WOS vs Cuero

tennisbc

If I seen right Navarro threw like 4 times and 3 of them were late in the game,so Cuero had 10 in the box pretty much the whole game...I hope they put 10 in the box against Mr. Dallas,on the other hand we will load the box cuz Cuero doesn't throw much,looks like to me it may be more like last week!!!

Ladybug I was referring to all the quotes we heard from the Smoakhouse forum before we played Gilmer. "You haven't seen East Texas speed, They don't look so good on Film, They play down South so the really haven't played anyone"...ect. ect. Gilmer found out that we can play a little football in little ol Cuero if it weren't for a goal line stand at the 5 holding us out of the end zone in the final minute and for Stump's heroics that day lol ...I'll leave it at that. From what I've been reading and the picks we don't have much of a chance again but I think we'll show up anyway. To reach State Finals 10 times means we've went through Region 3 a few times so we look to make it 11 trips to the finals after Saturday. We know we're the underdog but it's been that way after finishing second in our District and throughout the Playoffs. We never had a chance against Devine. Navarro and Sinton yet here we are in all our glory lol. It should be a good game Saturday I just hope we can stay on the same field as you guy's after all we are picked to get blownout....again. Good luck to both teams.

If I seen right Navarro threw like 4 times and 3 of them were late in the game,so Cuero had 10 in the box pretty much the whole game...I hope they put 10 in the box against Mr. Dallas,on the other hand we will load the box cuz Cuero doesn't throw much,looks like to me it may be more like last week!!!

As far as the Navarro game the wind was gusting in the 40's with a downpour the whole game. It rained on both sides of the field and we made adjustments Navarro  didn't. We took away take away their bread and butter because no way was anyone going to have a passing game. BTW that's not fog in that video that's the rain going sideways lol

Edited by GMGKSA

Ladybug I was referring to all the quotes we heard from the Smoakhouse forum before we played Gilmer. "You haven't seen East Texas speed, They don't look so good on Film, They play down South so the really haven't played anyone"...ect. ect. Gilmer found out that we can play a little football in little ol Cuero if it weren't for a goal line stand at the 5 holding us out of the end zone in the final minute and for Stump's heroics that day lol ...I'll leave it at that. From what I've been reading and the picks we don't have much of a chance again but I think we'll show up anyway. To reach State Finals 10 times means we've went through Region 3 a few times so we look to make it 11 trips to the finals after Saturday. We know we're the underdog but it's been that way after finishing second in our District and throughout the Playoffs. We never had a chance against Devine. Navarro and Sinton yet here we are in all our glory lol. It should be a good game Saturday I just hope we can stay on the same field as you guy's after all we are picked to get blownout....again. Good luck to both teams.

Thank you GMGKSA, all respect for your team for sure. We love football down here in these parts, seems as though you guys do too. Feel free to talk to all Se Tex we are friendly people. Welcome to our site.

As far as the Navarro game the wind was gusting in the 40's with a downpour the whole game. It rained on both sides of the field and we made adjustments Navarro  didn't. We took away take away their bread and butter because no way was anyone going to have a passing game. BTW that's not fog in that video that's the rain going sideways lol

I gotcha I could see the rain,i have seen the stats and a few videos but tell me if u can't throw the ball how do u win against a disciplined defense.. if all u do is run run run it won't be a game imo..

were not East Texas like those guys. We're "down south" like y'all. But I guarantee you this, we aren't Devine, Navarro or Sinton. 

In all seriousness I'm looking forward to playing a team I've read so much about through the years. This group is young and have matured through the year and it's been a pleasure to watch these Freshman and Sophmores sprinkled in with a few Juniors and Seniors grow up. Whatever the outcome this game represents what Texas High School Football is all about Two History laden teams going at it.

In all seriousness I'm looking forward to playing a team I've read so much about through the years. This group is young and have matured through the year and it's been a pleasure to watch these Freshman and Sophmores sprinkled in with a few Juniors and Seniors grow up. Whatever the outcome this game represents what Texas High School Football is all about Two History laden teams going at it.

I agree, I've always wanted to see Cuero. Two of the most storied teams in Texas football going at it finally. 

Looks like the Cuero defense has been playing well.  Sinton gets 3 first downs and 71 total yards.  Could certainly be a good game, but can't see WOS slipping here. 

Cuero was missing their starting QB and team leader. He also played defense. There wasn't a worse person they could have lost than that guy. The Cuero faithful will jump on you real quick about mentioning that, but you're fooling yourself if you think it didn't have an effect. Virtually made Sinton one dimensional. They may have still won the game but, with Cohea playing, it definitely wouldn't have been that lopsided.

With him they had 70 yards running and 80 yards passing and most of the passing yard coming in the last 2 minutes in a 14-10 come from behind victory in District...we lost our QB that game after the first Quarter so don't believe everything you read. Just sayin'. Not that it matters because you aren't playing Sinton

Edited by GMGKSA

While listening to the game one announcer said “Fox Sports Southwest has been in Cuero all year” Mainly because of the special that they (SW) sports is doing on different teams and their legends. They chose Cuero as one of their teams. It all smells to me, I will be watching the refs as I said, they better stay neutral, and let the kids determine the game.

While listening to the game one announcer said “Fox Sports Southwest has been in Cuero all year” Mainly because of the special that they (SW) sports is doing on different teams and their legends. They chose Cuero as one of their teams. It all smells to me, I will be watching the refs as I said, they better stay neutral, and let the kids determine the game.

calm down. Talk sells tickets and brings interest. 

I’m an observer it’s part of my nature (secondary) we had some bad calls against Gilmer in the state game last year, so my rabbit ears are up. lol

the call before halftime was pure bull$#!+ and tilted the game at that time but they had their chances.