#6 Texas A&M at #1 Alabama

PhatMack19

11 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Top ten game last year at A&M which 'Bama won by 18.  Will probably be 20 by the time books close.

A&M competed pretty well in that game, but the 3 pick 6's were too much to overcome.  Bama has a return TD in 9 straight games.  Ags can't allow them to score on defense or special teams to have a shot. 

25 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

A&M competed pretty well in that game, but the 3 pick 6's were too much to overcome.  Bama has a return TD in 9 straight games.  Ags can't allow them to score on defense or special teams to have a shot. 

Just going by what they did against Tennessee, I don't know about their chances.  A win in ot after forcing 6-7 turnovers is not good.  They should have won by 2 TD's, jmo.

6 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Just going by what they did against Tennessee, I don't know about their chances.  A win in ot after forcing 6-7 turnovers is not good.  They should have won by 2 TD's, jmo.

I was thinking the same thing..The thing with Bama Is you can't play scared, cause that's when they have you playing out of control trying to do to much and that's when turnovers happen... teams like Auburn,  Ole miss aren't scared of Bama that's why they win against them... 

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Line is up to 18.5.  That means all of the early money is on Bama.  

Not at all what it means but I guess I will educate you.  66% of betting public on aggy.  Which means only 34% is on Bammer.   (With me so far?). So why on earth has the line moved a point and a half Bammer's way?  That makes no sense!

Here's why:. Because the sharps are on Bama. Or the big money.  Or the smart money.  This is probably the best indicator of which way to bet.  Bet against Joe Schmo and bet with the sharks in Vegas who do it for a living.  When you see a game where the vast majority of folks are betting on one side but the line is moving in their favor, this is what is occurring.  And that's a game you play if you do that sort of thing.  I prefer 70-80 percent but those are few and far between.   This one is close enough.  Chumps lose their money; Bama "beats the hell out of aggy."  This concludes the lesson for the day...

21 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Not at all what it means but I guess I will educate you.  66% of betting public on aggy.  Which means only 34% is on Bammer.   (With me so far?). So why on earth has the line moved a point and a half Bammer's way?  That makes no sense!

Here's why:. Because the sharps are on Bama. Or the big money.  Or the smart money.  This is probably the best indicator of which way to bet.  Bet against Joe Schmo and bet with the sharks in Vegas who do it for a living.  When you see a game where the vast majority of folks are betting on one side but the line is moving in their favor, this is what is occurring.  And that's a game you play if you do that sort of thing.  I prefer 70-80 percent but those are few and far between.   This one is close enough.  Chumps lose their money; Bama "beats the hell out of aggy."  This concludes the lesson for the day...

That's why i said money not % of betters.  My $100 bet doesn't move the line. 

33 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

That's why i said money not % of betters.  My $100 bet doesn't move the line. 

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Education at it's best

No you said "all the early money."  Had you said "big money," it would have indicated you knew what you were talking about. And it was in response to a comment I made about the commentators loving A&M at +17, which typically means take the other side.  But thanks for letting me know that $100 doesn't move the line since that's exactly what my post was about.  At least you are learning; definitely puts you ahead of the aggy curve...

On the bright side, you do have New Mexico State and Texas State coming up to add to that Prairie View A&M win, all of which should be super impressive come committee time.  I'm sure even with one loss.  

On October 17, 2016 at 9:50 PM, D3zii said:

I agree I actually have A&M winning but they have got to tackle better an limit their mistakes

A&M is a terrible tackling team and unfortunately, that doesn't bode well against Bama.  I'll hope for the best, but this game is more likely to be a blowout than a barn burner.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Link?