UK Parliament terror attack: 4 people killed, including cop and alleged assailant; 20 injured

LumRaiderFan

No mention of the attacker being Islamic, but at least the British authorities call it a terrorist attack, whether the attacker is Muslim or Church of England.  A year ago, if that happened here, it'd be workplace violence, unless they found out it was a Methodist.  Then it would be terrorism.

21 minutes ago, REBgp said:

No mention of the attacker being Islamic, but at least the British authorities call it a terrorist attack, whether the attacker is Muslim or Church of England.  A year ago, if that happened here, it'd be workplace violence, unless they found out it was a Methodist.  Then it would be terrorism.

Think they said he was Asian, but a lot of southeast Asians are Muslim. 

I'll keep saying this till it doesn't fit. Another gunless society except for police.

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

Think they said he was Asian, but a lot of southeast Asians are Muslim. 

I'll keep saying this till it doesn't fit. Another gunless society except for police.

I'm guessing that policeman who died was unarmed.  They have a lot of them armed now, especially around parliament, but not all.  And heaven forbid having an armed citizenry.  Libs don't realize, our country is a modern day Wild West - thanks to them.

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I'm guessing that policeman who died was unarmed.  They have a lot of them armed now, especially around parliament, but not all.  And heaven forbid having an armed citizenry.  Libs don't realize, our country is a modern day Wild West - thanks to them.

Yeah, carry a whistle and yell halt. That might have worked back in the day, but in today's world.....this happens.

4 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

As Big girl likes to say, you're an idiot!!

2 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Are you trying to say he was not, I do believe ISIS has claimed him as one of their own.

Isis claims anybody who injures people. Shouldn't fool you into believing that civil liberties should be infringed on every person.  Still need probable cause for an arrest

This one is touchy because I believe in due process. If a terrorist wants to fly under the radar, I don't believe you can stop them. This is why I can't understand why the left fights against tougher vetting procedures for those people wanting to enter our country. We know the ideology that drives these attacks, we should properly vet people coming from those areas where this ideology is strongest.

12 minutes ago, texanabroad said:

This one is touchy because I believe in due process. If a terrorist wants to fly under the radar, I don't believe you can stop them. This is why I can't understand why the left fights against tougher vetting procedures for those people wanting to enter our country. We know the ideology that drives these attacks, we should properly vet people coming from those areas where this ideology is strongest.

Maybe the left fights the tougher vetting process, because if they are recognized as the ones letting these deplorables here, then they will receive their vote come election time.

4 minutes ago, westend1 said:

I have asked before.  Explain this vetting process.   How is it tougher?   How does a temporary ban accomplish this?  I think it is purely political 

I think it is totally reasonable for a new administration to be able to halt a non-essential program they see as flawed and determine if there is a way to make it better.  As far as the vetting process, I believe it needs to be re-evaluated. For example, it is near impossible for a young single woman to get a visa to come the USA. I know many women who have tried numerous times and can't get a visa and they are no more of a threat than I am. Is that really where our scrutiny should be?

4 hours ago, westend1 said:

He was apparently a British citizen and they had no probable cause to arrest him. You have some problem with due process?

Theresa May stated that he had been on MI5's radar a number of years ago.  Why?  Because he was a good Baptist?  There HAD to have been a reason!

9 hours ago, Reagan said:

Theresa May stated that he had been on MI5's radar a number of years ago.  Why?  Because he was a good Baptist?  There HAD to have been a reason!

I heard a news report that said at any one time, there were as many as 3000 "on the radar" over there.  What do you propose they do?  Arrest them all?