PNG vs GCM

Indianforever

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I just listened to Johnson's interview on kbmt, he sounds like a SR Veteran already. 

yeah hes friends with my daughter,i have talked with him in person,he is a fine young man,and is very respectable,you can tell hes smart too,hes going to be fun to watch for years to come.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Guess that adds to the atmosphere. 

Question is this... Does 13 sets of Helmets, 28 Helmet emblems,16 different Jerseys, and 5 different pants, qualify you to beat Nederland? I know the atmosphere where I sit is never fun during that game!!!!! Im a homer I guess.. Grew up with Always be faithful, to purple and white... I did not get the memo when Mrs. James changed it to Purple, Grey, and white...... But I do know my head POPS during MCM for the last 6 years!!!!

3 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Question is this... Does 13 sets of Helmets, 28 Helmet emblems,16 different Jerseys, and 5 different pants, qualify you to beat Nederland? I know the atmosphere where I sit is never fun during that game!!!!! Im a homer I guess.. Grew up with Always be faithful, to purple and white... I did not get the memo when Mrs. James changed it to Purple, Grey, and white...... But I do know my head POPS during MCM for the last 6 years!!!!

It really has not been that fun.

12 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

So I'm assuming you're not a FASHIONISTA???

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

PNG has one set of decals, used on both helmets. They have two jerseys and two sets of pants just like every other school in the area. PNG and Central are the only schools with two sets of helmets in SETX, but it's becoming more and more common across the state. As it's been stated before there is plenty of gray in PNG's history. Pants in the 50's. Trim on jerseys multiple years. Even the letter jackets were gray all the way until the 60's. Some still wore gray letter jackets in the 70's. The striping pattern on PNG's white paints also includes black. Our baseball uniforms in the 90's were purple, black and gray. The basketball team was the same. The main thing is the kids like the look. That's all that matters. Lamar's colors are red and white, but you'll see plenty of black on their uniforms as well. Teams add a third color all the time. 

40 minutes ago, ShlyKBMT said:

PNG has one set of decals, used on both helmets. They have two jerseys and two sets of pants just like every other school in the area. PNG and Central are the only schools with two sets of helmets in SETX, but it's becoming more and more common across the state. As it's been stated before there is plenty of gray in PNG's history. Pants in the 50's. Trim on jerseys multiple years. Even the letter jackets were gray all the way until the 60's. Some still wore gray letter jackets in the 70's. The striping pattern on PNG's white paints also includes black. Our baseball uniforms in the 90's were purple, black and gray. The basketball team was the same. The main thing is the kids like the look. That's all that matters. Lamar's colors are red and white, but you'll see plenty of black on their uniforms as well. Teams add a third color all the time. 

Was not looking for a history lesson. I am well aware of the colors and when they where used. I was also being facetious...... I am more than aware the kids like the look.. I like to beat Nederland.... You missed the point of my smartarse post... But hey, your the professional.............. 

20 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Was not looking for a history lesson. I am well aware of the colors and when they where used. I was also being facetious...... I am more than aware the kids like the look.. I like to beat Nederland.... You missed the point of my smartarse post... But hey, your the professional.............. 

10 years before the BF era...that would be the MB era...1998-2008...there wasn't a whole lot of beating Nederland going on. 3-7

It has nothing to do with what uniform the kids are in.

3 minutes ago, NDNation said:

10 years before the BF era...that would be the MB era...1998-2008...there wasn't a whole lot of beating Nederland going on. 3-7

It has nothing to do with what uniform the kids are in.

Thanks for the info!!!!!! Looks like the new uniforms and helmets have made all the difference in the world!!!!

1 minute ago, Stattrax said:

Thanks for the info!!!!!! Looks like the new uniforms and helmets have made all the difference in the world!!!!

Oh I know you already know all the history, you've lived it right? This is the here and now, and the kids living in the present are off to a good start. Lets not have them 7 in a row and the game has yet to be played. They don't give a flip that I like the emblem on the grey helmet better than on the white and they don't care if you think grey isn't part of the history of PNG. Cause guess what?? It is now!