Crosby 26 Kingwood Park 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

12 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I'm really confused at how Crosby is playing now. What is going on in cougar land? Do you guys still have tons of injuries ?

It was 19-0 at the end of the first quarter.  Some players still out with injuries.  Back-up quarterback was in and out beginning in the 2nd quarter.  When is the last time you saw Coach Rio run the score up on someone if he didn't have to ?  Game was still sloppy though.  

27 minutes ago, BHFAN said:I'm really confused at how Crosby is playing now. What is going on in cougar land? Do you guys still have tons of injuries ?

It was 19-0 at the end of the first quarter. I'm sure Crosby could've been more aggressive with the play calling to make the score look better but I think the focus is on getting through these next couple of weeks healthy and trying to peak going into the playoffs. That being said, we were still sloppy in the passing game. Defense played ok, starters gave up one TD and KP score another with 40 or 50 seconds left in the game on the backups. 

45 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Your coach scores a lot of points on people right now to build up his team's confidence. The score looks a lot closer than the actual game was. Our coach's focus is to try to get and keep our players healthy, he's not going to run a fake punt from his own side of the field when he's up three or four tds just to widen the margin. You just don't let them score just like we only let y'all score one offensive TD. 

This team is still a work in progress. 

1) Netherly was not allowed to run. Yes he played. But him not running is like Michael Phelps not swimming. 

2) Craig Williams didn't touch the field. This 4.36 burner is a 21 point difference maker. He probably could have played but is beating KP by a lot more important than getting him ready for the stretch? Um...No. 

3) Riordan's margins of victory are always less than expected as he 1) won't humiliate an opponent and 2) will let as many of his kids play as possible. 

Im not saying Crosby is State or Bust but I'm ok with saying the Cougars will Win a tough fought district championship by deafeating NC in an epic battle in the last week of the regular season. 

5 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

This team is still a work in progress. 

1) Netherly was not allowed to run. Yes he played. But him not running is like Michael Phelps not swimming. 

2) Craig Williams didn't touch the field. This 4.36 burner is a 21 point difference maker. He probably could have played but is beating KP by a lot more important than getting him ready for the stretch? Um...No. 

3) Riordan's margins of victory are always less than expected as he 1) won't humiliate an opponent and 2) will let as many of his kids play as possible. 

Im not saying Crosby is State or Bust but I'm ok with saying the Cougars will Win a tough fought district championship by deafeating NC in an epic battle in the last week of the regular season. 

Well said, exactly how I feel. I bet Crosby played 45 kids tonight, maybe because it was homecoming too. Grace probably ran for his career high tonight and Netherly could've easily ran for as many tds as he basically wanted. I think after we got the TD called back but was clear there would be no resistance Riordan kind of shut it down. Has a little '14 feel to it where you're waiting to see their best games which ended up happening in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

It was 19-0 at the end of the first quarter.  Some players still out with injuries.  Back-up quarterback was in and out beginning in the 2nd quarter.  When is the last time you saw Coach Rio run the score up on someone if he didn't have to ?  Game was still sloppy though.  

Well there was the time Crosby beat Porter 70-0 trying to break a season scoring record if memory serves.

22 minutes ago, Eagles12 said:

Well there was the time Crosby beat Porter 70-0 trying to break a season scoring record if memory serves.

I remember that game when we had the Twins, they didn't play past the first quarter. It just happened to be 35-0, Porter gave up the other 35 to second and third stringers. That happened a lot that year, Austin Walter would've easily rushed for over 3,000 yards that year had he not been pulled so early because of some of those scores.  

Allot of this is BS:) and I think fan hope/ opinion. Crosby should be able to score 40 with out trying. Hope you guys get everyone rested up .

I agree. I see Crosby fans predicting too much. This team can be beat. If KP would of connected with wide open receivers on two occasions then what? 

7 hours ago, Eagles12 said:

Back ups we're in most of the second half. The last td was a defensive td. Fumble recovery and about s 25 yard return for td by 3rd string d-lineman. 

Hardly trying to run it up. Can tell back ups to lay down. 

10 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Allot of this is BS:) and I think fan hope/ opinion. Crosby should be able to score 40 with out trying. Hope you guys get everyone rested up .

I agree. I see Crosby fans predicting too much. This team can be beat. If KP would of connected with wide open receivers on two occasions then what? 

Never said we can't be beat. Obviously Porter proved that. Still think Crosby wins out. But can they be beat. Absolutely.