Petition to remove head coach

Scatright

Steps that would need to take place.

1. Complainers would have to have a meeting with the coach himself. ( If not satified with that meeting)

2. Complainers would have to have a meeting with the principal of said school.(If not satisfied)

3. Gather any and all FACTS. Call school admin. Make a time to be heard at school board meeting. Make copies of all FACTS so each school board member can have a copy when it is time to present the complaints. 

4. Say your peace.

Then the ball would be in the school boards court. 

2 hours ago, Octfeb said:

Steps that would need to take place.

1. Complainers would have to have a meeting with the coach himself. ( If not satified with that meeting)

2. Complainers would have to have a meeting with the principal of said school.(If not satisfied)

3. Gather any and all FACTS. Call school admin. Make a time to be heard at school board meeting. Make copies of all FACTS so each school board member can have a copy when it is time to present the complaints. 

4. Say your peace.

Then the ball would be in the school boards court. 

Well said...

Just for everyone's information on here it was Bobcat 55 that started the petition and it is only about 3 people trying to push it because they don't like where the coach is playing their kid are they want to bring their highschool coach back. The majority of the community is very satisfied whith what this AD has done with the  program and the direction it is going in 

7 hours ago, Top cat said:

Just for everyone's information on here it was Bobcat 55 that started the petition and it is only about 3 people trying to push it because they don't like where the coach is playing their kid are they want to bring their highschool coach back. The majority of the community is very satisfied whith what this AD has done with the  program and the direction it is going in 

Welp. This just got interesting. 

12 hours ago, Top cat said:

i guess he changed his mind.  

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:29 PM, Octfeb said:

Heck yeah... If they are really good, whatever it takes to get them to Dayton.... We will even keep the lights on for um!

Naw. Those kids are coming to Hardin. I already called dibs. I've been on this project for 5-6 years already. Lol

Sounds like typical small town crap to me.  People start bashing coach because they aren't satisfied with results.  Nothing at all to do with the fact that maybe the kids aren't any good.. Not at all..  Am I mistaken or are the kids playing now part of the same groups that had to have 6th graders play in JH so they'd have enough for a team to begin with?  And didn't these groups pretty much go win less in sub-varsity and JH competition?

Same song and dance..smh.  

By the way..1st you meed with the Coach himself. (if he'll meet with you.  I wouldn't.)  2nd step in the chain of command is Sup, not principal.  AD and principal are on same level. Then if not satisfied you speak at board meeting.  But board makes hires on Sup's recommendations (vast majority of the time). At least they should..  You can't just fire someone because of disgruntled fans or parents.  The guy is under contract and will remain under contract unless he is non renewed or breaks the agreement of his contract. 

Shame this community gets so much attention because of a few idiots.

• 1 month later...

I just saw this post lol. For the record I did not start this petition. The person that started the petition, presented it to the school board. Funny how folks are unaware that I was the biggest supporter of Coach Hodges and Birdwell coming to HD. I was the person both Hodges and Birdwell called when they heard Finney was leaving. I personally obtained every school board members email, and emailed both Hodges and Birdwell's resume to the board.I personally emailed the Superintendent endorsing Hodges and Birdwell, forwarding their resumes, being that I had been Coached by Hodges and grew up friends with Birdwell. I was the person who allowed Hodges and his kids to stay in my house, as the hiring process unfolded, as well as breaking bread with Hodges and his kids for over 2 weeks, on my nickel... Funny how I am the bad guy lol. All I want is the HD student athlete participation numbers to not decrease... All I want is our kids to feel they have mentors/leaders to lean on... I have seen the participation numbers go down and seen the kids that walked away... They are not hard to see, walk out to the parking lot or anywhere on campus, as practices are going on... You will see 20 or more boys that used to play football, just chilling... I will support any Coach that wears the red and black, I love my HD Bobcats. Furthermore, I will also do what I can to protect the HD students and our tradition. I wonder how many of the posters on here actually read the petition? 

P.S. Scatright, you have known me your whole life, it is very distasteful to believe one sided stories and not ask the horse himself for all the facts... What is crazy, is that I reached out to you... 

HD NATION! 

14 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

I just saw this post lol. For the record I did not start this petition. The person that started the petition, presented it to the school board. Funny how folks are unaware that I was the biggest supporter of Coach Hodges and Birdwell coming to HD. I was the person both Hodges and Birdwell called when they heard Finney was leaving. I personally obtained every school board members email, and emailed both Hodges and Birdwell's resume to the board.I personally emailed the Superintendent endorsing Hodges and Birdwell, forwarding their resumes, being that I had been Coached by Hodges and grew up friends with Birdwell. I was the person who allowed Hodges and his kids to stay in my house, as the hiring process unfolded, as well as breaking bread with Hodges and his kids for over 2 weeks, on my nickel... Funny how I am the bad guy lol. All I want is the HD student athlete participation numbers to not decrease... All I want is our kids to feel they have mentors/leaders to lean on... I have seen the participation numbers go down and seen the kids that walked away... They are not hard to see, walk out to the parking lot or anywhere on campus, as practices are going on... You will see 20 or more boys that used to play football, just chilling... I will support any Coach that wears the red and black, I love my HD Bobcats. Furthermore, I will also do what I can to protect the HD students and our tradition. I wonder how many of the posters on here actually read the petition? 

P.S. Scatright, you have known me your whole life, it is very distasteful to believe one sided stories and not ask the horse himself for all the facts... What is crazy, is that I reached out to you... 

HD NATION! 

Wait, I never pointed a finger at you in this thing. I believe that "workbootz" and "cat man" said you were the guy. I simply posed a question to see if I was wrong for feeling like this was a terrible way to treat Coach Hodges while he is struggling. The issue here is that everyone knows how supportive you were of Coach Hodges and Birdwell when they first came back to town to lead this team. You were a Hodges guy back when Finney was hired, and that is great! You once told me he was one of your best friends.....which is why I am so confused. I have no idea how much influence you had on this petition, but I do know that you have promoted it. I do know that you have shared it multiple times on your facebook, and that you have publically questioned Hodges and Birdwell all season long. I hate to see Randy go through this. I have known Randy for just as long as you have, and he has always been a great guy. He has come home to work his behind off for the HD program and at the first sign of trouble, one of his biggest supporters (as you indicate in your post above) begins to question his offense and the sets he chooses to run. The same is true of Hodges. You welcomed him with open arms and apparently housed and fed him until he got established with his own place. I am sure that he never thought you would be one of the ones publically questioning him after only 2 years on the job. You cannot tout your friendship and support of these two men while at the same time promoting a document that calls for their termination. Those two things are antithetical and cannot exist as one. To want your great friends to be without employment for the sake of a few wins is crazy talk. There is not a friend I have in the world that I would wish that upon for any gain of mine. You imply that Hodges and Birdwell aren't "mentors/leaders to lean on" all the while saying that Hodges was your coach and was such a great leader that you wanted him to coach your son. The whole thing is a contradiction and that is what gets me. You are either their really good friend and ardent supporter, or you are not. You have to pick a side, and you have to know that whatever side you pick is going to come with criticism. If you choose to support them, the bleacher creatures are going to think you are part of the problem. If you choose to run them off, guys like me are going to question you because you would choose success on the football field over "lifelong friendship" with these guys. This is why they say to keep your friends out of your business, because sometimes it gets messy. In the world of HSFB, it's a disaster waiting to happen. I didn't need to call you back to know all the facts that I was interested in. The minute you shared that petition, I knew exactly where you stood. There was no explanation necessary. If the wheels fell off of this thing, and we lost the next 50 games, there will never be any justification for doing that to "friends". Whether you started the petition or not, you have made yourself just as culpable in it as the guy who penned it. I was just re-reading that petition and realized that this thing has been active for 2 months and only has 40 signatures. 40. That's not that many and certainly not enough to make me think that the opinion of the petition writer is the majority opinion. The reason I believe "one sided stories" is because the people I talk to in that district are not in the 40. Everyone I talk to thinks Hodges is doing a great job and they are as disgusted as me with the petition. At the end of the day, my opinion no longer matters. I do not live in the community anymore and don't have a vote at all, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

10 hours ago, Scatright said:

Wait, I never pointed a finger at you in this thing. I believe that "workbootz" and "cat man" said you were the guy. I simply posed a question to see if I was wrong for feeling like this was a terrible way to treat Coach Hodges while he is struggling. The issue here is that everyone knows how supportive you were of Coach Hodges and Birdwell when they first came back to town to lead this team. You were a Hodges guy back when Finney was hired, and that is great! You once told me he was one of your best friends.....which is why I am so confused. I have no idea how much influence you had on this petition, but I do know that you have promoted it. I do know that you have shared it multiple times on your facebook, and that you have publically questioned Hodges and Birdwell all season long. I hate to see Randy go through this. I have known Randy for just as long as you have, and he has always been a great guy. He has come home to work his behind off for the HD program and at the first sign of trouble, one of his biggest supporters (as you indicate in your post above) begins to question his offense and the sets he chooses to run. The same is true of Hodges. You welcomed him with open arms and apparently housed and fed him until he got established with his own place. I am sure that he never thought you would be one of the ones publically questioning him after only 2 years on the job. You cannot tout your friendship and support of these two men while at the same time promoting a document that calls for their termination. Those two things are antithetical and cannot exist as one. To want your great friends to be without employment for the sake of a few wins is crazy talk. There is not a friend I have in the world that I would wish that upon for any gain of mine. You imply that Hodges and Birdwell aren't "mentors/leaders to lean on" all the while saying that Hodges was your coach and was such a great leader that you wanted him to coach your son. The whole thing is a contradiction and that is what gets me. You are either their really good friend and ardent supporter, or you are not. You have to pick a side, and you have to know that whatever side you pick is going to come with criticism. If you choose to support them, the bleacher creatures are going to think you are part of the problem. If you choose to run them off, guys like me are going to question you because you would choose success on the football field over "lifelong friendship" with these guys. This is why they say to keep your friends out of your business, because sometimes it gets messy. In the world of HSFB, it's a disaster waiting to happen. I didn't need to call you back to know all the facts that I was interested in. The minute you shared that petition, I knew exactly where you stood. There was no explanation necessary. If the wheels fell off of this thing, and we lost the next 50 games, there will never be any justification for doing that to "friends". Whether you started the petition or not, you have made yourself just as culpable in it as the guy who penned it. I was just re-reading that petition and realized that this thing has been active for 2 months and only has 40 signatures. 40. That's not that many and certainly not enough to make me think that the opinion of the petition writer is the majority opinion. The reason I believe "one sided stories" is because the people I talk to in that district are not in the 40. Everyone I talk to thinks Hodges is doing a great job and they are as disgusted as me with the petition. At the end of the day, my opinion no longer matters. I do not live in the community anymore and don't have a vote at all, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

44 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Scat, to have to swallow my pride and admit we made the wrong hire, especially when I campaigned and did all the leg work for him to be here... Just like a friend or family member that helps gets you a job in a plant or refinery, they expect you to perform at work, business is business, leave friendship at the gate... I will always respect and like both men personally, but I wouldn't care if HDBobcat9 was the Coach(my brother best friend for over 30 years), if he were jeopardizing the culture, tradition and future of my beloved school, he would hear about it. Any man worth his weight would understand and appreciate that stance, not sull up and get feathers ruffled... My opinion is based solely on what I have seen with my own eyes, interviews in parents of players, both former and current, as well as random citizens. Scat I know it to be a fact, your opinion is based on blinded family members and close friends to the staff, with one being the life long best friend of Coach Birdwell's... 

I truly hope our AD/HC is successful and HD's student athletes start participating. I will be in the stands at every game rooting our boys on like always. Bottom line is, the citizens of HD and Raywood had seen our culture and participation numbers improve drastically for 3 straight years, then the last two years we not only didn't keep the momentum going, we got worse... 

It's all about the kids, not your buddy or acquaintance keeping a job they are not performing in as advertised...... I will say it again, I have nothing personal against either men you mentioned, I would again help both men in any way I could.  When the Friday night lights come on in HD Texas, I will be supporting EVERYONE on the sidelines and the field wearing red and black....  HD NATION!!!!!!

Good job on the Liberal post above, lol. 

14 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Just like a friend or family member that helps gets you a job, they expect you to perform at work, business is business... I will always respect and like both men personally, but I wouldn't care if HDBobcat9 was the Coach(my brother best friend for over 30 years), if he were jeopardizing the culture, tradition and future of my beloved school, he would hear about it. Any man worth his weight would understand and appreciate that stance, not sull up and get feathers ruffled... My opinion is based solely on what I have seen with my own eyes, interviews in parents of players, both former and current, as well as random citizens. Scat I know it to be a fact, your opinion is based on blinded family members and close friends to the staff, with one being the life long best friend of Coach Birdwell's... 

I truly hope our AD/HC is successful and HD's student athletes start participating. I will be in the stands at every game rooting our boys on like always. Bottom line is, the citizens of HD and Raywood had seen our culture and participation numbers improve drastically for 3 straight years, then the last two years we not only didn't keep the momentum going, we got worse... 

It's all about the kids, not your buddy or acquaintance keeping a job they are not performing in as advertised...... I will say it again, I have nothing personal against either men you mentioned, I would again help both men in any way I could.  When the Friday night lights come on in HD Texas, I will be supporting EVERYONE on the sidelines and the field wearing red and black....  HD NATION!!!!!!

Good job on the Liberal post above, lol. 

When did a HS coach winning football games become comparable to "business success, and or relationships with family and friends"?

The game is a game and nothing more. Family and friends mean the world to folk. But, I could never see myself desiring for a family member or life long bud to be canned because of a game performance, especially if the game is at an amateur level and I am not being compensated or paid and virtually have nothing to do with the "business" as one would call it......Big Bird is a great man and a hard working man at that and he knows what it's like to win. I wouldn't think for a second that Big Bird, Hodges and staff are doing anything but trying to win over there at HD, but they can not play the game for those kids on Friday nights.

This is 2016 and the HD ship sailed long ago. Nobody is coming into HD and reviving that program to its former glory. I don't think anybody is out to attack you chief, or throw your name in the dirt bC everybody respects your passion for ole' Bobcat nation. But, as kindly as I can say it........it would be for every kids benefit at HD to enlist into Liberty or Hardin for many reasons......even aside from athletics. Trust me, there is nobody outside of H D that respects the history and tradition of that school more than I do..... I never in 10 years of playing against HD beat them from 8 yrs old to 18 years old. And when these two schools meet for the opening game this year..........it won't even be a contest.....because every decent athlete HD has, Hardin has 3. And we can't even compete with the best in the business at the 3a level. That's how much a difference 100-150 kids makes. And to think that Hardin and HD were almost identical in enrollment in 2000 is scary. What's HD going to be like in another 10-15 years? Scary to even think about.....

Ole' scatright seen this coming long ago. We used to talk about this very thing and there's just nothing you can do about it.

Good luck to your HD Bobcats in 2016 and I hope Stan and staff have a good year.

7 hours ago, MOSSHILL said:

When did a HS coach winning football games become comparable to "business success, and or relationships with family and friends"?

The game is a game and nothing more. Family and friends mean the world to folk. But, I could never see myself desiring for a family member or life long bud to be canned because of a game performance, especially if the game is at an amateur level and I am not being compensated or paid and virtually have nothing to do with the "business" as one would call it......Big Bird is a great man and a hard working man at that and he knows what it's like to win. I wouldn't think for a second that Big Bird, Hodges and staff are doing anything but trying to win over there at HD, but they can not play the game for those kids on Friday nights.

This is 2016 and the HD ship sailed long ago. Nobody is coming into HD and reviving that program to its former glory. I don't think anybody is out to attack you chief, or throw your name in the dirt bC everybody respects your passion for ole' Bobcat nation. But, as kindly as I can say it........it would be for every kids benefit at HD to enlist into Liberty or Hardin for many reasons......even aside from athletics. Trust me, there is nobody outside of H D that respects the history and tradition of that school more than I do..... I never in 10 years of playing against HD beat them from 8 yrs old to 18 years old. And when these two schools meet for the opening game this year..........it won't even be a contest.....because every decent athlete HD has, Hardin has 3. And we can't even compete with the best in the business at the 3a level. That's how much a difference 100-150 kids makes. And to think that Hardin and HD were almost identical in enrollment in 2000 is scary. What's HD going to be like in another 10-15 years? Scary to even think about.....

Ole' scatright seen this coming long ago. We used to talk about this very thing and there's just nothing you can do about it.

Good luck to your HD Bobcats in 2016 and I hope Stan and staff have a good year.

Ole bud, it is about the kids walking away, not the wins lol. It is about the kids... Seeing multiple kids get kicked off the team when we desperately need a JV, multiple families relocating to a Hardin or Liberty because Hodges and them had a knock down drag out. It is expected for some knot heads to get thrown off the team, as well as some families to has issues with an AD/HC, but not as many issues as we have had with this AD... I have said many times Bird is a great man, actually we is the one thing holding our 20 total players together... What is saddening is, at the games on Friday nights, you can count all the boys in the stands that grew up playing football and even tried to play for Hodges, then look on the field at our 20 players, which 10 of them are 9th-10th graders that should be getting reps on JV... The big one is the High School parking lot, about 25 yards from Hodges office, daily there is about 20 good size athletic boys that just hang out by their farm trucks while football practice is going on with our 20 players... Bottom line is, where there is smoke there is fire, Hodges was handed the baton with roughly 45-50 kids returning to participate in football, he has managed to run off over half... Guess they were all bad kids.. SMH... I will not accept that and stand by as a man destroys what others before him have worked hard to build. I have stood by and supported many of our past AD/HC's as they only won a few games, but were able to have 50 plus boys turn into men under their guidance. It's about the future, keeping it going, long after these particular Coaches are gone. We need a JV, we need ALL our youth to be excited about playing sports for their school. It's not about winning ole bud, that would be nice, but I will take what HD has had for about 100 years, kids that all want to be Bobcats..... HD NATION! GO BOBCATS! 

Don't be so sure about them Bobcats losing to your ole Hornets. I am praying our AD/HC wins every game and even has 40 kids come out. I am excited to see what 2 a days brings us... If our boys come out, I will be happy. Recently folks have seen ole Hodges being a lot nicer and more of a people person... Amazing what a little pressure can do, when a person knows everybody is watching...