It's Clear What The Media Thinks...

smitty

Has any of y'all seen the new Star Wars movie?  I heard this one is closer to the first three.  Do love movie popcorn with enough butter it's pooled in the bottom when I get all the popcorn out.  

I'm guessing it'll win some awards next year if it's any good at all.  

17 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I'm in favor of having more biracial commercials, especially Black men in a household family with white women. Certain segments of society need to catch up with the 21st century and its changing racial make-up.

I wasn't aware that commercials are awarded oscars. 

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

Has any of y'all seen the new Star Wars movie?  I heard this one is closer to the first three.  Do love movie popcorn with enough butter it's pooled in the bottom when I get all the popcorn out.  

I'm guessing it'll win some awards next year if it's any good at all.  

"Straight Outta Compton"  surpassed Star Wars in movie  ticket sales. 

in sports the best guy will always play regardless race. I dare any of you to name a white sprinter or nba all star who you feel like is better than the line ups we currently have. "Its a stupid attempt to wash over a issue".

On Stacy dash lol. she must forgot about the bet rap videos and movies that brung her fame. or her half naked pictures on king. Now she on fox so she's better than that.

Actually, she makes sense. Your attempts to diminish her actions and silence her free speech are not only expected, but shows you can't think outside the box. 

There are lots of things that go into making a movie great, not just ticket sales. Look at last year. Birdman beat out American Sniper for best picture but didn't top it in ticket sales.....or do you really care. I think you just throw stuff out there to stir the pot.

20 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

in sports the best guy will always play regardless race. I dare any of you to name a white sprinter or nba all star who you feel like is better than the line ups we currently have. "Its a stupid attempt to wash over a issue".

On Stacy dash lol. she must forgot about the bet rap videos and movies that brung her fame. or her half naked pictures on king. Now she on fox so she's better than that.

In job hiring the best guy always gets the job. Oh wait, that's racism.

44 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

A white guy and a black guy SAVED the NBA. They were Larry Bird and Earvin "Magic" Johnson. Had they not come along, the NBA was on the skids for viewership and possibly folding. Yep, a big old white guy help save the NBA. If he played today, he would be an Allstar again, plus win the 3 point shooting contest.

You only picked sprinting from a ton of competitions in the Olympics. Since we go by ticket sales, the women's gymnastics is the hottest ticket going....totally dominated by whites.

Back on topic....last movie theater I went to was to see Spiderman....took my kid. Really not much of a moviegoer. Too easy to view elsewhere.

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

"Straight Outta Compton"  surpassed Star Wars in movie  ticket sales. 

Never heard of it until your post, but I've liked Star Wars since 1977, so I was aware of it.  Only other recent show I know was that, IMO, stupid Mad Max show my SIL got the DVD.  As I posted before, last movie I went to was Kung Fu Panda with my G'son.  At my age, keep entertained watching Matlock reruns.  

2 hours ago, baddog said:

A white guy and a black guy SAVED the NBA. They were Larry Bird and Earvin "Magic" Johnson. Had they not come along, the NBA was on the skids for viewership and possibly folding. Yep, a big old white guy help save the NBA. If he played today, he would be an Allstar again, plus win the 3 point shooting contest.

You only picked sprinting from a ton of competitions in the Olympics. Since we go by ticket sales, the women's gymnastics is the hottest ticket going....totally dominated by whites.

Back on topic....last movie theater I went to was to see Spiderman....took my kid. Really not much of a moviegoer. Too easy to view elsewhere.

That wasn't my point my point is that anytime blacks say this or that should be more diverse it go to the oh what about the NBA. Which is a stupid at best argument. Im all for the best person receiving the job or awards that come with it race shouldn't play a role but in many cases it's obvious. 

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Actually, she makes sense. Your attempts to diminish her actions and silence her free speech are not only expected, but shows you can't think outside the box. 

There are lots of things that go into making a movie great, not just ticket sales. Look at last year. Birdman beat out American Sniper for best picture but didn't top it in ticket sales.....or do you really care. I think you just throw stuff out there to stir the pot.

You do realize that Ms.  Dash has been on TWO (that I know of) TV shows sponsored by BET!!  NAACP Image Awards and several other events with Black media outs. I've thought about the money I would make in speaking engagements and public events by wearing a Confederate flag and promoting the South. I'm just not broke enough to do it. 

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

Never heard of it until your post, but I've liked Star Wars since 1977, so I was aware of it.  Only other recent show I know was that, IMO, stupid Mad Max show my SIL got the DVD.  As I posted before, last movie I went to was Kung Fu Panda with my G'son.  At my age, keep entertained watching Matlock reruns.  

Matlock!!!  I prefer Maverick the old western show. 

13 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Yeah I know several white guys who got positions with no qualifications.. We must know the same people. 

I know plenty of white and black people who got positions over more qualified people. This is encouraged by the government and is actually legal, as long as you don't pick the white guy.

9 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

That wasn't my point my point is that anytime blacks say this or that should be more diverse it go to the oh what about the NBA. Which is a stupid at best argument. Im all for the best person receiving the job or awards that come with it race shouldn't play a role but in many cases it's obvious. 

The argument you refer as "stupid at best", has a lot of merit to it. Diversity should be a two way street, or actually lots of streets.....hence the term diverse. You don't like it because you think blacks are better at basketball, which is the epitome of a racist view......to think your race is superior. Look it up.

What about MTV. Used to be a channel I watched a lot. Blacks screamed racism and look what happened. All the videos, music groups, and VJs I enjoyed watching disappeared. I don't even think rap should be a "musical" category but that is what MTV went to. You call that diverse? I call it a takeover.

Did you go see Straight Outta Compton just because it was a black movie? If so, you have no grounds to say anything to anyone who views their movies for the same reason......period.

We live in a democracy where the majority rules. You want to make it where minorities rule by screaming racism whenever they don't get their way.

For reruns, I like the old Andy Griffith show and Two and a Half Men (the original). Watched some Rifleman just the other day.

I think that this will be my last post on this thread. You don't have the ability to see things any other way at all.....it is called reasoning. You never say "I see your point". I might as well be talking to a fence post.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

The argument you refer as "stupid at best", has a lot of merit to it. Diversity should be a two way street, or actually lots of streets.....hence the term diverse. You don't like it because you think blacks are better at basketball, which is the epitome of a racist view......to think your race is superior. Look it up.

What about MTV. Used to be a channel I watched a lot. Blacks screamed racism and look what happened. All the videos, music groups, and VJs I enjoyed watching disappeared. I don't even think rap should be a "musical" category but that is what MTV went to. You call that diverse? I call it a takeover.

Did you go see Straight Outta Compton just because it was a black movie? If so, you have no grounds to say anything to anyone who views their movies for the same reason......period.

We live in a democracy where the majority rules. You want to make it where minorities rule by screaming racism whenever they don't get their way.

For reruns, I like the old Andy Griffith show and Two and a Half Men (the original). Watched some Rifleman just the other day.

I think that this will be my last post on this thread. You don't have the ability to see things any other way at all.....it is called reasoning. You never say "I see your point". I might as well be talking to a fence post.

first. I'm like a handful of selected few who have changed my mind on multiple threads from abortion to gun rights so talking to a fence post is nor me. 

second. I never said blacks are more supierior to anybody or anything. just that our current line up in the NBA is what it is because of skill not race.

Third. MTV did not play black artists. therefore creating a reason for protest and a reason for BET. I don't think heavy metal should be classified as music but that's me. Rap took over MTV because  Rap has crossed over to more than just the inner city. White kids are just as hooked. 

Fourth. We live in a society were we have the right to protest for anything we find unjust. ...

Maybe if this country wasn't  so stupid to let race divide us there would never been A BET affirmative action etc.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:57 AM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Stacey Dash  has found her money making niche and play up to what you guys like to hear.

I think what shes saying is true....when was the last time a non-black person won an award on the BET Awards?

52 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

A White Entertainment channel would not be allowed.  So where is the racism

We,can all dance around the real issue with nonsense like this. but at some point you have to ask yourself how did BET come about and why. BET came about to give black artist a way to get views because MTV VH1 refused to play black music.  So BET is racists for over coming racial hatred. They ain't ask for nothing they made there own company. and MTV and VH1 and just about any other thing on tv at the time was White television. get serious 

You are the only one dancing around the real issue....Dash spoke the truth and that's got some folks upset...But what she said is worth looking at. Why do we need BET? Why would we need WET? All it does is promote more prejeduce and segregation... like I asked earlier...when was the last time a non-white won an award on the BET awards?

Eminem has won lots of BET awards. I'm sure there are other white winners as well. But really, who cares? All of the stars, (white, black, whatever) beefing about this have gotten extremely rich doing something that they love to do. All the while, we've got kids of all colors in America wondering where there next meal is coming from, hoping they won't be abused today, etc. Wake me up when these folks have some real problems.

On 1/24/2016 at 0:45 AM, Englebert said:

I know plenty of white and black people who got positions over more qualified people. This is encouraged by the government and is actually legal, as long as you don't pick the white guy.

If it is encouraged by the govt. why are there so many whites running these offices?  Based on your above logic, it would seem more Blacks would be ... (you fill in the blanks). Assuming you meet the qualifications.

4 hours ago, JWB said:

You are the only one dancing around the real issue....Dash spoke the truth and that's got some folks upset...But what she said is worth looking at. Why do we need BET? Why would we need WET? All it does is promote more prejeduce and segregation... like I asked earlier...when was the last time a non-white won an award on the BET awards?

Why do we need and have Fox Network?