The worst inagural speech of all time

Big girl

If the intent of the address was to be divisive, he succeeded. If his intent was to unify a divided nation, the speech was an epic failure. He did a lot of bloviating and it was dismal in nature. My sister is a 5th grade teacher, and she said that she taught students that understood adjective/adverb agreement better than he does. "From ocean to ocean and mountain to mountain" will not be remembered in posterity. There was not any fludity. Apparently, the crowd agreed as he received very little applause.

I enjoyed his speech. He doesn't care about being politically correct and showed when he spoke about God. He made sure to speak out against politicians who only care about themselves or their agenda. He made sure to speak against isis. He is pro military and for our police. He wants to get as many people as possible off of welfare. He wants to help the middle class and the working man. His speech sounded great to me!

I see nothing wrong with "ocean to ocean and mountain to mountain". Please point out the adjectives and adverbs in that phrase. Kids in inner cities and in the Nebraska plains view the same sky. This is simply trying to show unity. Anything else you need someone else to explain? 

You truly are a troll and I don't think you posted this. It had too many words for you to have typed. Who helped you?

14 minutes ago, baddog said:

I see nothing wrong with "ocean to ocean and mountain to mountain". Please point out the adjectives and adverbs in that phrase. Kids in inner cities and in the Nebraska plains view the same sky. This is simply trying to show unity. Anything else you need someone else to explain? 

You truly are a troll and I don't think you posted this. It had too many words for you to have typed. Who helped you?

The intent of his speech was not to unify.

2 minutes ago, Big girl said:

That's more like it.

The intent WAS to unify. Your boy Obama was the wedge driver. You are upset because the failed Obamacare will be history. Getting people off welfare doesn't set right with you either. The handouts will be in short supply. This, accompanied with good jobs, will give dignity back to those who want it. I can see why you would be upset. It's not surprising in the least.....totally expected. Need a hankie?

Are you psychologist? Are you a sociologist? Are you a political science historian? What qualifications do you have to determine what Trumps motivations were and why he chose the words he did. (Just using the same analogy you used on various other posts.)

Oh yeah, you must have read it on Huffington Post or one of the other far Left nut-job websites to form your personal opinion. You were asked to comment on Trump's speech yesterday, but refused. I made the comment that you were waiting for the Left leaders...and lo and behold, here is your personal opinion formulated right after the Left told their sheeple what to believe. Coincidence?

55 minutes ago, Big girl said:

If the intent of the address was to be divisive, he succeeded. If his intent was to unify a divided nation, the speech was an epic failure. He did a lot of bloviating and it was dismal in nature. My sister is a 5th grade teacher, and she said that she taught students that understood adjective/adverb agreement better than he does. "From ocean to ocean and mountain to mountain" will not be remembered in posterity. There was not any fludity. Apparently, the crowd agreed as he received very little applause.

Maybe your sister should help you.  Inaugural!!!

30 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I enjoyed his speech. He doesn't care about being politically correct and showed when he spoke about God. He made sure to speak out against politicians who only care about themselves or their agenda. He made sure to speak against isis. He is pro military and for our police. He wants to get as many people as possible off of welfare. He wants to help the middle class and the working man. His speech sounded great to me!

Ok. That's your opinion and I respect it.

8 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I was talking about adjectives and adverbs in his speech as a whole. It doesnt matter what you believe. I was editing my post when you were responding.. The blue sky comment was removed, but that statement was not meant to unify.

How does the blue sky statement divide? ( one adverb and two adjectives in my response) It has been a while but I made "A's" in sentence structure.

3 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I was talking about adjectives and adverbs in his speech as a whole. It doesnt matter what you believe. I was editing my post when you were responding, apparently. The blue sky comment was removed, but that statement was not meant to unify.

I'm curious as to why you think Trump should kowtow to the Liberals. These nut-jobs who frankly shut out Conservatives and told them "they have to sit at the back of the bus", and "elections have consequences" and "you lost" should get the same treatment. It's time for Liberals to get completely off of the bus after the shameful disaster they perpetrated on the American citizens during Obama's embarrassing failure as POTUS. Trump is being way to gracious in his attempt to placate the Liberals. But somehow your personal opinion (ha ha) is that he is trying to divide. I hope you are right. I hope Trump tells every Liberal congressman to go straight to hell and that we don't need to hear anymore of their petulant ideas. But he is bigger than that.

3 minutes ago, baddog said:

How does the blue sky statement divide? ( one adverb and two adjectives in my response) It has been a while but I made "A's" in sentence structure.

You took a class called sentence structure? You guys sure are a hostile bunch. I have a right to my opinion. I thought the speech was awful. 

5 minutes ago, Big girl said:

You took a class called sentence structure? You guys sure are a hostile bunch. I have a right to my opinion. I thought the speech was awful. 

Trump could have delivered the best speech in all of human history and you along with the Liberals would have said it was awful. Very predictable and divisive, but Trump somehow is labeled as divisive.

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

No, the structuring of sentences was part of English class, back when the teachers taught.

I don't believe you made an A. I admit that I never won any spelling contests, (Thank God for spell check) so why are you lying? My sister, who is a teacher, is disturbed by his lack of knowledge, in regards to, adverb/adjective agreement.

I don't believe you made an A. I admit that I never won any spelling contests, (thank God for spell check) so why are you lying?

It's what got me to pass English class. I hated "The Scarlet Letter". Actually, it is called diagramming a sentence, but it is how you structure it.

How can anyone not like what Trump said.....preprogrammed?

9 minutes ago, Big girl said:

The liberal news media,CNN, seemed to think it was a good speech.  Did you not like it because he called out the lawmakers for having their own agendas in mind and not those of their constituents.  And when Trump made that comment, he did not specify parties.  That comment was for both sides.  He wants to make things happen, and you don't like that.  Why??

24 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Trump could have delivered the best speech in all of human history and you along with the Liberals would have said it was awful. Very predictable and divisive, but Trump somehow is labeled as divisive.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the best speech in modern history. It was awful, in my opinion.