Hagar

19 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

crazy arse crap right here......fake news at its finest

This is the hidden content, please

This is USA Today throwing out a "theory" a few days ago

2 hours ago, westend1 said:

Sad after all of this that some don't understand FISA surveillance.  

Please explain to us peons about the FISA court and surveillance.

If I want to spy on you, couldn't I simply find some shady people you associate with, then go to a FISA court with a request to spy on your friends, knowing I will capture you in the process. When explaining the FISA court and it's role in surveillance programs, please alleviate my concerns that this could happen. Then please explain why you think you know more about this program than all of us unenlightened minions.

Truth be known, shortly after I post this, an NSA Supercomputer will analyze it for any pertinent information.  And when you grab your cell phone and make a call, the NSA has a record of what's said, or text.  Not sure about land lines, but wouldn't be surprised.  Don't underestimate the NSA.  They are Big Brother.

13 hours ago, Englebert said:

If I want to spy on you, couldn't I simply find some shady people you associate with, then go to a FISA court with a request to spy on your friends, knowing I will capture you in the process. When explaining the FISA court and it's role in surveillance programs, please alleviate my concerns that this could happen. Then please explain why you think you know more about this program than all of us unenlightened minions.

Fisa is not for American citizens, unless they say that you are acting as a foreign spy.  They would need a judge warrant to tap Trump or any of his buddies which didn't happen.  Maybe that's why Obama used the British to do his dirty work.  

16 hours ago, Englebert said:

Shady people you associate with?   Is that what you think happened?

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

Shady people you associate with?   Is that what you think happened?

What I'm saying is I can get around the laws if I want to spy on you. If I go to a judge and say I want to spy on westend1, he will ask me why. Alternatively I could say I want to spy on Joe Blow, who I know associates with you, and is a Russian. I could say I believe old Joe might be a Russian spy. The judge would grant the warrant, and I could capture some of your conversations. My true objective is to spy on you. I don't know if this is what happened with the Trump spying situation, but it is possible. The Obama administration could have gotten a warrant to spy on certain Russians they know associate with Trump's administration, not in an attempt to spy on the Russians, but to gather information on Trump's people, who are Americans.

So what do you know about the FISA court that sadly we don't know about?

38 minutes ago, baddog said:

What did the left think about Nixon? If you were aroung then, I bet the house you would run him into the ground. But since this involves the saviour and his cronies, you defend his stinkin arse. I hate the liberal agenda. It's so fake.

Ha ha.  And Mexico is paying for a wall

12 minutes ago, Englebert said:

What I'm saying is I can get around the laws if I want to spy on you. If I go to a judge and say I want to spy on westend1, he will ask me why. Alternatively I could say I want to spy on Joe Blow, who I know associates with you, and is a Russian. I could say I believe old Joe might be a Russian spy. The judge would grant the warrant, and I could capture some of your conversations. My true objective is to spy on you. I don't know if this is what happened with the Trump spying situation, but it is possible. The Obama administration could have gotten a warrant to spy on certain Russians they know associate with Trump's administration, not in an attempt to spy on the Russians, but to gather information on Trump's people, who are Americans.

So what do you know about the FISA court that sadly we don't know about?

A lot apparently.   You seem to have no idea what it takes to get a warrant.   I do.

35 minutes ago, westend1 said:

A lot apparently.   You seem to have no idea what it takes to get a warrant.   I do.

Please enlighten us.  I certainly don't know.  Not sure I ever heard of it prior to this cluster fudge.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Please enlighten us.  I certainly don't know.  Not sure I ever heard of it prior to this cluster fudge.

No you haven't. It's a rather mundane procedure.  It became an issue because trump needed to justify his tweets.  Unmasking is a regular process.  Really nothing but some will try to make something of it

51 minutes ago, westend1 said:

No you haven't. It's a rather mundane procedure.  It became an issue because trump needed to justify his tweets.  Unmasking is a regular process.  Really nothing but some will try to make something of it

Not much enlightenment in that response.  REBgp is probably still waiting for his enlightening.  What is the mundane procedure?

7 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Not much enlightenment in that response.  REBgp is probably still waiting for his enlightening.  What is the mundane procedure?

You really don't know by now?   Foreigners are sometimes surveilled.. Americans aren't identified unless someone in the IC thinks it might be important.  If it might be important, the American is unmasked so that the IC can determine if it is anything worth worrying about.  Happens all the time.

5 minutes ago, westend1 said:

You really don't know by now?   Foreigners are sometimes surveilled.. Americans aren't identified unless someone in the IC thinks it might be important.  If it might be important, the American is unmasked so that the IC can determine if it is anything worth worrying about.  Happens all the time.

Reb asked what it takes to get a fisa warrant.

18 minutes ago, baddog said:

Reb asked what it takes to get a fisa warrant.

Yes, what does it take to get a warrant?   And who's allowed to ask - anyone in the DOJ - Congress?  President's cabinet?  Presidential staff?

5 hours ago, westend1 said:

All it takes is a credible case, based on truth or lies, just as with any other case. How do you figure I have no idea what it takes to get a warrant. Are you really so naïve as to think judges can't be fooled as to the true motive of a request?

7 minutes ago, Englebert said:

All it takes is a credible case, based on truth or lies, just as with any other case. How do you figure I have no idea what it takes to get a warrant. Are you really so naïve as to think judges can't be fooled as to the true motive of a request?

Lol.  Yep. That's it

2 hours ago, westend1 said:

What percentage of Americans are unmasked in surveillance cases? How many agencies are privy to this unmasking. You say it is a mundane process, but you conveniently failed to mention this little tidbit of information. If you know as much as you think you do, you should have no problem answering these two questions. And if you do answer these questions, follow up with why you think the Obama administration felt the need to distribute this highly unusual request.