TOLEDO BEND DAM FLOODING

Hagar

Just saw on Ch 6 that I-10 will be closed thru Tuesday at minimum.  

I realize Toledo Bend dam is not for flood control, but you'd think there would be some responsibility to control it.  The bad storms had been predicted 4 to 5 days ahead of time.  Why didn't they start releasing more water earlier so they wouldn't have had to open it up for so long and cause hundreds of millions of dollars of damage and human suffering?

i think we all deserve an explanation.  Also, a plan to address this type situation in the future. 

5 hours ago, baddog said:

Both reservoirs are full, yet Rayburn is hardly raising the Neches.

Rayburn is a flood control reservoir.  Toledo Bend is a hydro-electric reservoir.  Toledo's first concern is the integrity of the hydroelectric equipment and the dam.  I don't think they handled this well at all, but there's a reason they're releasing water while Rayburn is holding it. Toledo also got significantly more rain (18 inches) than Rayburn did, even though they're pretty close to each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2016 at 7:31 PM, baddog said:

I think Obama issued an executive order to hold back releasing the dam water until it was necessary to release it in such a manner as to flood all us white folks (that's how he refers to us).

This post is total sarcasm. How does it feel?

It wouldnt take much for people to believe this. Just like the ones that blamed bush for problems during katrina.

• 2 weeks later...