Silsbee 96 Bridge City 46/Final

WOSgrad

The Silsbee Tigers continue 24-4A tonight as they host the Bridge City Cardinals! The Tigers, 21-5 on the season, ran their district mark to 8-0 on Friday with a 109-48 win over Hamshire-Fannett.  The Cardinals, 14-11 on the season, were also victorious on Friday, defeating Little Cypress-Mauriceville 43-42 to run their district record to 4-3. Silsbee took the first contest between these two, 85-42 back on January 8th.

Join Mike Sanchez from the Tiger Den for all of the action beginning with the pregame at 6:15 leading to the 6:30 pm scheduled tip off by clicking play on the player below.

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Silsbee Tiger athletics on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

Score by quarters

1           2            3             4              tot

Bridge City           11         15           10          12             46

Silsbee                 18         30           24          24             96

FT %

BC              11/19     58%

SIL              11/19    58%

3 Point %

BC               1/12      8%

SIL             15/39    39%

Rebounds

BC                29

SIL               43

Turnovers

BC               32

SIL              20

Fouls

BC               15

SIL              22

Individual scoring

Bridge City

Ryan Mirabella                       13

Grayden Glover                        9 (7/9 FT)

Dane Piper                               9

Hunter Wiegrette                     8

Phillip Jacobs                          3

Brandon Vela                           2

Justyn Romero                        2

Silsbee

Jordyn Adams                        21 (5/9 three's)

Trajan Harris                          19 (6/13 three's)

Rick Maze                              12 (4/8 three's)

Dontre Thomas                      11 (13 rebounds)

Bruce Newton                         7 (7 assists)

Kalon Barnes                          7 (8 rebounds)

Kolten Mackey                        5 (9 rebounds)

Devon McCain                        4 (6 steals)

Adonis Thomas                       4

Jaydon Bass                            4

Luke Tanton                             2

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

I agree! Shooting too many 3pters. Also poor free throw shooting and too many turnovers. 

They passed up several easy baskets in the paint to pass it out for a 3 attempt. Also, had several 3 on 1 and 4 on 1 breaks where they shot a three instead of the easy layup. Maybe they were just working on their 3's :)

42 minutes ago, DXTR said:

They passed up several easy baskets in the paint to pass it out for a 3 attempt. Also, had several 3 on 1 and 4 on 1 breaks where they shot a three instead of the easy layup. Maybe they were just working on their 3's :)

Personally, I didn't care for that tactic. On at least 3 occasions, Dontre had an easy offensive put back on a miss, but instead kicked it out for a 3 point attempt, where the shot was missed and BC rebounded. 6 easy points resulted in 0 points.

I agree, not fond of shooting that many three's but they did hit 39% which is good. Silsbee was 7/15 in 1st half (47%) but 8/24 in 2nd half (33%)

Of course, it's pretty silly of me to be criticle of a 50 point win over the current 3rd place team.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Personally, I didn't care for that tactic. On at least 3 occasions, Dontre had an easy offensive put back on a miss, but instead kicked it out for a point attempt, where the shot was missed and BC rebounded. 6 easy points resulted in 0 points.

I agree, not fond of shooting that many three's but they did hit 39% which is good. Silsbee was 7/15 in 1st half (47%) but 8/24 in 2nd half (33%)

Exactly...always take the easy points. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Personally, I didn't care for that tactic. On at least 3 occasions, Dontre had an easy offensive put back on a miss, but instead kicked it out for a 3 point attempt, where the shot was missed and BC rebounded. 6 easy points resulted in 0 points.

Of course, it's pretty silly of me to be criticle of a 50 point win over the current 3rd place team.

It may be silly but if you should not do things now that can become habits that you don't need to have later.