Vidor @ Beaumont Central

Alpha Wolf

14 hours ago, Raider24 said:

No rivalry there! Lumberton will beat PNG for like the 2nd time in history! Jags will dominate this game vs Ned's rival da Pirates! Jags win DC. Pam 2nd, Raiders 3rd, Big Ned 4th! StatTrash becomes loser for 1st time in his life!

I at least have the Indians making the playoffs...smh.

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

I'll be there in my usual upper deck seats, not going to fish Saturday...

You can do the in game analysis/commentary and I'll do the updates.  Maybe one day we can do play by play from the press box...

Hate you're missing the fishing, but at least you'll be fresh for the game.  Will be hanging on the update thread Saturday evening.  Nice to know both of y'all will be posting.   From the post on this thread, looks like the Vidor fans are keeping a low profile.  Best guess, that B. Hill game still has them punch drunk.

Btw, Bostwick said (Wed I think) to expect a few pretty good storms Sat afternoon.  Hopefully there won't be any lighting delays..

On 9/8/2016 at 8:50 PM, Raider24 said:

No rivalry there! Lumberton will beat PNG for like the 2nd time in history! Jags will dominate this game vs Ned's rival da Pirates! Jags win DC. Pam 2nd, Raiders 3rd, Big Ned 4th! StatTrash becomes loser for 1st time in his life!

Don't bank on it!!!!

On September 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM, jake94 said:

It's quiet because this isn't a rivalry game like Nederland vs Vidor. That's the biggest game of the year for both of those teams...

I'm quite positive PNG vs Nederland is way bigger to the dogs than the Pirates. Way bigger, it's in a state wide scale, like the 3rd or 4th largest rivalry in the state

I'll jump into this thread since I'm back on the computer after Whitney's victory over Hillsboro tonight. First, as I said earlier, Central vs. Vidor contests are NEVER blowouts and usually great football games. Example: last year, were it not for one Devwah Whaley making a spectular play from Central's one yard line on a fumbled ball on third down, it could have easily been a Vidor victory. I believe the score was 28 - 21 at that time. And, since we're talking about all the monsters out there, you know which monster was missing last year from that game? Ol' #23 for the Pirates with a broken knee. Leckelt, Humble and Quirante aren't too bad of a backfield with Mav at QB. Jeff made wholesale changes on that defense including the scheme after the BH game going to four down linemen which we should have been in from way last year. If this #23 gets it in his head that he is every bit as good as his brother was, and he is every bit the athlete, it might be a long night for Central. He had 147 yards against Pasadena Memorial. And, he didn't play QB against BH until the second half. We were in BH's red zone three times in the first half and I sure would have liked to see if they could have stalled the offense with Mav at the helm. Wish I could be at the game tomorrow, it will be well worth the $6. 

GO PIRATES! CRUSH CENTRAL!

2 hours ago, robanadana said:

I'll jump into this thread since I'm back on the computer after Whitney's victory over Hillsboro tonight. First, as I said earlier, Central vs. Vidor contests are NEVER blowouts and usually great football games. Example: last year, were it not for one Devwah Whaley making a spectular play from Central's one yard line on a fumbled ball on third down, it could have easily been a Vidor victory. I believe the score was 28 - 21 at that time. And, since we're talking about all the monsters out there, you know which monster was missing last year from that game? Ol' #23 for the Pirates with a broken knee. Leckelt, Humble and Quirante aren't too bad of a backfield with Mav at QB. Jeff made wholesale changes on that defense including the scheme after the BH game going to four down linemen which we should have been in from way last year. If this #23 gets it in his head that he is every bit as good as his brother was, and he is every bit the athlete, it might be a long night for Central. He had 147 yards against Pasadena Memorial. And, he didn't play QB against BH until the second half. We were in BH's red zone three times in the first half and I sure would have liked to see if they could have stalled the offense with Mav at the helm. Wish I could be at the game tomorrow, it will be well worth the $6. 

GO PIRATES! CRUSH CENTRAL!

Good post...

I'll keep you posted on the score...