*Hardin Jefferson 85 Silsbee 79 Final OVERTIME*

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spinks

the brackets come state tourney time mean nothing.  They may very well play Wylie but they  reseed buy winning percentage it has NOTHING to do with which region you came from.  If they are playing Wylie it is for one of two reasons............HJ has the best winning percentage and wylie the worst or they have the middle two winning %'s.

I can't even express how proud of or how excited I am for these High Flyin' Hawks!!!!!!!!! If anything, this team has definatley proven that they will not give up!!!!!!

They came out to Huntsville wanting to go to Austin SO very badly, and now, here they are!!! It's time, fellas!

Let's go show Austin what H-J is all about, baby!!!

Congratulations, boys, AND a very big congratulations to COACH SUTHERLAND!!! [Coach of the year material!!!!!!! :)  ;)  ;D ]

[move]H-J HAWKS FLY HIGH, NO LIE, AND YOU KNOW THIS... BALLILN'!!!!!! :) :)[/move]

i knew hj was gonna win the whole time i mean silsbee isnt really that good to tell you the truth. Hj has way more potential to win state and that what they are gonna do. hj all the way

Silsbee not that good, huh? I guess having lost by 19 and having to go overtime in this one to a " not so good " team doesn't speak well of HJ.

We all know that these are two very good teams, the Hawks are just a little bit better.

Silsbee's foul trouble ended up being their demise. Our big guys inside, Ahmad Jones and Marcus Brewer both fouled out early in the 4th, and our other inside threat, Terrance Jones picked up his 3rd foul in the second qtr., had to play defense conservatively the rest of the way. Also, our leading scorer for the game, William Harper, fouled out in the OT. Give credit to Coach Sutherland and the Hawks, they took full advantage of this like any smart team would do. They went at the Tiger's weaknesses down the stretch to get this game. IMO, Silsbee put's better athletes on the floor than HJ does, but the Hawks have better basketball players, particularly one great one. HJ's basketball savy proves the difference in the end.

Congrats Hawks!! Now bring home that title to 21-3A. I'll be there rooting for you guys.

Congrats Tigers!! Great season when really nobody was expecting one. 3 years in 3A, 2 regional finals, lost to Diboll 56-55 in 2005 and this year's final, not too shabby. Let's hope we can get over that hump soon.

Guest spinks

You are right.............silsbee puts much better athletes on the court but that is not what matters.  With that said..................I think Silsbee will be the team to beat in 21-3A next year.  Congrats to Coach Williams and his players and Staff.

Now lets bring us home a state championship.

Not all of HJ thinks that way, we know Silsbee has a great team if they didn't it wouldn't have ended up in OT, and I agree Silsbee will be the team to beat next year. I'm very proud of both teams, And to GBB mom they both deserved it, they both worked very hard. That game could have went either way easily. Congats to both teams no one should hang their heads...Both teams very talented and well deserving.

Silsbee's foul trouble ended up being their demise. Our big guys inside, Ahmad Jones and Marcus Brewer both fouled out early in the 4th, and our other inside threat, Terrance Jones picked up his 3rd foul in the second qtr., had to play defense conservatively the rest of the way. Also, our leading scorer for the game, William Harper, fouled out in the OT. Give credit to Coach Sutherland and the Hawks, they took full advantage of this like any smart team would do. They went at the Tiger's weaknesses down the stretch to get this game. IMO, Silsbee put's better athletes on the floor than HJ does, but the Hawks have better basketball players, particularly one great one. HJ's basketball savy proves the difference in the end.

Congrats Hawks!! Now bring home that title to 21-3A. I'll be there rooting for you guys.

Congrats Tigers!! Great season when really nobody was expecting one. 3 years in 3A, 2 regional finals, lost to Diboll 56-55 in 2005 and this year's final, not too shabby. Let's hope we can get over that hump soon.

i agree... if silsbee had not gotten into foul trouble the game would have been much closer... HJ's - WOO had 4 fouls for a lot of the game also and had to play very conservatively as well.... but it was a great game down to the last seconds...

Guest tigersvoice

Not all of HJ thinks that way, we know Silsbee has a great team if they didn't it wouldn't have ended up in OT, and I agree Silsbee will be the team to beat next year. I'm very proud of both teams, And to GBB mom they both deserved it, they both worked very hard. That game could have went either way easily. Congats to both teams no one should hang their heads...Both teams very talented and well deserving.

Thanks, PoppaBearstarr - it still hurts SO BAD to lose.  Someone over in Hawk country ought to take "HJ-HAWKS7" out to the woodshed and teach him how to be a good WINNER.  If you want me to, I will. 

Good luck to the HJ Hawks at the state tournament.  It will be somewhat consoling to say that we lost twice to the state champs but we also beat them once.

There is no doubt a few bad apples in the basket wherever you go.  Thanks for the kind words and we will hopefully bring back the title to Sour Lake, Hardin County and SE Texas!!!!  Silsbee should be very proud as they are a very good team and I will be the first to tell you that I did not want HJ to have to play them again!!!!

If you have a double digit lead, by as much as 17, some say, you gotta mix in some slow down, some 4 posts, something.  Maybe it was the foul trouble.   Coach Williams needs to answer up for some of this.

They lost...plain and simple.  No one needs to "answer up" to anything.  Only one school in each classification ends their season on a winning note.  You need to go and support your Lions, looking at their current squad it may be their last trip for a few years. 

Thanks, PoppaBearstarr - it still hurts SO BAD to lose.  Someone over in Hawk country ought to take "HJ-HAWKS7" out to the woodshed and teach him how to be a good WINNER.  If you want me to, I will. 

Good luck to the HJ Hawks at the state tournament.  It will be somewhat consoling to say that we lost twice to the state champs but we also beat them once.

we would like nothing more to say that as well.

i knew hj was gonna win the whole time i mean silsbee isnt really that good to tell you the truth. Hj has way more potential to win state and that what they are gonna do. hj all the way

Silsbee doesnt have a good team are u kidding me??? ur dumb dont ever post anything again

HJ is certainly more talented individually, but silsbee is scrappy and plays well as a team.  It was a toss-up, and overtime wasn't really a surprise.  HJ-Hawks7 is a little off on this one.  I did expect HJ to win, but not after they went down 17.

They lost...plain and simple.  No one needs to "answer up" to anything.  Only one school in each classification ends their season on a winning note.  You need to go and support your Lions, looking at their current squad it may be their last trip for a few years. 

I grew up in silsbee.  Kountzer is just  a name.  I was stomping around silsbee waay before you were born, probably.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder