Beaumont West Brook 34 Longview 33/FINAL

WOSgrad

Pretty salty W for Kevin Flannigan and the Bruins. I think if you told Brook fans they were going to play in a district with the Woodlands and Lufkin, draw Longview in the first round and STILL win ten game everybody would've taken it. Already a good season for the Bruins, interesting to see how they show up and play as the favorite now. 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Pretty salty W for Kevin Flannigan and the Bruins. I think if you told Brook fans they were going to play in a district with the Woodlands and Lufkin, draw Longview in the first round and STILL win ten game everybody would've taken it. Already a good season for the Bruins, interesting to see how they show up and play as the favorite now. 

Are you suggesting that West Brook will be the favorite against Lakeview Centennial, next week?

25 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Yes the Bruins should be the favorites. But I'm hearing we have to go all the way to Dallas and play them at DISD Kincade Stadium. Smdh...

Just a bad draw geographically from the UIL. Happens all the time to at least two districts in the Houston area, Westbrook just happened to get put in one this alignment. Palestine is 115 miles away from LC also so it's not like they have a huge advantage. Westbrook just has to go play their game. 

4 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Are you suggesting that West Brook will be the favorite against Lakeview Centennial, next week?

I think you have to say so. IMO if Westbrook plays in that Garland ISD district they go undefeated just like Sachse did this year. One thing about playoff football is that the running game travels. Problem is that WB has given up some big numbers to teams that can throw it around the yard which LC can. I just think personnel wise WB probably couldn't ask for a better matchup at this point in the season. 

59 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think you have to say so. IMO if Westbrook plays in that Garland ISD district they go undefeated just like Sachse did this year. One thing about playoff football is that the running game travels. Problem is that WB has given up some big numbers to teams that can throw it around the yard which LC can. I just think personnel wise WB probably couldn't ask for a better matchup at this point in the season. 

Thanks for the insight. I certainly hope you're right. it would be nice to be playing after Thanksgiving . :)

7 hours ago, One4All said:

What about this Yeoj..............

Beaumont West Brook vs Lakeview Centennial

Friday, November 18th @ 7:30 pm

Wildcat Stadium in Palestine, Tx

On that 6a football website they were saying last night that the game was in Dallas. I'm just glad we don't have to make that drive!

1 hour ago, fido said:

Never underestimate Coach Flanigan. That guy will have them ready. He once made a group of people believe he was 5'11". The guys a miracle worker. Congrats to the Bruins keep it going.

...I wouldn't go that far.  I'm still not totally sold on Flannigan, but I do hope WB goes far!