Crosby 26 Kingwood Park 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Nah, getting healthy while winning is more important than blow out wins.  They need a healthy backfield for sure.  Next week will be some of the same stuff then a big one with Dayton.  Throw out the records in that one.

Oh I agree and was hoping that was what was happening. I want to see the Crosby that played BH continuing on! They definitely need to be spending this time getting their depth built up, because it would seem that without the studs you guys have sitting Crosby performance drops dramatically.  NC, Dayton and Splendora  are all out there waiting.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Oh I agree and was hoping that was what was happening. I want to see the Crosby that played BH continuing on! They definitely need to be spending this time getting their depth built up, because it would seem that without the studs you guys have sitting Crosby performance drops dramatically.  NC, Dayton and Splendora  are all out there waiting.

I want to see more than the Crosby that played BH. Netherly couldn't run and I think only played a couple of series vs BH  

A Red Storm is rising. 

Its going to be a Red October

50 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Me too, Porter will be a big game for us. They've never beaten us but this is their best team yet. 

I would worry about getting past BH. We could spoil your date with Crosby more than Porter IMO.

On October 1, 2016 at 7:49 AM, ScubaSteve said:

Allot of this is BS:) and I think fan hope/ opinion. Crosby should be able to score 40 with out trying. Hope you guys get everyone rested up .

I agree. I see Crosby fans predicting too much. This team can be beat. If KP would of connected with wide open receivers on two occasions then what? 

had Crosby not thrown three picks on the other side of the field, and fumbled it on the KP side of the field. That's not what happened and KWP is KWP because they don't hit those shots very often. Also I never play the what if game... thats for the silly folks to play. Crosby has 1 district loss and the tie-breaker for 2nd in district right now. if BH beats Porter good for them, if Porter beats them good to them. 

Crosby was missing two d1 athletes for that game with an inexperienced quarterback who at times looked like the moment got to him (having 2 chances to win the game with a solid drive.) The Defense played poorly and got lit up (first time this year.) So yea we lost they controlled the ball played an incredible game, extremely well coached, #2 is a stud, Their QB can sling it. 

After all is said and done They have to repeat that performance against BH which will challenge them in different ways than crosby. Then they have to do it against NC which will again challenge them in a different ways. Great win for Porter Bad Loss for crosby. Crosby played another bad game versus KWP (with Manny.) 

But... we are 3-2 with losses to Manvel and Porter and 1 district loss will not keep us from winning a district title unless Porter finds a new defense in this second half of the year. 

Guest Aledoalumni
On 10/1/2016 at 11:24 PM, Red Dawn said:

This team is still a work in progress. 

1) Netherly was not allowed to run. Yes he played. But him not running is like Michael Phelps not swimming. 

2) Craig Williams didn't touch the field. This 4.36 burner is a 21 point difference maker. He probably could have played but is beating KP by a lot more important than getting him ready for the stretch? Um...No. 

3) Riordan's margins of victory are always less than expected as he 1) won't humiliate an opponent and 2) will let as many of his kids play as possible. 

Im not saying Crosby is State or Bust but I'm ok with saying the Cougars will Win a tough fought district championship by deafeating NC in an epic battle in the last week of the regular season. 

What are the expectations for Crosby? 

1 hour ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

What are the expectations for Crosby? 

1) District Championship. Which means we have to run the table. 

2) After that get in the playoffs and roll the dice. The program's goal is to win a State Championship. However, I don't think we've shown enough consistent playoff success to be disappointed with 3rd and 4th round exits. I'd like to see a state championship but we need to start changing our image of a 2nd round exit team. So, to answer your question I'd like to see this team get to at least round 3. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, BHFAN said:

You do realize Netherly didn't play much more than a couple of series in the BH game, right. BH got carved up by the backup qb, even though we blew you guys out I wouldn't say Crosby played overly well that game either. We're the deepest team in the district,  a lot of our backups like the qb and rb would start for BH. Porter caught Crosby in a perfect storm and capitalized like a well coached team does. In 2014 when we went to the semis we won three of our first seven games by a td or less and lost the last game of the regular season. You'll see that when it's time for Crosby to go, we'll go. Just like we did for the BH game when we thought it might be for the DC.

Guest Aledoalumni
4 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

1) District Championship. Which means we have to run the table. 

2) After that get in the playoffs and roll the dice. The program's goal is to win a State Championship. However, I don't think we've shown enough consistent playoff success to be disappointed with 3rd and 4th round exits. I'd like to see a state championship but we need to start changing our image of a 2nd round exit team. So, to answer your question I'd like to see this team get to at least round 3. 

I really dont know Crosby playoff history. What is preventing yall from being consistent with deep playoff runs? Yall just run into good teams early on or do you feel like yall are getting out coached or are lacking in talent? 

1 hour ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

I really dont know Crosby playoff history. What is preventing yall from being consistent with deep playoff runs? Yall just run into good teams early on or do you feel like yall are getting out coached or are lacking in talent? 

I don't normally agree with 14.2, but I think he has a valid point in that Crosby, more than anyone, has suffered by the UIL's refusal thus far to divide 5A into DI and DII in the same manner as 4A through 1A.  In the second round, they are facing teams who even though they are some of the smaller teams in their district, still dwarf Crosby's ADM and have probably added 200-300 students (at least) since the ADM's are taken.

Responding to 14.2 post above because the stupid Quote function isn't working :) I do realize all of that stuff, but thanks for the lecture. You do realize that I posted this on the KWP thread and not Porter? I can understand the Porter loss with the players that you had out, but KWP is no Porter or BH. You managed to muster 26 points and allow 2 TD's to a team that can barely move the ball on the field This is why I questioned the depth of this years Crosby team. I'm sure you will follow up with another paragraph on how you beat the crap out of BH, but I realize that happened to.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I don't normally agree with 14.2, but I think he has a valid point in that Crosby, more than anyone, has suffered by the UIL's refusal thus far to divide 5A into DI and DII in the same manner as 4A through 1A.  In the second round, they are facing teams who even though they are some of the smaller teams in their district, still dwarf Crosby's ADM and have probably added 200-300 students (at least) since the ADM's are taken.

I think CC Calhoun has suffered more than anyone. They had to play Ridgepoint in the first round last year and have about 500 kids less than Crosby. Granite they were tied with Ridgepoint with less than 2 minutes to go but they still had to play a team with around twice the enrollment. Come to think of it Crosby probably had the highest enrollment of any team they played in 2014 when they won the region. 

19 hours ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

I believe all but one loss in Riordan's tenure have been to teams with larger enrollment. 

The last two years we've been knocked out by Cedar Park and Ridge Point. 

No excuses. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. 

I believe we are over 1700 students so there are other high schools at much larger disadvantages than us.

19 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Responding to 14.2 post above because the stupid Quote function isn't working :) I do realize all of that stuff, but thanks for the lecture. You do realize that I posted this on the KWP thread and not Porter? I can understand the Porter loss with the players that you had out, but KWP is no Porter or BH. You managed to muster 26 points and allow 2 TD's to a team that can barely move the ball on the field This is why I questioned the depth of this years Crosby team. I'm sure you will follow up with another paragraph on how you beat the crap out of BH, but I realize that happened to.

We scored 26 because that's what we needed to win, if we needed more we could've gotten more. No need being up 3 tds at the end of the third quarter and running fake punts to make the margin wider for the newspaper, that's what you have a defense for. We don't need big wins to build confidence because we were down for some years, we just need to be peaking when the games mean the most and get through the others healthy.     

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 0:54 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

You do realize Netherly didn't play much more than a couple of series in the BH game, right. BH got carved up by the backup qb, even though we blew you guys out I wouldn't say Crosby played overly well that game either. We're the deepest team in the district,  a lot of our backups like the qb and rb would start for BH. Porter caught Crosby in a perfect storm and capitalized like a well coached team does. In 2014 when we went to the semis we won three of our first seven games by a td or less and lost the last game of the regular season. You'll see that when it's time for Crosby to go, we'll go. Just like we did for the BH game when we thought it might be for the DC.

Backup QB wouldn't start for BH. Both QB's on varsity have stronger arms and the backup at BH is faster or atleast according to his varsity hurdle district championship last year as a freshman.

23 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Backup QB wouldn't start for BH. Both QB's on varsity have stronger arms and the backup at BH is faster or atleast according to his varsity hurdle district championship last year as a freshman.

Should have put those fast guys on defense then. Maybe Crosby wouldn't have scored 42.  I didn't see anybody do anything on that team except Langilier.  

20 hours ago, bronco pride said:

I think CC Calhoun has suffered more than anyone. They had to play Ridgepoint in the first round last year and have about 500 kids less than Crosby. Granite they were tied with Ridgepoint with less than 2 minutes to go but they still had to play a team with around twice the enrollment. Come to think of it Crosby probably had the highest enrollment of any team they played in 2014 when they won the region. 

You're talking about Port Lavaca I think. PLC gets to play down in region 4 all the time so their enrollment gaps are relevant but not as much as in regions two and three. I think Ridge Point was just looking past them in anticipation of their matchup with us. When we won the region in '14 Hutto had a larger enrollment than we do and Cedar Park was about 400 students larger at the time. Manor had about a 400 student enrollment advantage on us and Ridge Point had about a 700 student advantage on us and will probably be D1 in 6A this year after competing in the 5A-D2 bracket last year. I could only wish we got to play in region 4 D2 where the only real teams you have to beat are PLC, Tivy, Calallen and sometime Cedar Park. Angleton isn't even good this year and will probably still play their district mate for the region 4 D1 title.    

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Lol, you honestly think Cameron Cauthen is better than Jaiden Howard? Your other qb played against us last year too on the freshman team, we beat them 38-6 and I believe Jaiden threw 5 tds. This year he had 300+ total yards and at least 3 tds, BH probably didn't even put up more total yards than Crosby had penalty yards with the starter they have. I would be willing to bet BH could've scored more than one offensive td on Crosby with him playing qb. We'll revisit this on signing day in a couple of years and see who's evaluation was more correct.

PS- That's weird you talk about arm strength when Jaiden has to be told to dial it down sometime. If one of the BH's kids dad informed me correctly, during the Santa Fe game before the end of the half I believe BH wanted to throw a hail mary to the endzone from like the 40. They pulled Cauthen out and put the sophomore in because he had better arm strength. I've been watching the sophomore play for four years now, his arm is nowhere near Howard's.