BIAS ALERT: Media that ripped Bush on Katrina ignores Obama on La. flooding

LumRaiderFan

15 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I guess you are thus commending Bush for saving resources during Katrina?

And Nagin for saving all those buses he could have used to get those folks out of New Orleans.  Oh, wait.  He didn't save the buses, most of them were probably ruined also.  

I talked to a black lady several days ago that had a close, older, female relative that lived in the flooded area.  None of her family has heard from her, and evidently there's not Enough Resources to go check on the poor lady.   But they don't need no stinking Govt help.

3 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Obama is about as sorry as they come.  At least Bush was in the area, not thousands of miles away. Guess he forgot what he said in 2005.  Maybe someone should show him this video to jog his memory.

maybe he should have went and took pictures unloading 5 minutes worth of boxes from a truck. Obama hasn't come yet and bush didn't do a dam thing when katrina started. In bushes case the folks that were put in place to take care of things didn't do their jobs and the mayor was inept

3 minutes ago, new tobie said:

maybe he should have went and took pictures unloading 5 minutes worth of boxes from a truck. Obama hasn't come yet and bush didn't do a dam thing when katrina started. In bushes case the folks that were put in place to take care of things didn't do their jobs and the mayor was inept

What can be done at the beginning of a hurricane? That is on the mayor and governor. Not going to say this again.

10 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Obama is about as sorry as they come.  At least Bush was in the area, not thousands of miles away. Guess he forgot what he said in 2005.  Maybe someone should show him this video to jog his memory.

Bush had been on vacation in crawford for 27 days when katrina hit and didn't acknowledge what was going on 

This is the hidden content, please

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

What can be done at the beginning of a hurricane? That is on the mayor and governor. Not going to say this again.

the hurricane had passed look at the videos on youtube. how long do you think the hurricane stayed over new orleans. the levees were the bigger problem after the hurricane

7 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Like you said, Nagin was pathetic.  They knew for days this was coming, do a little planning.  As a mayor, that is your job.  To blame Bush for the loss of lives, ridiculous.  

3 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Like you said, Nagin was pathetic.  They knew for days this was coming, do a little planning.  As a mayor, that is your job.  To blame Bush for the loss of lives, ridiculous.  

I personally wouldn't blame nobody if my house was flooded are destroyed by mother nature. And the president coming to visit wouldn't make me feel better.My biggest problem would come when the insurance company that's been collecting money from me for 30 years try's not to pay enough out. 

7 minutes ago, new tobie said:

the hurricane had passed look at the videos on youtube. how long do you think the hurricane stayed over new orleans. the levees were the bigger problem after the hurricane

You said Bush hadn't done a thing when Katrina started. You said that. What can Bush do prior?

When oh when can Obama stand on his own. Everything is by comparison. 

1 minute ago, baddog said:

You said Bush hadn't done a thing when Katrina started. You said that. What can Bush do prior?

When oh when can Obama stand on his own. Everything is by comparison. 

Both situations were wrong dude. both were on vacation. for me the president doing a photo op doesn't make me feel any better in this situation. Nobody gets credit for the evacuations in rita and ike, but nobody gets the blame either. many people talk about free stuff, but during rita many people that make plenty of money applied for the fema money.

12 minutes ago, new tobie said:

I personally wouldn't blame nobody if my house was flooded are destroyed by mother nature. And the president coming to visit wouldn't make me feel better.My biggest problem would come when the insurance company that's been collecting money from me for 30 years try's not to pay enough out. 

Yep

47 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Both situations were wrong dude. both were on vacation. for me the president doing a photo op doesn't make me feel any better in this situation. Nobody gets credit for the evacuations in rita and ike, but nobody gets the blame either. many people talk about free stuff, but during rita many people that make plenty of money applied for the fema money.

Rita response and evacuation has everything to do with competent leaders in the Great State of Texas. I really shouldn't have to be explaining things like this to you. Fema money was meant to hold you over till people went back to work and normalcy was attained.

I went by my insurance company and they cut me a $1000 check. Said that was just the beginning. Came by my house and surveyed the damage, told me how much they had already figured and said if I found anything else, it was still open. My work was torn up but not totaled. Went by there to see how bad things were and was met by a supervisor who handed me $500 cash to hold me over. Texas.....what a great state.

Take a guess who the president was. It only happend a couple weeks after Katrina. Hello!!!

Obama just showing up won't help?   I disagree.  His appearance would bring more national press, which in turn would encourage the rest of America to contribute money and goods to help.  Even probably bring some groups to physically help folks.   And lastly, he should come because it's the right thing to do.