Who has the toughest Non District schedule?

aTmfan06

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

Although in our district teams only play 2 non district games I would say Crosby playing #1 Manvel week 1 would put them up there.

Manvel beat North Shore, who was coming off the 6A-D1 title, and 6A Pearland by a combined score of 59-13. They beat regional finalist FB Marshall 63-6. They're going to be even better this year though. 

We also have Houston Heights who was a 6A playoff team last year and had the best player I saw all last year named Cody Roscoe. They also have the highest rated player any team in this coverage area wil line up against, plus a couple other FBS kids. Pretty tough two game to open with before district. 

Well, let's see...

Silsbee has:

PNG

WOS

Newton

Jasper

Bridge City has:

North Forest

WOS

Newton 

Jasper

So I'd say Silsbee by far has the toughest non-district schedule in the history of tough non-district schedules. 

Besides that, Silsbee played the same schedule last year and started the season 1-3 after squeaking out a one point win over Jasper, so I must once again reiterate that Silsbee must have the absolute toughest non-district schedule. 

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, let's see...

Silsbee has:

PNG

WOS

Newton

Jasper

Bridge City has:

North Forest

WOS

Newton 

Jasper

So I'd say Silsbee by far has the toughest non-district schedule in the history of tough non-district schedules. 

Besides that, Silsbee played the same schedule last year and started the season 1-3 after squeaking out a one point win over Jasper, so I must once again reiterate that Silsbee must have the absolute toughest non-district schedule. 

You forgot that BC plays Hamshire-Fannett while Silsbee plays Alvin Shadow Creek.

Silsbee was 2-3 in non district last year.

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

After starting 1-3 (and one point away from being 0-4), what was the final score against "powerhouse" Alvin Shadow Creek last year?  

60-21.  

All I'm saying is, it's hard to show up seeking praise for having the toughest non-district schedule around when it's almost exactly the same as ours. 

After looking at how BC fared last season in non-district, comparing results from non-district MAY NOT be the best way to get your point across.

I get that Coach DuBois has put quite a stout schedule for the Cardinals to tackle and ranks right up there amongst the toughest schedules in the district,  You probably should have left it at that.

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

After starting 1-3 (and one point away from being 0-4), what was the final score against "powerhouse" Alvin Shadow Creek last year?  

60-21.  

All I'm saying is, it's hard to show up seeking praise for having the toughest non-district schedule around when it's almost exactly the same as ours. 

3 of the 5 opponents are the same. The other two, not so much. I wouldn't call that "almost" the same. PN-G and this years Shadow Creek would destroy HF and North Forest.

Shadow Creek is now a year older. They only had soph. and juniors last year. Now a full class which is why they will be 6A in next realignment.

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

BTW, the first vote for Silsbee was not from a Silsbee fan.  In fact, that person has had just as many run ins with Silsbee folk as just about anybody on this board....well, save you.

Nah... we just had this same conversation about Silsbee's toughest non-district schedule in the Lumberton-Silsbee Scrimmage thread. Trust me... Tigre fan is fishing for some love.

11 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

HF wound not match up with Shadow Creek. Next......

3 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Yes, from the schools they pull from there is potential 

So I guess you're saying that you don't expect to repeat last years 60-21 score because Shadow Creek is going to be so greatly improved?  Like, such a great game that Silsbee might lose?  

It's hard to pretend they're a tough test when they haven't yet done a thing in their short existence.  I mean, somebody has to be the worst team in 5A (and possibly soon 6A), right?