Coach Ken Watson..

Former Indians Coach Ken Watson has passed away this morning. Coach Watson was once a coach but has always been a huge Indian fan and a sort of Icon around the Reservation for ever it seems. Coach Watson you will be missed dearly. Coach Ken Watson coached PNG from 1965-1972 he had a 59-19-3 record. 

19 hours ago, REBgp said:

Was a household name in the area.  Prayers to the family.

I had the pleasure of visiting with him at the PNG game against Ozen back 4 or 5 years ago when Ozen had that stud QB Green I believe. We went a couple of overtimes in that game. I got to visit with him for about a half and he tld me about so much PNG history I was on brain overload. He was without a fine christian man and father and a great educator. He had a +70% winning % and was kept out of the playoffs by only allowing a single team back then...   75.6% to be exact

Great man and coach at PN-G. Knowing him since I was a youngster allowed me to have many great conversations with him over the years. Mostly about football. I usually ask him a question every year at a game to get sort of a history lesson. And to my recollection, I do not remember him ever missing a home game.. His record speaks for himself, not only in sports, but in life......