Trump and North Korea

Big girl

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Now he wants to meet with the dictator and talk. What happened to all the threats? He suddenly wants to be diplomatic. They successfully called his bluff.

Well aren't you the one on top of things. Sometimes you have to corner a rat. You think Trump is bluffing? You really don't have a lot of snap do you?

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

Isn't diplomacy what your party is all about?   Shouldn't you be applauding him?

I like diplomacy, i dont care if he meets with him. You guys like war. How do you feel about this situation, especially after the empty threats Trump has made thus far? I am confused as to why he feels "honored" to meet the dictator.

24 minutes ago, baddog said:

Well aren't you the one on top of things. Sometimes you have to corner a rat. You think Trump is bluffing? You really don't have a lot of snap do you?

How do you know the inner workings of Trump's mind? The guy isnt too bright. I dont know what he is thinking or if he has an ulterior motive in regards to meeting the guy. I am wondering why he said he is will be honored to meet the dude. We will see.

2 minutes ago, Big girl said:

How do you know the inner workings of Trump's mind? The guy isnt too bright. I dont know what he is thinking or if he has an ulterior motive in regards to meeting the guy. I am wondering why he said he is will be honored to meet the dude. We will see.

This ain't Big Girl.

Where is the bluff? You do not bring in a carrier group, a nuclear sub, and B1 bombers as a bluff.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

This ain't Big Girl.

Where is the bluff? You do not bring in a carrier group, a nuclear sub, and B1 bombers as a bluff.

Doesn't sound like a bluff.  All the things you mentioned sound like a Royal Flush (and for you folks that don't play poker, that's as good as it gets).

7 hours ago, baddog said:

This ain't Big Girl.

I'm not sure if he is bluffing.  I do know if he does go to war he will be throwing Seoul Korea, Japan and the whole world's economy under the bus.   If we go to war with N Korea and the latter manages to drop a bomb on Seoul or on the country of Japan the whole world's economy will collapse.  It will very much be felt here in this country.  It could also escalate into an all out nuclear night mare. 

53 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I'm not sure if he is bluffing.  I do know if he does go to war he will be throwing Seoul Korea, Japan and the whole world's economy under the bus.   If we go to war with N Korea and the latter manages to drop a bomb on Seoul or on the country of Japan the whole world's economy will collapse.  It will very much be felt here in this country.  It could also escalate into an all out nuclear night mare. 

I don't have the answer. Should we step aside and let him develop his ICBM nuke that can reach us? I don't think he is capable of delivering a nuke at all.....yet. Trump saying it would be an honor to meet with Un is tongue in cheek with me. Everyone knows what is at stake.

Un may not be able to launch a missile, but he does have who knows how much conventional artillery trained on Seoul.  He also has a million man army.  Once scenario suggests that when his vast army storms into S Korea and gets a look at a real modern society, they will all instantly desert.  Prez Trump maybe on to something.  Idk.

14 hours ago, westend1 said:

He thinks it would be "an honor" to meet NK's dictator.  He's a smart "cookie".  I remember all the apology tour critics.  Where have they gone?

This statement clearly troubles you.  However, I don't recall you offering any commentary on the following statement issued by Susan Rice- " Bowe Berghdal served his country with honor and distinction"

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:
18 hours ago, REBgp said:

Doesn't sound like a bluff.  All the things you mentioned sound like a Royal Flush (and for you folks that don't play poker, that's as good as it gets).

This statement clearly troubles you.  However, I don't recall you offering any commentary on the following statement issued by Susan Rice- " Bowe Berghdal served his country with honor and distinction"

It is a bluff. The United States won't attack North Korea. We don't need that problem with China, plus North Korea isn't going to do anything anyway. They realize how the game is, if they attacked America they'd be a parking lot in a day.

7 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

It is a bluff. The United States won't attack North Korea. We don't need that problem with China, plus North Korea isn't going to do anything anyway. They realize how the game is, if they attacked America they'd be a parking lot in a day.

If we were confronting a relatively normal leader, I wouldn't give it a second thought.  The fact that we're confronting a despot, throws the whole thing into a different, dangerous, situation. Un is unpredictable.  Are we bluffing?  Depends on him.  If he does the unthinkable, it's game over.  I hope when it's over we'll look back on it as a bluff.  Any of the other scenarios, including his army attacking S. Korea, is a nightmare.

7 hours ago, stevenash said:

So, does that mean you agree with Trump here?

10 hours ago, stevenash said:

If Trump would just go over there and apologize for U.S. arrogance and dismissiveness, everything would be fine.

I'm sure Un would demand his own pallets filled with cash like Iran got also.  So you have to apologize, and pay, and grovel.  I hope Trump realizes that.

5 hours ago, REBgp said:

I'm sure Un would demand his own pallets filled with cash like Iran got also.  So you have to apologize, and pay, and grovel.  I hope Trump realizes that.

Now he is messing with China....

North Korea threat: Pyongyang directly criticizes China in rare move

This is the hidden content, please