Newton 38 Bridge City 16/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Newton's gonna Newton.  They haven't enjoyed all their success by accident. 

The crazy thing is, if the Cards can get their act together, they have a legitimate shot to be right there for the district title.  With Navasota being a hot mess, that district has no power houses in it and BC should be in the conversation

should be.

But which conversation will it be.

21 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

should be.

But which conversation will it be.

Exactly.  To be determined for sure.  Just saying there are no dominant teams in that district this year.  Based on personnel and coaching, they should be competing for the district title IMO.  We will see if they can pull it together. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Post game thoughts. 

I was only able to watch the first half, so that's all I can comment on. Newton came out and executed a game plan so seamlessly that you'd never know they were missing 4 starters, allegedly. I don't want to diminish what the Newton kids were doing tonight. They played well enough to beat our you-know-whats up and down the field. 

It was absolutely the most uninspired and undisciplined performance I've seen from the Cards in years.  Stupid penalties and carelessness with the football are killing us. 

They are still dizzy from last week.

Bridge City had the best line we have faced this year. They just kept making mistakes that killed drive after drive. Several fumbles, one blocked punt and numerous 

penalties . They get the self destructive mistakes straighten out and  they will be a pretty good football team.

Good luck to Bridge City.