Silsbee 99 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 39/FINAL

WOSgrad

13 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Because we don't just roll over and give you guys the game. We'll put up way more of a fight than any of the other district opponents that's for certain.

I haven't seen WOS this season.  They are obviously better than what I saw in the summer.  What I figure will give us more of a game than we have seen in district so far is the athleticism and speed.  I don't think in any of the district games so far anyone has rolled over,  but our speed and athleticism has been superior.  That difference won't be as evident against WOS.  Now when it comes to the basketball part instead of athleticism I don't know if WOS has the guards or shooters to give us a good fight or not.  Much like we saw the difference on the football field this year we will see the difference on the court.  Not sure what the point differential may be, will just have to wait and see. 

35 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I haven't seen WOS this season.  They are obviously better than what I saw in the summer.  What I figure will give us more of a game than we have seen in district so far is the athleticism and speed.  I don't think in any of the district games so far anyone has rolled over,  but our speed and athleticism has been superior.  That difference won't be as evident against WOS.  Now when it comes to the basketball part instead of athleticism I don't know if WOS has the guards or shooters to give us a good fight or not.  Much like we saw the difference on the football field this year we will see the difference on the court.  Not sure what the point differential may be, will just have to wait and see. 

100% agreed with your post. Of course we have no guards to keep up with y'all for a full 4 quarters especially. We have a few of them that can score, but mainly what makes us better than others in district is we value our defense. Hancock has done a very good job with these boys. Since the football boys have been back we're something like 8-1. Just hope we continue our good play against y'all and keep it from being a blowout. 

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

It doesn't matter how athletic  WOS is,  it won't be close. Silsbee has basketball talent that is so much better than everyone else. 1st qtr could be close but Silsbee bench is better than WOS starters. 

The disrespect LOL heck why should we even show up then?? Watch what you say. Miller Skinner and Wiley can definitely ball. 

It's not a slam on WOS.  This is almost the inverse of the football matchup.  Silsbee had a good team with plenty of talent (as did BC).  Yet both games were beatdowns.  

In hoops, WOS has not seen a team nearly as good as Silsbee.   And there is no way to simulate it in practice.   Plus, I have a feeling there will be no overlooking in this game.  Even if WOS was 0-3 instead of 3-0, there's going to be a payback attitude from the Tigers if I were guessing.  

Of course, if the Mustangs can put together some more quarters where they shoot 90% from the field and 100% behind the arc, that will certainly help.  

But you shouldn't take it as disrespect anymore than Silsbee should have when some of us picked WOS by 40+ on the gridiron...

This year's Silsbee team is better than the last 2 years. This team has beat many ranked 5A schools and lost to the #1 & #2 6A schools by 4 and 10 points. Their schedule is most likely the hardest in the state. Battle tested to say the least. Silsbee also beat Dallas Lincoln who was #1 in 4A at that time. Now your same old Tigers. They are damn good!!!

13 hours ago, TxHoops said:

It's not a slam on WOS.  This is almost the inverse of the football matchup.  Silsbee had a good team with plenty of talent (as did BC).  Yet both games were beatdowns.  

In hoops, WOS has not seen a team nearly as good as Silsbee.   And there is no way to simulate it in practice.   Plus, I have a feeling there will be no overlooking in this game.  Even if WOS was 0-3 instead of 3-0, there's going to be a payback attitude from the Tigers if I were guessing.  

Of course, if the Mustangs can put together some more quarters where they shoot 90% from the field and 100% behind the arc, that will certainly help.  

But you shouldn't take it as disrespect anymore than Silsbee should have when some of us picked WOS by 40+ on the gridiron...

I agree with post. It's not taking anything against WOS basketball actually Coach Hancock is a good friend of mine but you don't realize how good this Silsbee team is and they really starting to click just hope it be a clean game on both sides.

46 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

The size is one thing. Silsbee starts 6'4, 6'4, 6'3, 6'3, and 6'2. That makes that full court press even harder. 

No we haven't been starting that lately even before the last few games where players have been out. Michael had been starting in place if Barnes and since some have been out Braylon has been starting.