Beaumont West Brook Playoffs

BADSANTA

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That first round will be rugged.  I just hope they don't see Katy soon...

They shouldn't see Katy for a while.  West Brook is in Region II this year and next so even if they are in the same division as Katy, they wouldn't see them until the state championship game as Katy is in Region III.

12 minutes ago, pdawg119 said:

Katy is D1.

Yes, that is right.  West Brook is D2 R2, Katy is D1 R3.  The two can not meet.  Two of their biggest challenges should be Westfield and Klein Collins.  John Tyler is also in the mix as the number one 11 6A district rep.  Undefeated Round Rock Cedar Ridge may go D1 or D2 in Region 2, they too will be one of the favorites in either division.  District 9 and 10 from Dallas do not appear too formidable in D2, so whoever wins the Longview v West Brook game should be the favorite in the second round against whoever they play from district 9-10.  If West Brook gets past round two, that is when they will likely play one of the favorites, Westfield, Klein Collins or Cedar Ridge.   

I just looked at projected district playoff qualifiers.  Westfield would be West Brook's probable third round opponent, although Houston Stratford their 15 6A opponent in the first round is a very good team too and could pull the upset over Westfield.  Like with West Brook and Longview, the winner of the game between Westfield and Stratford should be a clear round two favorite over a weaker district 13-14 opponent.  Cedar Ridge is not currently expected to go D2.  The potential fourth round opponent for Westbrook is likely the winner of John Tyler and Klein Collins.  Of the 16 teams in R2 D2, I would rank the favorites in  as 1.  Klein Collins   2. Westfield   3.  John Tyler  4. Stratford/Longview/West Brook.

10 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

D2 Reg 2 is stacked so I don't see them winning the region, beating the Reg 1 rep.  That's when and only when they will meet up with Katy......

Cedar Hill will be waiting on the top of the Reg 2, D2 bracket

West Brook is D2, Katy is D1, the two can not meet in the playoffs.  But, both could be state champs together.  :)

Cedar Hill is in Region 1, but Desoto is favored to win Region 1.

15 minutes ago, TXFBfan said:

I just looked at projected district playoff qualifiers.  Westfield would be West Brook's probable third round opponent, although Houston Stratford their 15 6A opponent in the first round is a very good team too and could pull the upset over Westfield.  Like with West Brook and Longview, the winner of the game between Westfield and Stratford should be a clear round two favorite over a weaker district 13-14 opponent.  Cedar Ridge is not currently expected to go D2.  The potential fourth round opponent for Westbrook is likely the winner of John Tyler and Klein Collins.  Of the 16 teams in R2 D2, I would rank the favorites in  as 1.  Klein Collins   2. Westfield   3.  John Tyler  4. Stratford/Longview/West Brook.

KC will most likely go DI

5 minutes ago, One4All said:

3936 Klein

3590.5 Klein Collins 3683 Klein Forest

4026.5 Klein Oak 

Yeah, I knew the order but didn't know the numbers exactly thanks.  Stratford is smaller yet.  The only two in for sure are KC and Stratford, so since they are smaller than the other three, they will be D2 for sure.

Unfortunately for West Brook the best two 15 6A teams are going D2, KC and Stratford.  Same thing in 16 6A with Westfield.  But, not so with District 13-14, the better teams in that district are going D1 (Cedar Ridge and Round Rock).  Same with West Brooks potential second round opponents from district 9-10.  Undefeated Sachse and one loss Rowlett are going D1, while West Brook gets third or fourth best team from that district.  Luck of the draw I guess.