Longview vs West Brook

I think it's going to be a good game, but I'm not sure if Wb can win it. The lobos have a great rushing attack that I don't see WB slowing down. They have more speed on defense to deal with those sweeps and bubble screens that West Brook like to run. I just think it will be a slow start for Lv because of travel. If Wb can jump on them early in the game and can get some turnovers, I like their chances to win though

2 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I think it's going to be a good game, but I'm not sure if Wb can win it. The lobos have a great rushing attack that I don't see WB slowing down. They have more speed on defense to deal with those sweeps and bubble screens that West Brook like to run. I just think it will be a slow start for Lv because of travel. If Wb can jump on them early in the game and can get some turnovers, I like their chances to win 

This should be a good game, hard to pick a winner.

I think whoever can jump out early should win this game. The unfamiliar nature of the opponents will cause a feeling out process but if one team is keyed up Rom the get go this game could be over fast either way bc you just don't know how to react to an unfamiliar opponent. No tendencies to fall back on This will be a Coaches game. 

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Hey man, I know you've been West Brook's biggest critic for a long time.  they finished 9-1, one of WB's best finishes, probably their best finish.  thoughts now?

Well, it's true I've not been a huge fan of the current coaching staff. True, they did finish 9-1, but other than playing the Woodlands, our schedule was pretty weak. I'm proud of their record, but I still don't have much faith in winning by out coaching an opponent. Do I think they'll beat the Lobos, my gut feeling days no. But, I didn't think they'd win 9 games, this season, so I'd love.to be wrong, once again.

9 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Well, it's true I've not been a huge fan of the current coaching staff. True, they did finish 9-1, but other than playing the Woodlands, our schedule was pretty weak. I'm proud of their record, but I still don't have much faith in winning by out coaching an opponent. Do I think they'll beat the Lobos, my gut feeling days no. But, I didn't think they'd win 9 games, this season, so I'd love.to be wrong, once again.

Ok.  Understandable.  I think they are over achieving right now.  This team is young.  they were supposed to  be a couple of years away....but these young guns are balling, big time.  And I know they got blown out by The Woodlands, but every team suffered the same fate as West Brook, including Katy.  Maybe they'll play over their heads in the Longview game.  I hope they do.

51 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

You're calling us weak??? Lol

Well West Brook beat Lufkin and Lufin beat Longview, so you never know.  West Brook has surprised me with how well they have regrouped after the Woodlands loss.  Yes too, everyone except their first opponent has been beaten badly by The Woodlands.  So given what else West Brook has done, I give them a chance.

Until WB proves that we can once again play with the Katy's, and The Woodlands, I'm going to continue to be hard on Brook. We have the talent to play with anybody in the state, we just get held back by coaching. For us to win 9 games, this season, is a huge accomplishment. But, if we can't do anything in the playoffs, it's all smoke and mirrors.

1 hour ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Until WB proves that we can once again play with the Katy's, and The Woodlands, I'm going to continue to be hard on Brook. We have the talent to play with anybody in the state, we just get held back by coaching. For us to win 9 games, this season, is a huge accomplishment. But, if we can't do anything in the playoffs, it's all smoke and mirrors.

I agree with you that WB has talent.  But, when I saw the match-up with the Woodlands I didn't see two equal teams physically.  But, this is not a typical Woodlands team.  Normally they are not ranked #3 in the state.  WB is very good as the record indicates, but to compare them with an elite Woodlands team is unfair.  My guess is the two will be more closely aligned in talent next season when they graduate many from an extra talented senior heavy team.  

15 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Montgomery wasn't week. Neither was Lufkin. I think WB has a great shot at winning this game.