PNG is lucky to have Faircloth

Rez Ipsa

7 hours ago, l'Acadien Violet et Blanc said:

And, without double-checking, I'm pretty sure the top ten receivers in PNG history are all post-2009. Running backs still haven't caught up to the old days yet. 

Actually, Bertrand is ranked up near the top in several RB categories. Harmon had a pretty solid year under BF and Halfin put up good numbers in his two seasons.

6 minutes ago, badndn said:

Actually, Bertrand is ranked up near the top in several RB categories. Harmon had a pretty solid year under BF and Halfin put up good numbers in his two seasons.

Two of the top three single season rushing records have come during the BF tenure.

Gordon LeBoeuf (1955) -2,150
Chase Bertrand (2010) - 2,013
Caleb Harmon - (2009) - 1,832

And five of the top thirteen. Ever!!!

11 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

An example of what I think Gabe is talking about I saw Friday night.  The Indians had just scored to take a 21-14 lead which they would not relinquish.  Robanadana turned to me and said, "And to believe! Last year they wanted him fired!" My reply, "Fired!? They wanted him dead!"

At which time, a PN-G fan turns around and says, "Yeah, and if he would have lost to Nederland a couple of weeks ago, he would have been fired!"  This as PN-G is poised to advance to a round it has seen only one other time this century (the other one was the Faircloth coached 2010 team). 

I remember the hubbub here during the the last part of last school year when Faircloth was rumored to be taking the job up at Lucas.  Perhaps these two things are related.

I agree. This reminds me of LSU getting rid of Les Miles -- Before Les Miles, LSU wasn't exactly ruling the world. He slows down just a little bit and they get rid of him. I say, be careful what you wish for. 

2 hours ago, hookem14 said:

Two of the top three single season rushing records have come during the BF tenure.

Gordon LeBoeuf (1955) -2,150
Chase Bertrand (2010) - 2,013
Caleb Harmon - (2009) - 1,832

And five of the top thirteen. Ever!!!

That's crazy. Chase Bertrand had a monster year in 2010. He was so close to the record. 

8 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Everyone needs to keep in mind that opinions vary.... I have seen good and bad articles by Gabe... Honestly, I don't know his history, my assumption is that he's a PNG grad... But it's nothing to get upset about... Everyone has an opinion. It doesn't mean your right are wrong... Everyone knows I'm the last guy that would be a rah rah, and not a BF homer... But I find it funny folks are still griping after the season we are having... I think the age gap makes it easier for the younger crowd to say Nederland is not a big thing.... That's mainly because the 35 and under crowd have rarely beat LN.... But for the 35 and older crowd it's a different thought process, since we grew up dismantling Nederland.... So it's just different views... I surely do not agree with all of it.... But I'm surely not upset by his opinion... At the end of the day we are in the 3rd round... Beat Nederland..... And shared a DC..... So this year IMO has been the most successful in the BF era........

I'm a little younger - It's not that I don't care if we beat Nederland. I get sick to my stomach every time we lose to Nederland (It's been a pretty miserable six years). And even though we have only beaten Nederland a few times over my lifetime, it feels good every single time. I just don't see a reason to put it all on the coach absent some really, really bad performance on his part. We have been in every game against Nederland since he arrived (except in 2012, but we were barely in any games in 2012). Neumann has PNG figured out, most of the time. Burnett didn't exactly dominate Nederland. And, I often forget that he isn't a local. He didn't grow up with Mid-County Madness in his blood the way most of us did. But he jumps in and gives it all he has, for the community and the kids. What else could we ask for? I agree 100% that this is definitely the most successful so far of the Faircloth years. I also think he demonstrated a lot of class over the past 12 months. I loved how he made it all about the kids after we beat Nederland a couple weeks ago. Didn't thumb his nose at anyone, didn't tell anyone to go to hell, didn't talk about feeling vindicated -- He just does his job and he devotes all of his life to making great football players. I wish he would do some things better. This is the first year I feel like he has put out a tough team. We are always a finesse team, and I've hated our inability to consistently stop the run. This year, there is a little more blood and glory in how the kids play. Side note: I'd love to see us have a 1999-caliber defense paired with a 2010/2014/2015/2016 Faircloth offense. We would be good, to say the least. Probably would still lose to West Orange, because losing to West Orange seems to be a law of nature, no matter how good we are when we play them. 

3 hours ago, l'Acadien Violet et Blanc said:

I'm a little younger - It's not that I don't care if we beat Nederland. I get sick to my stomach every time we lose to Nederland (It's been a pretty miserable six years). And even though we have only beaten Nederland a few times over my lifetime, it feels good every single time. I just don't see a reason to put it all on the coach absent some really, really bad performance on his part. We have been in every game against Nederland since he arrived (except in 2012, but we were barely in any games in 2012). Neumann has PNG figured out, most of the time. Burnett didn't exactly dominate Nederland. And, I often forget that he isn't a local. He didn't grow up with Mid-County Madness in his blood the way most of us did. But he jumps in and gives it all he has, for the community and the kids. What else could we ask for? I agree 100% that this is definitely the most successful so far of the Faircloth years. I also think he demonstrated a lot of class over the past 12 months. I loved how he made it all about the kids after we beat Nederland a couple weeks ago. Didn't thumb his nose at anyone, didn't tell anyone to go to hell, didn't talk about feeling vindicated -- He just does his job and he devotes all of his life to making great football players. I wish he would do some things better. This is the first year I feel like he has put out a tough team. We are always a finesse team, and I've hated our inability to consistently stop the run. This year, there is a little more blood and glory in how the kids play. Side note: I'd love to see us have a 1999-caliber defense paired with a 2010/2014/2015/2016 Faircloth offense. We would be good, to say the least. Probably would still lose to West Orange, because losing to West Orange seems to be a law of nature, no matter how good we are when we play them. 

Good post.. It is what it is.. Neauman has the perfect package for our area. LN is single tracked on wining football games, surrounded by local assistants from Nederland..(Monte, Spell, Crommett (kinda).... It helps he does not have a revolving door of assistants.. Different philosophies. I hate to throw Matt in any convo in a comparison.. But Matt took care of the little things, which is very important for tradition. He took us to the dance as well.. Different times, different philosophies... But I willo give credit to BF for a good season and a great coaching job this year. I do not have any complaints on the season we are having...

8 hours ago, l'Acadien Violet et Blanc said:

I agree. This reminds me of LSU getting rid of Les Miles -- Before Les Miles, LSU wasn't exactly ruling the world. He slows down just a little bit and they get rid of him. I say, be careful what you wish for. 

Huh they had Nick Saban before les miles and had just won a national championship 

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

Good post.. It is what it is.. Neauman has the perfect package for our area. LN is single tracked on wining football games, surrounded by local assistants from Nederland..(Monte, Spell, Crommett (kinda).... It helps he does not have a revolving door of assistants.. Different philosophies. I hate to throw Matt in any convo in a comparison.. But Matt took care of the little things, which is very important for tradition. He took us to the dance as well.. Different times, different philosophies... But I willo give credit to BF for a good season and a great coaching job this year. I do not have any complaints on the season we are having...

This is a first for you lol, you must have a concussion or something, I guess you are still riding high on The Nederland win lol

It has never mattered to me who the coach was, as Statt says they all have different approaches to their way of teaching these kids. Burnett was smashmouth run it down your throat and he was a defensive stud as a player! Faircloth is a offensive guru and has brought a record destroying offense to the Rez! I think his style of offense is set up for both the run to thrive and the pass to thrive. Since he has been here he has coached some very impressive QBs not to mention going grab Doty off of the Basketball squad and developing him into what I thought was one hell of a player! Runningbacks seem to really thrive in his scheme, Bertrand had a monster year, Harmon was one of the hardest running backs that I have seen, his legs never stopped moving, kid was strong to boot. And for some odd reason it is like we have a endless supply of wide receivers who just continue to come up the ranks. If I had a knock it would be that he doesn't emphasize enough on the defense. In my mind we cant go out and outscore everyone we play, hell I don't know maybe we can as we are 3 deep this year and still alive, who Knows.  I love that we can go score 40 plus points a game but I wish our defense was like the Chicago Bears under Ditka lol Got to take the good with the bad and enjoy the ride. Hate to hear that he keeps applying for other jobs, you would think he would get a raise but I cant blame a person who is trying to better himself, but is the nature of the beast!

20 hours ago, eknights88 said:

I love the he has only missed the playoffs once since he has been at PNG.  They take 4 teams now. Smh 

His teams have score 400 plus, how many points have his defense gave up? That is a record also 

really?? a record on D??.. I looked it up.. PNG's D only allows 19.5 a game.. that is including 2's in the game and 2 post season games... that is actually good now of days... in fact only PA had a lower PPG AVG... and last year was better... 13.4 PPG AVG..  led the district... and also led the district the year before that... so again with your expertise explain how their D is SO BAD??!!