SETXsports Boys High School Basketball Rankings - Week of January 18, 2016

WOSgrad

This is the hidden content, please

2016 HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL RANKINGS

WEEK OF JANUARY 11, 2016

6A-4A Poll

Rank, Team, Record, Points, Previous, Next Opponent

1.   Silsbee (8), 17-5, 117, 2, Jan. 19 vs. #8 Hardin-Jefferson; Jan. 22 at West Orange-Stark

2.   Beaumont Central (2), 18-5, 112, 3, Jan. 19 at Port Neches-Groves; Jan. 22 vs. Baytown Lee

3.   Beaumont Ozen, 17-3, 101, 1, Jan. 19 at Baytown Lee; Jan. 22 vs. Goose Creek Memorial

4.   Sheldon C.E. King, 12-8, 86, 5, Jan. 19 vs. Porter

5.   Nederland, 17-8, 78, 8, Jan. 19 at Goose Creek Memorial; Jan. 22 vs. Lumberton

6.   Kingwood Park, 16-5, 69, 7, Jan. 22 at Crosby

7.   Humble, 16-7, 56, 9, Jan. 19 vs. Dayton; Jan. 22 at #9 New Caney

8.   Hardin-Jefferson, 20-6, 55, 11, Jan. 19 at #1 Silsbee

9.   New Caney, 17-7, 41, 9, Jan. 19 at Barbers Hill; Jan. 22 vs. #7 Humble

10. Galena Park North Shore, 13-9, 30, NA, Jan. 19 vs. #11 La Porte; Jan. 22 at Port Arthur Memorial

11. La Porte, 13-6, 21, 4, Jan. 19 at #10 Galena Park North Shore; Jan. 22 vs. Channelview

12. Lufkin Hudson, 17-7, 9, 10, Jan. 19 at Diboll; Jan. 22 at Huntington

Others receiving votes: Port Arthur Memorial 2, Port Neches-Groves 2, Cleveland 1

3A-Private Poll

Rank, Team, Record, Points, Previous, Week's Opponent

1.   Dallardsville Big Sandy (10), 23-2, 120, 1, Jan. 19 vs. #11 Evadale; Jan. 22 at Port Arthur Hope

2.   Beaumont Kelly Catholic, 17-4, 108, 3, Jan. 19 vs. Tomball Concordia Lutheran; Jan. 22 vs. Houston St. Pius X

3.   San Augustine, 15-3, 101, 4, Jan. 19 at Lufkin Pineywoods; Jan. 22 vs. Zavalla

4.   East Chambers, 20-5, 90, 6, Jan. 19 at Hardin; Jan. 22 vs. Anahuac

5.   Beaumont Legacy Christian, 18-5, 67, 10, Jan. 19 vs. Lake Houston Conquerers; Jan. 22 at League City Bay Area Christian

6.   Kountze, 15-8, 64, 5, Jan. 19 vs. Warren; Jan. 22 at Deweyville

7.   Woodville, 13-6, 61, 9, Jan. 19 vs. Hemphill; Jan. 22 at Garrison

8.   Nacogdoches Central Heights, 9-12, 55, NA, Jan. 19 vs. Corrigan-Camden; Jan. 22 at Woden

9.   Pollok Central, 19-4, 43, 2, Jan. 19 at Newton; Jan. 22 vs. Hemphill

10. Buna, 11-12, 35, NA, Jan. 19 vs. Kirbyville; Jan. 22 at Warren

11. Evadale, 10-11, 18, 12, Jan. 19 at #1 Dallardsville Big Sandy; Jan. 22 vs. West Hardin

12. Baytown Christian, 12-2, 15, 8, Jan. 19 at League City Bay Area Christian; Jan. 23 at Cristo Rey Jesuit

Also receiving votes: High Island 2, Woden 1

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Interesting Silsbee beats Jasper and LC-M (c'mon now ) last week and leap frogs to #1 but Central won 2 games last week, one of which was to Ozen, who was #1 last week (Central owns TWO wins against them)  and is only #2.  Am I the only one that finds this to be a head scratcher?

How did Silsbee leapfrog? They were #2 last week. Just moved up one spot after Ozen loss. Kind of natural to me and it seems 8 other voters think the same way. In fact, one voter has had Silsbee #1 the last few weeks so that vote would not have changed.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

How did Silsbee leapfrog? They were #2 last week. Just moved up one spot after Ozen loss. Kind of natural to me and it seems 8 other voters think the same way. In fact, one voter has had Silsbee #1 the last few weeks so that vote would not have changed.

But wins vs. Jasper and LC-M propels you to #1?

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I always find head to head to be the most telling.  Silsbee beat Central.  Central beat Ozen (now twice).  I've had these 3 in this order for weeks now...

Yea, I understand what you're seeing, but Ozen was the hottest team in setx prior to Tuesday AND was # 1 in the rankings and took a loss...  That's my point...

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And this is the  sake of debate, because I think the rest of the polls are perfect.  

Perfect? Then explain why you have Humble and Kingwood Park ranked ahead of CE King the last two weeks when King has beaten them both in the last two weeks. Also, North Shore is undefeated in district and yet you have La Porte ranked ahead of them when LP has lost two games in district to West Brook and PA Memorial. Am I the only one that finds that to be a head scratcher?

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, I understand what you're seeing, but Ozen was the hottest team in setx prior to Tuesday AND was # 1 in the rankings and took a loss...  That's my point...

completely understand your point and the opposing view.  Just a personal view of mine with polls.  Obviously, they isn't any science to them.  Just opinions ;)

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Perfect? Then explain why you have Humble and Kingwood Park ranked ahead of CE King the last two weeks when King has beaten them both in the last two weeks. Also, North Shore is undefeated in district and yet you have La Porte ranked ahead of them when LP has lost two games in district to West Brook and PA Memorial. Am I the only one that finds that to be a head scratcher?

Maybe  I didn't make myself clear, so I'll repeat myself...  I think the above polls are perfect with the exception of what I'm debating.  Has nothing to do with my picks whatsoever... But I'm sure you knew that.  

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Maybe  I didn't make myself clear, so I'll repeat myself...  I think the above polls are perfect with the exception of what I'm debating.  Has nothing to do with my picks whatsoever... But I'm sure you knew that.  

If you are going to question the rankings or a part of the rankings in open forum, then as a voter in these rankings, you should answer questions about your rankings.

I believe I answered your question. Ozen was #1, Silsbee was #2, Ozen lost, Silsbee won. Pretty simple. Oh, and 8 of the 10 voters obviously agrees.

Yes, most if not all the teams in the big school rankings would beat LC-M and Jasper. So what is the point? Who's to say Silsbee wouldn't beat Ozen? You know who they already beat this season. ;)

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If you are going to question the rankings or a part of the rankings in open forum, then as a voter in these rankings, you should answer questions about your rankings.

I believe I answered your question. Ozen was #1, Silsbee was #2, Ozen lost, Silsbee won. Pretty simple. Oh, and 8 of the 10 voters obviously agrees.

Yes, most if not all the teams in the big school rankings would beat LC-M and Jasper. So what is the point? Who's to say Silsbee wouldn't beat Ozen? You know who they already beat this season. ;)

So, what's the point?

40 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think I need to take Souljas spot in the poll lol ;)

47 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The biggest head scratcher is in the 3A-Small Private poll. Pollok Central moves from #2 to #9...bumping below Woodville after beating them by 37 last week. Not a knock on Woodville, just doesn't fit.

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee has taken 3 lopsided losses...  Ozen, only 1.  Ozen also reeled off 11 straight wins prior to losing to Central last Tuesday.  During that span, they beat some pretty stiff competition, 6a and 5a.  So who's to say Ozen wouldn't have beat Silsbee?

Point is we will never know. That's why you try not to speculate who would beat who when ranking these teams.

Most of the voters believe Silsbee's resume speaks for itself. It was an easy move up to #1 when they were already #2 in every voters poll except two.(one had them #1, other had them #3)

59 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Point is we will never know. That's why you try not to speculate who would beat who when ranking these teams.

Most of the voters believe Silsbee's resume speaks for itself. It was an easy move up to #1 when they were already #2 in every voters poll except two.(one had them #1, other had them #3)

Just saying that a win Over previous #1 Ozen in the week would hold more weight than wins vs. Jasper or LC-M...

18 minutes ago, winwin said:

So the question for voters becomes, is the win over Ozen enough for Central to leapfrog Silsbee. Its a good debate. 

Not if Silsbee keeps winning. Witch Im pretty sure they will. They will stay #1 ..... I new Silsbee would be back to #1 today in the STATE RANKING'S .They are the only team in the 4A top 5 that hasn't lost a game since tournament season.