Manvel 35 Crosby 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

For starters Congrats to the MANvel Mavericks you look the part and you certainly play it good luck the rest of the year hope ya'll stay healthy. I know there aren't any moral victories but this one comes pretty close.  1st quarter was a wash, 2nd quarter got pretty ugly but couldn't be any prouder of the way they came out after the half no quit in those Coogs this year.  Honestly going in didn't think we had much of a chance but these Coogs got a little fight in em.  

10 hours ago, GCMrbDAD said:

Why our coaches from this area scared to use the best athletes both ways in these games that's the only we would have a chance. Once you get deep in the playoffs you need your best players on the field and like you said we don't have enough talent.

Crosby plays both ways in this game and we lose by 30+. We're not 3a anymore. 

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

In the original predictions threat I picked Manvel 56-28 winners...  3 TD loss for Mecca of Football as we know it.  I wasn't that far off....

Huh, we lost 35-21? Manvel scores 21 less than you predicted and Crosby scores 7 less but you weren't that far off? If we're healthy I feel extremely confident Crosby could beat Manvel if we lined it up again 11 weeks from now. 

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Huh, we lost 35-21? Manvel scores 21 less than you predicted and Crosby scores 7 less but you weren't that far off? If we're healthy I feel extremely confident Crosby could beat Manvel if we lined it up again 11 weeks from now. 

The margin of victory wasn't that far off.  Stay with me...  I predicted a 4 TD loss.  They beat y'all by 2.

The snap over the head on the punt for the Manvel TD, missed fumble recovery on about the Manvel 10, and the Preston big play bubble screen were the differences in the game.  Coogs showed a lot of grit and toughness in the 2nd half.  They sure won't face another defense like that in district and they have a blueprint now for the playoffs.  With Manvel I think their weakness is their O line, other than that, they have some freaks.  I honestly thought it was going to get out of hand, but they showed me something last night. Side note, I was just thinking to myself if #19 could play safety and move #1 back to corner and keep #4 at the other corner. 

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

But don't worry, with Dayton losing to a not so good Channelview team that just lost 95% of their offense to Alabama Tide, you probably won't be alone in the mediocrity departement...

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

35-14 at halftime, it's obvious that Manvel called the dogs off and it could've gotten out of hand like I predicted....

Obviously, you weren't at the game.  Manvel had their first string in until the very end.  Even with 3:00 left in the game they were still trying to get it to their big receiver and score.  They even went for it on 4th down and got rejected.  What's obvious is you don't know what you're talking about. 

5 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Obviously, you weren't at the game.  Manvel had their first string in until the very end.  Even with 3:00 left in the game they were still trying to get it to their big receiver and score.  They even went for it on 4th down and got rejected.  What's obvious is you don't know what you're talking about. 

Starting Defense was in until the end, that Manchild at WR prolly got 5-6 passes his way in the second half and don't forget about the jet sweep( I think one them was with about 7:00 minutes left), but yeah I did see the back up QB with 32 secs come in and run A play.  

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But don't worry, with Dayton losing to a not so good Channelview team that just lost 95% of their offense to Alabama Tide, you probably won't be alone in the mediocrity departement...

Whew.  You must be watching some real high caliber football somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Hey, don't get mad at me, get mad at the result.  The dogs were called off to leave you with somewhat of  a manageable week....

You weren't there, so you don't know if the dogs got called off.  I stated the facts.  Now obviously, you can't do math or read.  

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

35-14 at halftime, it's obvious that Manvel called the dogs off and it could've gotten out of hand like I predicted....

Manvel didn't call off anything. They played their starters until the very last play. They had every intention of putting us away and really couldn't. We snapped a wet ball over the punter's head and Manvel picked it up and ran it in. Another time the punt was blocked on the mishandling of a bad snap and Manvel got at about Crosby's 15 and ended up banging it in with Preston. Those two tds were the difference in the entire game. 

Make no mistake, Crosby only scored 7 but Manvel got shut out in the second half. Only calling off the dogs they did was kneeling with :30 left. Manvel did handle us on both lines of scrimmage but the only real difference in the game was Crosby's poor special teams play. I don't think anybody else on the schedule stays within double digits of Crosby. 

4 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Starting Defense was in until the end, that Manchild at WR prolly got 5-6 passes his way in the second half and don't forget about the jet sweep( I think one them was with about 7:00 minutes left), but yeah I did see the back up QB with 32 secs come in and run A play.  

Right!  One play !  Maybe Soulja can do that math.

6 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Whew.  You must be watching some real high caliber football somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...so you're saying that Chanelview is good?  Ok.  Now I question your football knowledge...  Lol

You must be watching some real high caliber football somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Manvel didn't call off anything. They played their starters until the very last play. They had every intention of putting us away and really couldn't. We snapped a wet ball over the punter's head and Manvel picked it up and ran it in. Another time the punt was blocked on the mishandling of a bad snap and Manvel got at about Crosby's 15 and ended up banging it in with Preston. Those two tds were the difference in the entire game. 

Make no mistake, Crosby only scored 7 but Manvel got shut out in the second half. Only calling off the dogs they did was kneeling with :30 left. Manvel did handle us on both lines of scrimmage but the only real difference in the game was Crosby's poor special teams play. I don't think anybody else on the schedule stays within double digits of Crosby. 

Understood but I think New Candy, Dayton (big rivalry game), and the Ant Mound will push y'all and have the capabilities to year y'all by double digits in any given night....

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I have to disagree with a statement of yours.  Was it a kneel down or did he actually run the ball on the last play?