Secrets of The Right Wing Brain :)

BLUEDOVE3

I had to go back and find the article I came across a few weeks ago but I could not find the exact one. But here is a similar article from 2014 Salon News. I thought my Progressive friends would get a better understanding of what we are dealing with on here. 

Conservative fears of nonexistent or overblown boogeymen — Saddam’s WMD, Shariah law, voter fraud, Obama’s radical anti-colonial mind-set, Benghazi, etc. — make it hard not to see conservatism’s prudent risk avoidance as having morphed into a state of near permanent paranoia, especially fueled by recurrent “

This is the hidden content, please
,” a sociological phenomenon in which a group of “social entrepreneurs” whips up hysterical fears over a group of relatively powerless “folk devils” who are supposedly threatening the whole social order. Given that conservatism seems to be part of human nature — just as liberalism is — we’re going to need all the help we can get in figuring out how to live with it, without being dominated, controlled and crippled by it.

Bottom line-1. Doves crowd thinks it knows better about what is good for people than the people themselves

2.  Doves crowd believes that more government intervention and more central planning are the solution to all ills

3.. The electorate is very smart/sophisticated when voting for the U.S. President but it is intellectually deficient when voting on other offices/issues  and the same

applies to other countries

24 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Bottom line-1. Doves crowd thinks it knows better about what is good for people than the people themselves

2.  Doves crowd believes that more government intervention and more central planning are the solution to all ills

3.. The electorate is very smart/sophisticated when voting for the U.S. President but it is intellectually deficient when voting on other offices/issues  and the same

applies to other countries

And this is the same crowd running cities like Detroit and Chicago, right?

Wow, Sadaam's WMDs, Sharia law, Benghazi, voter fraud....all made up or paranoia  people take the freakin cake.

WMDs : If you don't think he had them (250,000 dead Kurds) you're and idiot.

Sharia law : If you don't believe it is responsible for thousands of murders, you are an idiot.

Benghazi : If you don't think that was very mishandled, you are an idiot.

Voter fraud : Geez, we have never heard how Bush won Florida so it must be just the right.

But hey, I'm just paranoid. How convenient an attitude instead of doing something about evil, just hide your head and it will go away.

40 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Wow, look at the title of this article he wrote this year. Obviously he likes to explore OTHER thoughts. Something rare among you people.

Clintonism screwed the Democrats: How Bill, Hillary and the Democratic Leadership Council gutted progressivism

Rare among you people?   And totally absent for your crowd.

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I had to go back and find the article I came across a few weeks ago but I could not find the exact one. But here is a similar article from 2014 Salon News. I thought my Progressive friends would get a better understanding of what we are dealing with on here. 

Conservative fears of nonexistent or overblown boogeymen — Saddam’s WMD, Shariah law, voter fraud, Obama’s radical anti-colonial mind-set, Benghazi, etc. — make it hard not to see conservatism’s prudent risk avoidance as having morphed into a state of near permanent paranoia, especially fueled by recurrent “

,” a sociological phenomenon in which a group of “social entrepreneurs” whips up hysterical fears over a group of relatively powerless “folk devils” who are supposedly threatening the whole social order. Given that conservatism seems to be part of human nature — just as liberalism is — we’re going to need all the help we can get in figuring out how to live with it, without being dominated, controlled and crippled by it.

It amazes me how Progressives try to paint the Right with their broad brush, while at the same time accusing the Right of painting the Left with a broad brush. Hypocritical is not a strong enough word to describe it. I really don't know what is worse, the fact that the writer can publish something so juvenile or the fact that many Liberals believe this garbage.

5 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I'm with you Dove- this is all much ado about nothing.  Paranoia at new heights.  Nothing is wrong here.  If we can take care of changing the redskins name, get the transgender bathroom issue worked out, allow the IRS to keep better tabs on those rich, gun toting, bible clinging right wingers,  get rid of all confederate flags as well as guns, and make the rich take better care of those who, through no fault of their own, are having a tough time making it, Utopia is imminent.  We need less equal opportunity and more equal outcomes!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Englebert said:

It amazes me how Progressives try to paint the Right with their broad brush, while at the same time accusing the Right of painting the Left with a broad brush. Hypocritical is not a strong enough word to describe it. I really don't know what is worse, the fact that the writer can publish something so juvenile or the fact that many Liberals believe this garbage.

Actually there are several studies pertaining to this subject matter

21 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Unbelievable.....you just cant make this stuff up???? You actually believe this garbage???