Drug That Cures Cancer?

Hagar

I'm skeptical about this article.  You know the old saying, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't.   But in the event it is, it'll be the greatest thing since antibiotics.  Supposedly, this man had 18 months to live.  My question to anybody/everybody, if they're testing a new, potentially life saving drug, why restrict it to 12 people?  If I'm going to die of cancer in a year or two, and someone has a potential life saving drug, even though it may kill me, give me the drug.  And while I'm on a rant, if someone has a medical death sentence, and is in any pain, don't hesitate to give them something powerful if they want it.  LaLaLand is preferable to dealing with pain or worrying about death.  Once you're given a  medical death sentence, all the regulations should come to a screaming surcease.  Jmo!

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

I'm skeptical about this article.  You know the old saying, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't.   But in the event it is, it'll be the greatest thing since antibiotics.  Supposedly, this man had 18 months to live.  My question to anybody/everybody, if they're testing a new, potentially life saving drug, why restrict it to 12 people?  If I'm going to die of cancer in a year or two, and someone has a potential life saving drug, even though it may kill me, give me the drug.  And while I'm on a rant, if someone has a medical death sentence, and is in any pain, don't hesitate to give them something powerful if they want it.  LaLaLand is preferable to dealing with pain or worrying about death.  Once you're given a  medical death sentence, all the regulations should come to a screaming surcease.  Jmo!

This is the hidden content, please

I'm skeptical as well.  I have always said if there were ever a cure discovered for cancer, it would never be made public.  Can you imagine the millions of dollars going away that is being funneled to places such as MD going away.  Then all the jobs being lost.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

On 2/7/2017 at 9:44 AM, BS Wildcats said:

I'm skeptical as well.  I have always said if there were ever a cure discovered for cancer, it would never be made public.  Can you imagine the millions of dollars going away that is being funneled to places such as MD going away.  Then all the jobs being lost.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

I watch some of the conspiracy documentaries on Netflix and they always get me thinking.  Cancer is a huge business that employs millions of Americans across the country.  I could see govt and big pharma supressing any new drugs that could cure cancer and cost jobs.

Gas/oil is another one that I question.  You can't make me believe that the automakers can't build me a truck that gets better than 14 miles a gallon.  There are some pretty interesting stories of inventors going missing after inventing a new fuel source or cars that go 100 miles on a gallon of water.  Our local economy would be devastated if Oil was no longer needed, so it's easy to see why the govt would step in.  

There is no way Oswald acted alone.  I think he was probably set up and didn't shoot Kennedy at all, but I guess we will never know.  

Area 51 exist.  There is a lot of outer space that we know nothing about.  Why are we the only planet with life?  It's conceivable that there are other planets out there that have better technology than us and can travel in and out of our Solar System.

That's my conspiracy theories for now.......... 

7 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I watch some of the conspiracy documentaries on Netflix and they always get me thinking.  Cancer is a huge business that employs millions of Americans across the country.  I could see govt and big pharma supressing any new drugs that could cure cancer and cost jobs.

Gas/oil is another one that I question.  You can't make me believe that the automakers can't build me a truck that gets better than 14 miles a gallon.  There are some pretty interesting stories of inventors going missing after inventing a new fuel source or cars that go 100 miles on a gallon of water.  Our local economy would be devastated if Oil was no longer needed, so it's easy to see why the govt would step in.  

There is no way Oswald acted alone.  I think he was probably set up and didn't shoot Kennedy at all, but I guess we will never know.  

Area 51 exist.  There is a lot of outer space that we know nothing about.  Why are we the only planet with life?  It's conceivable that there are other planets out there that have better technology than us and can travel in and out of our Solar System.

That's my conspiracy theories for now.......... 

I'm with you on the mpg issue with vehicles.  I feel oil/gas/auto industry in bed together on this issue.

4 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I'm with you on the mpg issue with vehicles.  I feel oil/gas/auto industry in bed together on this issue.

I really think there would be no savings. We would just drive more and spend the same amount. People ask how many mpg I get in my truck and I say terrible. I didn't buy it for gas mileage. I have heard that by 2020, every vehicle must achieve 20 mpg minimum.

If an alien craft lands on my property, I will get on my knees to him because surely he has a Ray gun, which will be much better than my .223.

Not sure about suppressing the cancer drugs. How terrible is that? They cured polio and the March of Dimes moved on to birth defects.

The greatest marksman in the country could not fire Oswald's POS fast enough to match the Zapruder film.

Area 52 exists alright. I will leave it there.

I'm not sure how far people and companies will go to suppress advances.  For instance, IF someone did invent a vehicle that would get 100 mpg, I could see suppressing it for quiet a while.  The economic impact would devastate the worlds economy.  Oil industries stock would hit bottom, and many pension plans and 401k's would be wiped out.  Medically, I go back to cholesterol.  When I was first tested, the alarm number was 240.  Here come all these great, expensive meds, now it's down to 180(?).  Did it drop simply for health reasons, or simply so more folks would need cholesterol meds?  And how/why does the Med Profession lump all under one rule?  We're all different, physically and mentally.  I'd think family history (genetics/DNA/whatever label) would be the most significant factor.  Medicine directions - many will say, 12 and over, 2 pills a day.  May make you drowsy.  If a 12 year old weighing 80 lbs can take 2, why shouldn't I, a 250 lb man, need to take 3?  

Guess you can see why I was kicked out of Med school (joke), but I did pass a CPR class, and stayed in a Holiday Inn Express :)