Michael or Michael?

On 8/16/2016 at 4:12 PM, winwin said:

An old friend once told me if it wasn't played with a ball or a puck it's not a sport. And no, NASCAR isn't a sport either.

So can we assume that only athletes participate in sports?  According to your old friend... track is not a sport.  Does that also mean Usain Bolt is not an athlete?  Well...he doesn't participate in a sport.  According to your old friend.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

So can we assume that only athletes participate in sports?  According to your old friend... track is not a sport.  Does that also mean Usain Bolt is not an athlete?  Well...he doesn't participate in a sport.  According to your old friend.

then this must be a sport:  

This is the hidden content, please

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

You mean Muhammad Ali was not an athlete?

I never said people that don't play sports arent athletes. Absolutely he is an athlete and so are swimmers, track stars, etc. But I think track is more of a competition than a sport. Just how I see it and everyone will have a different opinion on this. However NASCAR drivers are neither athletes nor is it a sport. Just because they have endurance does not make them an athlete. Driving in a circle doesn't take much except a set of nads. 

• 2 weeks later...