Coaching Musical Chairs About to Start

oldman

Haven't heard anything about Piske coming to Dayton........ I do know that he was very successful at Fairfield before he went to Lee.   Just wasn't the right fit at Lee.

As for the ties to SETEX.......remember it is who you know in the coaching bizz...........Do your Homework........people here might just have ties to people  up North.

Haven't heard anything about Piske coming to Dayton........ I do know that he was very successful at Fairfield before he went to Lee.   Just wasn't the right fit at Lee.

As for the ties to SETEX.......remember it is who you know in the coaching bizz...........Do your Homework........people here might just have ties to people  up North.

Ties or not.. still not gonna change how I feel. I don't care who it is as long as they are great at being a AD/HC. And you left it wide open for the comment when you said "Could impact A program here in SeTex"  So what program do you speak of, if not Dayton? Apparently you have already done the homework.

Edited by Octfeb

It would be interesting to see which of the jobs out of Dayton, BH and GCM got the most applicants and where they came from. I think that would say a lot about how those openings are currently viewed by the coaching community. Especially the BH vs Dayton applicants.  

It would be interesting to see which of the jobs out of Dayton, BH and GCM got the most applicants and where they came from. I think that would say a lot about how those openings are currently viewed by the coaching community. Especially the BH vs Dayton applicants.  

BH said 45 applicants.

This is the hidden content, please

GCM over 100.

I guess the Baytown Sun will publish the list of names for both soon enough.

It's a separate page: 

The pay posted is probably the low end. Based on experience it's probably closer to $80-$85K.

Well if that is the case. GC has 100 applicants. Dayton should have as many or more if money is a deciding factor. Which I think it would be. Daytons scale is 72K plus-102K plus. (depending on experience)

Money is not the deciding factor in the number of applicants. Lower profile jobs get more applicants, because more people think they can get those jobs. Small school jobs usually have a ton of applicants, up to 200, because every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks they can get the job.

Now, back to the real topic.

Who has SLC ties that is going to be making the move to Tyler with George?

my guess is he is talking about Faircloth being an SLC candidate.

PLEASE -PLEASE don't let Fairycloth leave PNG!!!!!!!

A new guy could have enough experience and knowledge of areas other than the QB position and ruin our 6 game butt kickin of PNG:)

Seriously -  no way they  would consider him as he has not been successful at PNG his only HC stop. 

GO DAWGS

PLEASE -PLEASE don't let Fairycloth leave PNG!!!!!!!

A new guy could have enough experience and knowledge of areas other than the QB position and ruin our 6 game butt kickin of PNG:)

Seriously -  no way they  would consider him as he has not been successful at PNG his only HC stop. 

GO DAWGS

He would be the OC at SLC. Not the head coach. But, he might go if he was the head coach in waiting when Wasson retired. But, I highly doubt it.

GCMPats2... are the HC's at GCM, LEE and Sterling allowed to have a hand in the football at the feeder schools? Are any of them doing that?

Yes. It's gotten better the past few years. Can't vouch for Lee, but GCM and RSS are active at the feeder schools. 

We really need a 6th Jr High and have 2 feeder schools for each high school. Not happening any time soon.

Tell me why it is apples to oranges and yes the article is very good, and not information that I was unaware of. The point is that GCM is not paying a rate that will attract the kind of coach many think it should.

Most of those higher paid coaches that you named are experienced and have been with their districts/schools for many years. Therefore, they earn a higher salary.

GCM and GCCISD in general, pay at or above state averages.