Crosby 26 Kingwood Park 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

18 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You're talking about Port Lavaca I think. PLC gets to play down in region 4 all the time so their enrollment gaps are relevant but not as much as in regions two and three. I think Ridge Point was just looking past them in anticipation of their matchup with us. When we won the region in '14 Hutto had a larger enrollment than we do and Cedar Park was about 400 students larger at the time. Manor had about a 400 student enrollment advantage on us and Ridge Point had about a 700 student advantage on us and will probably be D1 in 6A this year after competing in the 5A-D2 bracket last year. I could only wish we got to play in region 4 D2 where the only real teams you have to beat are PLC, Tivy, Calallen and sometime Cedar Park. Angleton isn't even good this year and will probably still play their district mate for the region 4 D1 title.    

What was Hutto's enrollment? Thought they were pretty small school.

52 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, you honestly think Cameron Cauthen is better than Jaiden Howard? Your other qb played against us last year too on the freshman team, we beat them 38-6 and I believe Jaiden threw 5 tds. This year he had 300+ total yards and at least 3 tds, BH probably didn't even put up more total yards than Crosby had penalty yards with the starter they have. I would be willing to bet BH could've scored more than one offensive td on Crosby with him playing qb. We'll revisit this on signing day in a couple of years and see who's evaluation was more correct.

PS- That's weird you talk about arm strength when Jaiden has to be told to dial it down sometime. If one of the BH's kids dad informed me correctly, during the Santa Fe game before the end of the half I believe BH wanted to throw a hail mary to the endzone from like the 40. They pulled Cauthen out and put the sophomore in because he had better arm strength. I've been watching the sophomore play for four years now, his arm is nowhere near Howard's.

Your dizzy, the Howard kid isn't as good as you think. You have your opinion and I have mine. Both of our QB's can throw over 40 yards. Come on, you trying to put goofy stuff out there now. Why you think ya'll ran slants with him in there. I've watched both Sophs since MS, I'll take Holland all day long over Howard.

In fact, he might be 4th string over here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• That was an awesome video!  I feel so proud of these young men.  They proved the doubters wrong.  Bellville should be proud, too.  I know it didn't end like they had hoped, but we've been there, so we can definitely empathize with them.  Great season, Brahmas!
    • Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
  • Topics