Bye, Bye, Briles

1 hour ago, CraigS said:

"If you don't have to" that is the problem. If you want the guaranteed money (scholly) then you "have to". If they hold out as a walk-on there may not be any money left in that class budget. 

I suppose some coaches could hold some money back just in case, but I doubt that happens very often. Not to mention, I'd guess more times than not, most of these kids can't afford to walk-on.......play with fire - you will get burnt. 

I'm more app to agree with GCMPats visit, make an informed decision as best you can, sign LOI and go get a free education. If you don't like it, move on, just understand, that life has rules, learn to live by them and with them...it won't get any better as you enter the rest of your life after sports.

That's why I said the higher rated players.  Teams will hold scholarships for those players until signing day.  

58 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

The Pepper Hamilton report was presented to the Board in an ORAL presentation.  That's convient for Baylor that there is no written report and they can release what they choose. 

Privaledge of being a private school

No words.  If Baylor votes to bring him back, the NCAA should give them 2 death penalties - one to kill the program and another to make sure it's dead.   Then they should be booted from the conference and the land it sits on annexed and removed from the State.  Because they are surely an embarrassment to us all.

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

No words.  If Baylor votes to bring him back, the NCAA should give them 2 death penalties - one to kill the program and another to make sure it's dead.   Then they should be booted from the conference and the land it sits on annexed and removed from the State.  Because they are surely an embarrassment to us all.

Here Here!!!

Most things these days do not shock me, but bringing Briles back or even entertaining the thought would very much shock me.