PNG vs GCM

Indianforever

On 8/29/2016 at 9:37 PM, prepballfan said:

I feel like Roschon will have another stellar game making some folks in the area see him for the threat he is. This kid has all the intangibls. Maybe pretty darn special. Man he is fast. The Indians will work on getting their two missing starters on the oline back this week I believe.

NOT THIS ONE!!!! look, everyone KNOWS how bad GCM is...my dead grandma could put up against big numbers...we will see what he is made of against central, PAM and nederland

1 minute ago, pakronos said:

NOT THIS ONE!!!! look, everyone KNOWS how bad GCM is...my dead grandma could put up against big numbers...we will see what he is made of against central, PAM and nederland

I hope you see it before then. Kids just a soph he still has growing to do. 

20 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I hope you see it before then. Kids just a soph he still has growing to do. 

yes, exactly!!!! some of ya'll already want to call him (insert your most famous black zone read qb). this kid has not seen ANY defenses.....YET. PAM, central, and nederland will test him. as much as i HATE nederland, records don't matter in a rivalry game.

2 minutes ago, pakronos said:

yes, exactly!!!! some of ya'll already want to call him (insert your most famous black zone read qb). this kid has not seen ANY defenses.....YET. PAM, central, and nederland will test him. as much as i HATE nederland, records don't matter in a rivalry game.

I think our defense did fairly well against ozen's Boyd/Tyler attack last year, so it won't be no cakewalk against us either... If that qb torches defenses like central and PAM, then I'll be a believer

This is so hard for me to predict.  Our defense will hold them for as long as they can. We have a pretty good defense. The 33 tomball put up was on a trick play. 2 busted coverages and our offense putting the defense on the field in horrible position all night long.  If that same thing happens it could be a 50+ point whooping. 

Now if we can get any production from the offense it will be a little closer then some want to see with maybe a little Nederland type feel to it.  Now I just don't know at this point what the offense will do.  

2 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I think our defense did fairly well against ozen's Boyd/Tyler attack last year, so it won't be no cakewalk against us either... If that qb torches defenses like central and PAM, then I'll be a believer

Good point, I keep forgetting that happened. 

If GCM goes out there and sees black&gold in their eyes instead of purple it could be a different ballgame. :)

8 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Could not agree more

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

I cannot wait for those games. Big tests on a big stage. 

11 hours ago, pakronos said:

lol the last one we had was a total flop, a complete wuss scared to get hit, he should have went back to yall. This sophomore has everything he needs to flourish, and he has some very very sneaky speed. He makes his mind up to run and he goes, we haven't had a problem moving the chains yet, ready for tomorrow night see what goes down in Baytown, don't think it will be PNG on the losing end! Not to mention this kid has 12000 strong standing on their feet every time he touches the ball!

12 hours ago, pakronos said:

Well, we have not ran a zone read with him yet. I will say this, he is a sophomore, and he will have growing pains. Once he sees a few different defenses he will adjust to whatever he is given. I think for a sophomore, he had a good performance week 1. I do think the test will get harder once he is game planned for. PAM will neutralize his speed, Nederland will make him one dimensional, and Central will try to do both. But its all part of the process. As long as he stays healthy, I think the experience will turn him into a stud as a junior and senior. The rah rahs see games from week to week. I know as a sophomore, he will have moments of greatness, and moments of struggle.. But we also all know, you have to be a special talent to start as a sophomore and be effective. I look for great things out of RJ through the next few years. But remember, its a process...........

I think he Is well ahead of the game as for being a sophomore, you are right though each week brings a new challenge. I remember when Dustin Long came out as a sophomore, I was scratching my head trying for the life of me to figure out why we weren't starting a senior, well I found out real quick, he was the real deal, had his hickups along the way, but we had a very very salty defense to help him out, special teams was better than our usual norm, and to say the least he was as advertised, don't think I will have any disagreements there. Hell he might shine against PAM,NED, and Central you cant ever tell.

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Well, we have not ran a zone read with him yet. I will say this, he is a sophomore, and he will have growing pains. Once he sees a few different defenses he will adjust to whatever he is given. I think for a sophomore, he had a good performance week 1. I do think the test will get harder once he is game planned for. PAM will neutralize his speed, Nederland will make him one dimensional, and Central will try to do both. But its all part of the process. As long as he stays healthy, I think the experience will turn him into a stud as a junior and senior. The rah rahs see games from week to week. I know as a sophomore, he will have moments of greatness, and moments of struggle.. But we also all know, you have to be a special talent to start as a sophomore and be effective. I look for great things out of RJ through the next few years. But remember, its a process...........

he actually did a zone read for PNG first score.

Shuttle for GCM/ Port Neches-Groves Game (Thurs.) & REL/RSS Game (Fri.)

Due to ongoing construction of the Transportation Center, parking will be limited. A shuttle will be provided for the GCM/Port Neches game Thursday as well as the REL/RSS game Friday. The shuttle will run from Second Baptist Church, 6227 N. Main, starting at 5:30 p.m. and returning after the games. You are encouraged to take the shuttle or carpool due to the large crowds expected.

6 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

Shuttle for GCM/ Port Neches-Groves Game (Thurs.) & REL/RSS Game (Fri.)

Due to ongoing construction of the Transportation Center, parking will be limited. A shuttle will be provided for the GCM/Port Neches game Thursday as well as the REL/RSS game Friday. The shuttle will run from Second Baptist Church, 6227 N. Main, starting at 5:30 p.m. and returning after the games. You are encouraged to take the shuttle or carpool due to the large crowds expected.

that stinks...is there any parking in the parking lot available?