two types of thinking

stevenash

Immature:  I deserve!  I'm Entitled! Pay my bills! Take care of me! Do not offend me!  It's really all about me!

Mature:  I must earn   It's about others  Challenge my views  I will buy my own stuff    Nobody owes me anything.   I'm responsible for my success

Seems to me like this country is in dire need of a bit more of the latter, and substantially less of the former

43 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Immature:  I deserve!  I'm Entitled! Pay my bills! Take care of me! Do not offend me!  It's really all about me!

Mature:  I must earn   It's about others  Challenge my views  I will buy my own stuff    Nobody owes me anything.   I'm responsible for my success

Seems to me like this country is in dire need of a bit more of the latter, and substantially less of the former

Don't be too hard on the former group.  Many have been bought and paid for.  Oh, do you realize that slaves were bought and paid for?   Someday, when it's to late, they'll realize it.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Sounds good, but too hard...I'll take the former...why not?

Only thing that keeps someone from taking the former path is pride and/or integrity.

17 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Sounds good, but too hard...I'll take the former...why not?

Only thing that keeps someone from taking the former path is pride and/or integrity.

Lol, shame on you LRF.  I know you're aware that in the Democratic Handbook's glossary of words, pride and integrity do not exist. :) 

On 7/4/2016 at 9:48 PM, REBgp said:

Don't be too hard on the former group.  Many have been bought and paid for.  Oh, do you realize that slaves were bought and paid for?   Someday, when it's to late, they'll realize it.

Trump would have built a wall to keep slaves in

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

Trump would have built a wall to keep slaves in

You've brought up a good point.  The democrats may do that in the future, to keep the slaves in.  Many may think I'm joking, but I'm pretty much one to.  I've taken care of myself pretty much since I went in the service.  Didn't rely on the Govt.. Now I'm on S. Security (money I put in, but Govt controls it) and Medicare.  If they make demands, I'll have to do it or lose these things.  Personally, I'm VERY uncomfortable with that.