BIAS ALERT: Media that ripped Bush on Katrina ignores Obama on La. flooding

LumRaiderFan

21 minutes ago, new tobie said:

why do these people that don't want government involement want to see the president. Like the fema trailers in bridge city after ike and ALL the folks calling for their $1200 after rita.

Just like the folks in NO that were taking their $1200, and getting tattoos and drugs.  Dumbarses.  Some ppl have no clue about priorities.

56 minutes ago, new tobie said:

why do these people that don't want government involement want to see the president. Like the fema trailers in bridge city after ike and ALL the folks calling for their $1200 after rita.

Because this is the number one job of the government........to protect it's people from enemies, foreign and domestic (you know, commander-in-chief and all that good stuff), and to come to their aid in times of crisis. Then get the heck out of everything else. See how simple that is? Oh yeah, got my $1200. I've paid in plenty!

48 minutes ago, new tobie said:

This is the hidden content, please

Republicans better start distancing themselves from folks like this if they want to win elections.

So this "poll" finds Fox and Rush less trustworthy than msnbc and cnn.....lol.  :)

Rush and Hannity are commentators, by the way...the are not hard news.

14 minutes ago, baddog said:

Because this is the number one job of the government........to protect it's people from enemies, foreign and domestic, and to come to their aid in times of crisis. Then get the heck out of everything else. See how simple that is? Oh yeah, got my $1200. Ive paid in plenty!

Exactly right...I've paid for plenty of FEMA trailers.

The only way the fed gov can "give" anything is to take it from someone first.

Tobie- If you are troubled by Rush and Hannity, are you troubled about the FACT that NBC doctored the Trayvon Martin tape in order to mold public sentiment?  Were you troubled when NBC's Brian Williams lied about traveling on a helicopter that had been hit by enemy fire?  Were you troubled when Hillary Clinton claimed she faced sniper fire when she was in Bosnia?  Do you believe she is being truthful about Benghazi, emailgate, and the Clinton Foundation?  Just want to clarify because the only lies that seem to concern you are the ones that relate to Sean Hannity.  Would also like to know if you think saying "if you like your healthcare plan/doctor, you can keep them", "I will build a 21st Century Veterans administration", " ISIS is the jv", " ISIS is contained", " there is not a smidgeon of corruption within the IRS"

Im totally troubled by the Trayvon martin case. An unarmed teenager no matter what his past is shouldn't have been killed for walking though a neiborhood. No way would i have allowed Zimmerman to even get to his gun. most people that i find tell many lie don't have a show that come on national tv everday and sways the mind of people that can be swayed very easily. I don't listen to talk show people and politicians. I form my own opinions Mr Nash.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Exactly right...I've paid for plenty of FEMA trailers.

The only way the fed gov can "give" anything is to take it from someone first.

you will always pay the government and the government will always give to people in need. And some will always abuse the need. Companies and the rich folk that buy of politicians take far more than the poor.

This is the hidden content, please

26 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Im totally troubled by the Trayvon martin case. An unarmed teenager no matter what his past is shouldn't have been killed for walking though a neiborhood. No way would i have allowed Zimmerman to even get to his gun. most people that i find tell many lie don't have a show that come on national tv everday and sways the mind of people that can be swayed very easily. I don't listen to talk show people and politicians. I form my own opinions Mr Nash.

So how can you form your own opinion on Hannity and Rush if you don't listem to them?

28 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Hannity's opinions are based on fact. It is still opinion......just like yours. You aren't trying to sway us to your way of thinking? Lol. It's a human thing, not just Hannity. 

Tobie- since you form your own opinions, give me your opinions on these- "I will have the most transparent administration in history"    " I did not send or forward classified emails through my personal server"  " the Benghazi attack was caused by a video"  " the only reason the President is not in New Orleans is because the Louisiana Governor asked him to stay away"  Additionally, since you don't listen to talk show people or politicians, where do you get your information in order to form your "own opinion"?

54 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So how can you form your own opinion on Hannity and Rush if you don't listem to them?

because of people on the job saying did you see hannity last night...........if liberal folks would bring up what sharpton are maddow said, I would have a problem with that also. I have a problem with far right and far left groups and talk show people. I dislike sharpton and jessie and the far left talk show folks also. i speak about hannity and rush because people seem to take up for them on this board. Of course this is a conservative far right board, accept for a few thats will go against the grain sometimes like Bullets and  png/bamatex.

19 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Tobie- since you form your own opinions, give me your opinions on these- "I will have the most transparent administration in history"    " I did not send or forward classified emails through my personal server"  " the Benghazi attack was caused by a video"  " the only reason the President is not in New Orleans is because the Louisiana Governor asked him to stay away"  Additionally, since you don't listen to talk show people or politicians, where do you get your information in order to form your "own opinion"?

the internet. then i decide for myself. Did Bush and Bill Clinton do everthing that they promised when running for office. Whatever Obama promised to do in 2008, the american people either liked it enough to elect him again in 2012 or the republicans just can't put a decent candidate up to run for office. A decent republican candidate should be a total lock this year with hillary's baggage, but its not so. free stuff shoudn't matter because folks like me don't need free stuff. I won't vote for Hillary because i don't trust her and I won't vote for trump because i don't trust him. don't believe in that lesser of two evils thing. In december of 2016 Trump and Hillary will still be rich. And i think that trump would handle a loss better than Hillary. Also when this thing started and the republicans had 17 candidates you guys were talking cruz control, no one took trump that serious

5 minutes ago, new tobie said:

the internet. then i decide for myself. Did Bush and Bill Clinton do everthing that they promised when running for office. Whatever Obama promised to do in 2008, the american people either liked it enough to elect him again in 2012 or the republicans just can't put a decent candidate up to run for office. A decent republican candidate should be a total lock this year with hillary's baggage, but its not so. free stuff shoudn't matter because folks like me don't need free stuff. I won't vote for Hillary because i don't trust her and I won't vote for trump because i don't trust him. don't believe in that lesser of two evils thing. In december of 2016 Trump and Hillary will still be rich. And i think that trump would handle a loss better than Hillary.

Congrats on the internet- everybody knows how accurate and reliable it is-  regarding free stuff- do you understand that when Lyndon Johnson declared his famous
"War on Poverty" that the poverty rate was around 14%?  Guess where it is today?   I wont tell you because you cant believe me, but you will accept something on the internet.  Free stuff is "the war on poverty"   Let me know if you are satisfied with the results from Lyndon Johnson till now

16 minutes ago, new tobie said:

because of people on the job saying did you see hannity last night...........if liberal folks would bring up what sharpton are maddow said, I would have a problem with that also. I have a problem with far right and far left groups and talk show people. I dislike sharpton and jessie and the far left talk show folks also. i speak about hannity and rush because people seem to take up for them on this board. Of course this is a conservative far right board, accept for a few thats will go against the grain sometimes like Bullets and  png/bamatex.

I am no fan of Hannity...he's simply a waterboy for the Republicans.

Rush is critical of Republicans all the time because he's a conservative, which many Republicans are not.

So you form your opinion after you hear what someone said about them...seems like you are basing your opinion on theirs.

4 hours ago, new tobie said:

In the bush situation the problem was not him going to new orleans, it was him advising his people to do something. the people needed aid, not to see the president

new tobie, I'll try and explain this from the rights perspective.  You may not agree, but I think you'll see why so many on the right are tired of media bias (which is what this thread is about).  In the Katrina/NO disaster, you had two elected Govt people, both Democrats, who could have prevented the high death toll, Mayor Nagin, and Gov Blanco.  Keep in mind that the hurricane was predicted to hit NO.  Both were aware of potential levee problems.  They did very, very, little.  Even after it hit, Gov Blanco was slow to react.  All this death and destruction, and who got the majority of the blame in the media?  Bush.  This disaster, which, since it covers such a broad area, will affect a comparable number of people, has only one primary Govt official, Gov Edwards (Dem).  Although he has seemed to respond well (he gets 4 Pinocchio's for defending Obama & Hillary's no show) has to be overwhelmed.  What would Hillary & Obama being there do?  I'll quote to you what Gov Edwards said after Trump and Pence where there, "it helped to shine a spotlight on Louisiana and on the dire situation that we have here...  It was helpful.  Now how much more helpful would the appearance of the President, and Hillary have been to increase awareness across the country of the "dire situation"?  Has the media pointed this out?  If an old, slightly educated person like myself knows this, the media knows it.   But will any blame the President, or chastised Hillary?  Simple answer, NO.