility) and then 4- 6 next year (not likely) then the shine will have worn off.  Pressure may mount to see somebody else come in.

Barbers Hill checks the boxes for resources and facilities.  No expense has been spared for the AD/Head Coach.  A professional coach is in the business of winning.  TW earned a spot at this high paying table with his past history of success.  He can't eat there forever without picking up the bill with W's.  No coach can.  

Every team has bad breaks.  Every team has injuries, blind refs, rainstorms, broken buses, and The Flash just enrolled at your crosstown rival.  The Head Coaches employment status will be by Wins and Losses.  

I am a wuss, I love a good turnaround story.  The more success he has then the more great experiences and life lessons those kids have.  I wish them all Good Luck and God Bless.

22 hours ago, 2wedge said:

How long until the BH faithful start to call for Westerberg's head?

Just an FYI, I think they'd be crazy to do that, just curious when it will start.

This almost seems like a bait question from you.  Good gravy, this is the Coach's second year and has started the season with HUGE injuries to key players.  Yes, a coach must win, but I also believe that most, not all, but most Eagle fans understand there are simply things out of the control of the HC.  I don't think14 games in a coaching career at a new school is enough to start planting seeds of doubt...c'mon 2wedge, man....

47 minutes ago, Eagle82 said:

This almost seems like a bait question from you.  Good gravy, this is the Coach's second year and has started the season with HUGE injuries to key players.  Yes, a coach must win, but I also believe that most, not all, but most Eagle fans understand there are simply things out of the control of the HC.  I don't think14 games in a coaching career at a new school is enough to start planting seeds of doubt...c'mon 2wedge, man....

I am baiting because I remember how you guys ran Don Price out of town several years ago after he had proven to be successful and win plenty of games. Please see the comment I quote below that illustrates my point.

16 hours ago, texbuzz said:

Well....I think he can coach a varsity football team.  I am a big fan of what I have seen as far as the athletic department.  But...this is a different path.  TW was an offensive coordinator/assistant coach for some years at Allen until he was promoted to HC in 2004.  He was working under his mentor and then took over a position he was groomed to lead.  And he had tremendous success.  That isn't what he is doing at BH.  He is stepping into the shoes of somebody else that he probably has no connection with. (I have no idea).  This is a different process.  And at this price point, do you think there is enough patience to allow TW to figure it out?

If BH goes 2-7 this year (a real possibility) and then 4- 6 next year (not likely) then the shine will have worn off.  Pressure may mount to see somebody else come in.

Barbers Hill checks the boxes for resources and facilities.  No expense has been spared for the AD/Head Coach.  A professional coach is in the business of winning.  TW earned a spot at this high paying table with his past history of success.  He can't eat there forever without picking up the bill with W's.  No coach can.  

Every team has bad breaks.  Every team has injuries, blind refs, rainstorms, broken buses, and The Flash just enrolled at your crosstown rival.  The Head Coaches employment status will be by Wins and Losses.  

I am a wuss, I love a good turnaround story.  The more success he has then the more great experiences and life lessons those kids have.  I wish them all Good Luck and God Bless.

Who in the world does this person think BH is going to hire who will "pick up the bill with W's"? From where will you lure a bigger fish than TW to come to BH and take advantage of the "resources and facilities"? You plucked a multi time 6A state championship winning coach from the largest school in the state and you guys still think there is a bigger fish that you can lure to MONT BELVIEU???? It's ridiculous.

7 hours ago, 2wedge said:

I am baiting because I remember how you guys ran Don Price out of town several years ago after he had proven to be successful and win plenty of games. Please see the comment I quote below that illustrates my point.

Who in the world does this person think BH is going to hire who will "pick up the bill with W's"? From where will you lure a bigger fish than TW to come to BH and take advantage of the "resources and facilities"? You plucked a multi time 6A state championship winning coach from the largest school in the state and you guys still think there is a bigger fish that you can lure to MONT BELVIEU???? It's ridiculous.

The overwhelming majority of parents support TW.  Some people may gripe here and there, and may second guess some things, but I don't think anybody in their right mind wants to change the HC or any of the other coaches. Expectations should be to compete, and we have been doing just that. We scared Crosby, who has won district the last several years and got hit hard on injuries against KP. We had a chance to pull out a W at the end even through injuries and blown assignments. We will rebound.

21 hours ago, 2wedge said:

First of all, I don't know if TexBuzz is a BH supporter or not, nor does it matter, actually.  The fun thing about this board is everybody is entitled to an opinion whether they're directly associated with the topic or not - you, me, and everyone else!!

Everyone has a reason for why they would want to see change in a school's coaching direction.  Hell, every person, every company's management staff or BOD make decisions based on the knowledge THEY have and everybody on the outside can and will second guess and speculate about those decisions.  The Price issue, no different!!

I agree with TradinUP, I believe most people associated with the Hill, even tangentially, are nowhere NEAR the point of giving up on TW and anyone with the 1/2 a brain understands that to build a program, especially at the larger school levels, will take time.  I for one, think what he has accomplished in the year and half that he has been there is remarkable and maybe he has blown his wad already with what he has to work with, but I don't think we've seen anything yet, and I would wager the Board feels the same.  I just feel "sewing the seeds of doubt" like that so early in his tenure, after what has happened to the team with such key injuries so early in this season, especially after proven success last year, is unjustifiable.  One might make the same argument for Price, but how long was Price at the Hill without getting past what, round 3?  The kids at BH deserve better from us on this board. TW deserves better from us as well.

• Bigdog locked this topic