LSG Preseason Polls

Cougar14.2

50 minutes ago, pakronos said:

any list that has teams from the valley lose a crap load of credit lol...well i guess somebody go. Manvel is the only real legit team that could possibly go the distance from this area as in houston to the LA state line. (region 3)

If Crosby does get to go D2 they could have a path to the semis that consisted of PNG, Texas City, Brenham and College Station. It's by no means easy, but I would call that "the stars aligning" for us. No disrespect to Calallen but Crosby would by far have the easiest route to the title game of all the predictions LSG made. Same for the route DC's had us going to the semis.

As far as Manvel being the only legit team from Houston with a chance, they might not even be the best team on 288 next year with Angleton right down the street. They have both Region IV teams from the SW side predicted to make the regional final with the winner getting Cedar Park. Manvel would have to get through four teams out of combination of FB Elkins, Ennis, Temple, Waxahachie AND Cedar Park just to even win the region in D1, then face Angleton or Foster in the semis. With all the high enrollment schools in Fort Bend moving up into their proper classification mixed with the Central Texas realignment, D2 has been left wide open in region 3.   

14 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

They say Calallen may have its best team ever under their coach thats saying a ton. 

Better than those mid-90s teams?  I'll have to see it to believe it, those teams were great, just unfortunately ran into the SWOOSH. (LM) 

15 hours ago, prepballfan said:

They say Calallen may have its best team ever under their coach thats saying a ton. 

Who knows, this might be Crosby's best team under Riordan too. I highly doubt they're better than the teams he had in the '90s with his son running for 3000+ though, or the two or three years after his son left. Hopefully we do get to play them, at least it'll mean we won the region again.

15 hours ago, bronco pride said:

To bad the SWOOSH ran into those 90's Stephenville teams. Think the best LM team I saw was 2003.

Man, I actually thought we had a chance that year. We were coming off a bi-district win where Haynes threw for 535 yards and Beck had 20 catches for 320 yards, which I believe were both Texas playoff records at the time. Kellen came in sitting a little shy of 4,000 on the season and Beck was already sitting on 2,000 receiving yards for the season, we then proceeded to lose by 55 . . . .  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, I actually thought we had a chance that year. We were coming off a bi-district win where Haynes threw for 535 yards and Beck had 20 catches for 320 yards, which I believe were both Texas playoff records at the time. Kellen came in sitting a little shy of 4,000 on the season and Beck was already sitting on 2,000 receiving yards for the season, we then proceeded to lose by 55 . . . .  

Yeah my friends son played on that Crosby team so I was sitting with him. It got ugly pretty quick. It was funny because Crosby scored pretty quickly and did the we are Crosby SWOOSH. That LM team was absolutely loaded. I forget how many D1 players were on that team but it was crazy. I believe it was Russell Ball that went off in that game. I couldn't believe that Denton Ryan was able to take them to I believe triple overtime.

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Funny how WOS-LM-CalAllen-Stephenville-Denison are all intertwined. 

Exactly! Funny part is we finally beat LM in 2000, then win a nail biter against Calallen in the Semi's that year only to lose to Ennis in the SC game. We need to play them one more time. LM still has us 3-2 all time.

12 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

The most painful game for WOS that I saw  was the 05 Wimberley game. I went to that game expecting WOS to cruise. WOS was about as loaded as you could get and Wimberley just lite into them. 

Hey! Hey! Hey! Slack up on the salt in the wound there! LOL!

52 freaking points, the most ever given up by a WO-S team.

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Who knows, this might be Crosby's best team under Riordan too. I highly doubt they're better than the teams he had in the '90s with his son running for 3000+ though, or the two or three years after his son left. Hopefully we do get to play them, at least it'll mean we won the region again.

I was listening to one of the many internet broadcasts the other day and the guys were saying this could be Danaher's best team yet. Thats saying a mouthful from one of the winningest coaches out there

Stephenville was LaMarque's nemesis, LaMarque was Calallen, Denison and WOS' nemesis in the '90's.  Would be interesting to have a predistrict matchup of some arrangement of the five but will never happen because of the enrollment spread now.  Gilmer remains the only program to beat WOS twice without a loss.  C.E. King is right behind with 3 wins and 1 loss to the Mustangs.

My wish list of teams for WOS to play includes Stephenville, Brownwood and Sweetwater.  Unfortunately Sweetwater is the only one that has a chance to face us this year but an all Mustang Bowl would be awesome.

On 7/27/2016 at 1:57 PM, kicker said:

Exactly! Funny part is we finally beat LM in 2000, then win a nail biter against Calallen in the Semi's that year only to lose to Ennis in the SC game. We need to play them one more time. LM still has us 3-2 all time.

Yeah, but you could almost count the beat down we gave them in 14 as two :). 35-0 shutting them out and they never crossed the 50. It was definitely the worst beating in the series. NOBODY beats LM like that!

i know WO-S won't care, but the most PAINFUL loss i witnessed was when P.A. Lincoln beat wo-s. Now for those of you that don't know, this game was for the last PLAYOFF SPOT. WOS was 8-1 Lincoln was like 5-4 or 7-2...anyway the game was won on TWO fumbles by wos. after the game, wos players were seen visibly crying and the look on their face was shock. Lincoln had made it to the second round and got be by hallsville 21-14. WO-S was at home with an 8-2 record and that was crazy in itself.

1 minute ago, pakronos said:

i know WO-S won't care, but the most PAINFUL loss i witnessed was when P.A. Lincoln beat wo-s. Now for those of you that don't know, this game was for the last PLAYOFF SPOT. WOS was 8-1 Lincoln was like 5-4 or 7-2...anyway the game was won on TWO fumbles by wos. after the game, wos players were seen visibly crying and the look on their face was shock. Lincoln had made it to the second round and got be by hallsville 21-14. WO-S was at home with an 8-2 record and that was crazy in itself.

7-3 was WOS record, and I still cant believe Warnell muffed that punt, I dont think he knew how fast Ricky was to get down there, that was a crazy sequence of events, crowd screaming go for it on one end then the muff, then the go ahead score. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

7-3 was WOS record, and I still cant believe Warnell muffed that punt, I dont think he knew how fast Ricky was to get down there, that was a crazy sequence of events, crowd screaming go for it on one end then the muff, then the go ahead score. 

well wos was 7-2 before the game. it was the last game. might want to check that. i'm sure the final standing saw them 8-2 with i think pn-g beating them or they lost a preseason game.

not muff it once, but fumbled it on the following kickoff lol...i remember the home side singing i'm so glad lol...that night, people on lincoln side had tears of joy and enemies became friends lol...wow got goose bumps thinking about it lol.