Carthage 56 Silsbee 40/Final

WOSgrad

Hats off to Carthage and its fans,  I have seen nothing but respect from almost everyone if you!  The only two pregame comments I am going to ask or say anything about  are 1.  The comments about our line being small and 2. Who said we couldn't run outside?  

Carthages defense had to be right in there with WOS as the fastest and most physical we have played. That turnover and big return was a game ended.  Here's hoping all my Tiger bball players heal quickly and completely!

Silsbee has some Serious Beef upfront on the O-Line! Kept McLinn away from the QB as good as anyone has this year! 

What's your point? If I say I think he will lead in rushing it's my thought? Are judging my opinion? Why do you care?

you talk enough on that app, you talking on here so put some money up. What up?  Lets go. You care enough to speak it, so care enough to bet on it. :)

I bet you PA Memorial wins 22-5a undefeated within the next two years rather than him leading the area in TDs and "possibly" yards the next two years. 

The one thing I learned sitting with the Carthage fans the last two weeks is no matter what you consider to be good football sense, i.e punting on 4th down with 11 to go from your 30 doesn't work. It's called "drinking the Surratt Kool Aid" and had me and liltex scratching our heads. I got called out and told to drink the kool aid about five times in that game. You learn something new every day.

I thought he took another risk in this one although the odds were pretty good.  The 4th and goal late wher he could have kicked the fm to go up by 11. He went for it and scored which he only had a yard or so to go bug we had stopped on the same situation on third down.  To me if he kicked it he pretty much iced the game anyway.  Wits obvious that we weren't going to be able to kick a field goal so the benefit was putting yourself up where we had to score and get two 2 pt conversions for the tie or win but the sure 3 pts still made it where we were going to need 2 tds since we weren't likely to get the fg.

The one thing I learned sitting with the Carthage fans the last two weeks is no matter what you consider to be good football sense, i.e punting on 4th down with 11 to go from your 30 doesn't work. It's called "drinking the Surratt Kool Aid" and had me and liltex scratching our heads. I got called out and told to drink the kool aid about five times in that game. You learn something new every day.

Definitely expect the unexpected.  Now in that situation I was stunned watching it but the wind that night was horrible and WOS had everything going for them.  Carthage had not had a better punt than about 15 yds into that wind all night so as unconventional as it was it was not really a "bad" choice. Make it you end the game don't you still have to make a stop on a short field.

I had a great time sOrting on the Silsbee side. Never told anyone where I was from. Carthage may have a great program but we have some dead fans when it comes to cheering. Silsbee had crazy speed. Number 6 had a rough game but redeemed himself with the endzone interception.  There was only one bad call and that was the incompletion. Luckily Silsbee got a first on the next play. Good luck in bball. Too bad 4a has turned into AAU.

I thought he took another risk in this one although the odds were pretty good.  The 4th and goal late wher he could have kicked the fm to go up by 11. He went for it and scored which he only had a yard or so to go bug we had stopped on the same situation on third down.  To me if he kicked it he pretty much iced the game anyway.  Wits obvious that we weren't going to be able to kick a field goal so the benefit was putting yourself up where we had to score and get two 2 pt conversions for the tie or win but the sure 3 pts still made it where we were going to need 2 tds since we weren't likely to get the fg.

Drink the kool aid. That was what I was told to do. Red kool aid. 

BTW, I didn't understand the Silsbee offensive coordinator. Jet sweep worked for thirty yards and y'all ran it once. Adonis Thomas was killing Carthage and didn't hardly see the ball in the second half? Dontre was limping badly...he had no business running at all. I believe with y'all's speed you would have owned the corners. Hmmmm.

BTW, I didn't understand the Silsbee offensive coordinator. Jet sweep worked for thirty yards and y'all ran it once. Adonis Thomas was killing Carthage and didn't hardly see the ball in the second half? Dontre was limping badly...he had no business running at all. I believe with y'all's speed you would have owned the corners. Hmmmm.

yes I know hard to argue with how good the offense was this year but sometimes things just don't make sense like the same play getting called twice on fourth down I the second half and getting stuffed each time. I give Carthage the credit for our lack of passing thanks to good coverage and pressure.  Would have liked more of the quick passes but just couldn't get it going,

yes I know hard to argue with how good the offense was this year but sometimes things just don't make sense like the same play getting called twice on fourth down I the second half and getting stuffed each time. I give Carthage the credit for our lack of passing thanks to good coverage and pressure.  Would have liked more of the quick passes but just couldn't get it going,

When you get to that level things that worked against lesser coached teams don't. Coaching becomes VERY evident at that level. I have to give Surratt credit...he is one hell of a coach. Carthage doesn't make many mistakes and they usually capitalize when you do. Ask Navasota.

You guys need to know that there are 4-5 plays signaled in to Dontre and he reads defense and makes the call at line of scrimmage as to if it's a pass or run. Dontre has done great all year reading the defenses and making the correct call but he probably would admit he missed a couple in this game, particularly two of the 4th down plays. Looking at the sideline after a few of these plays you could tell they wanted a different read.

Give credit to Carthage for mixing the coverages and blitz packages.

Still would take Dontre and his read ability over any QB in our area.

Edited by AggiesAreWe

You guys need to know that there are 4-5 plays signaled in to Dontre and he reads defense and makes the call at line of scrimmage as to if it's a pass or run. Dontre has done great all year reading the defenses and making the correct call but he probably would admit he missed a couple in this game, particularly two of the 4th down plays. Looking at the sideline after a few of these plays you could tell they wanted a different read.

Give credit to Carthage for missing the coverages and blitz packages.

When I saw Dontre hobbled the way he was AAW, I take away the option if I'm his coach. Twice he should have given the ball to Adonis who would have easily rambled for the first. I think the coach should have stepped in when he was limping, IMO. I understand where you're coming from though. Remember where I was sitting and what kool aid I had to drink there. Surratt red.

Give credit to Carthage for mixing the coverages and blitz packages.

I did not know that,  but I did see after the second fourth down the action and figured there was something there.  I just would have thought it was concerning him keeping it himself and not giving it to trey. Didn't know he had that many choices to make.  He has done a great job this year.  I was just thinking ho out of the last few qbs going back to JJ,  that Dontre had a better understanding/feel for the offense than any of them, of course he may have had more weapons as well.