Internet Broadcasts???

The only thing firm is that we will have Silsbee and Newton football.  I believe we will have Kirbyville football broadcasts as well. 

As far as other shows, those are up in the air as some schedules have tightened up which might make the opportunities to do other broadcasts a little less likely.  But then again, the summer is young.

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that Kirbyville Wildcat football will be back on the internet once again this season. Still working out the particulars and looking for a replacement for our color guy. Looking forward to another great season broadcasting for the Wildcats and hoping that they make a very deep run in this years playoffs.

2 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I didn't know this either.  I guess it gets down to money as to why they won't allow it for football but have for bball like was being down at hj??

That is why you see a bevy of Thursday and Saturday night Texas HS football games.  But on Friday, the UIL doesn't want you in front of the couch but rather at the stadium, because this year they get 16% of the game (up from 15% last year).

Here is the text of the rule (UIL Constitution, Section 868):

"(c) LIVE FOOTBALL TELECAST LIMITED. UIL member schools shall not permit the live telecast of a regular season football game on a    Friday night. Live telecasts and other types of live broadcasts of UIL football post-regular season games shall be permitted if provided for in a UIL broadcast rights contract."

As of now, I know of these broadcasts in the area:

SETXsports:

Silsbee Tiger football (also can be heard on KIKR 1440/1510 am)

Kirbyville Wildcat football (selected games also heard on KTXJ 102.7 FM)

Newton Eagle Football (selected games also heard on KTXJ 102.7 FM)

SETXsports Partners:

Little Cypress-Mauriceville, Bridge City, West Orange-Stark or Orangefield football on AM 1600 KOGT

Livingston Lions football on KETX 92.3 FM

Coldspring-Trojans Football on KETX 1440 AM

Others:

Nederland Bulldogs football  on AM 560 KLVI

Port Neches-Groves football on 92.5 FM (?)