Should a journalism professor be fired for lying about being racially profiled in a journalism piece?

bullets13

Dorothy Bland (ironic, but no relation) wrote a scathing piece about being racially profiled while jogging in her upscale neighborhood.  She claims that she had been stopped without cause because she's a black woman and was wearing a hoodie, and ridiculously states that she "will not let the incident ruin her life."  She also claims she did not get a decent answer as to why she was stopped.

unfortunately for her, the dashcam caught the entire incident.  Not only does it show her jogging with the flow of traffic, eventually wandering into the middle of the street, it also shows two very professional, very polite officers explain to her that it is for this very reason that they've stopped to talk to her.  It's also worth noting that from the way she was dressed it would likely be impossible to ascertain her race until after the cops had initiated the stop.  they explained to her that she had already impeded traffic by forcing a truck to come to a stop behind her, but also pointed out that she never realized the truck was there.  They also pointed out that they were behind her for quite some time before she ever realized she was there.  They asked her to resume her jog on the other side of the street for her safety and also to avoid impeding traffic, obtained her identification as per department policy, and sent her on her way with a smile.

we hear all the time about video showing the truth about police brutality, but in this case it showed just the opposite... A citizen fabricating a story to try and get innocent cops in trouble, and had there not been video there's no doubt this would've turned into widespread criticism of the cops, and in today's political climate possible punishment or even termination of the officers. 

My my question is this: should she be punished or fired for doing so, considering she used her position as a journalism professor as a tool to perpetrate this lie?  I lean towards yes.  Your thoughts?

Edited by bullets13

If the officers had lied about the situation and been caught, would they have been fired? I can say almost always, yes. 

She should be terminated for conduct unbecoming or whatever her school rules allows and I think the officers should sue her for defamation. 

Not only was she in the roadway, the way she was flapping her arms and moving side to side, I would have thought that I was getting out on some kind of person that was off either mentally or drug/alcohol induced. 

Besides that, all this talk of flow of traffic and such is gibberish. In TX she has to be on the sidewalk, period. She could have been arrested and hauled off to the county jail no questions asked if they wanted to mess with her. The law simply states that if there is a sidewalk the you cannot walk in or along a roadway and must use the sidewalk. 

Texas Transportation Code

Section 552 Pedestrians

Sec. 552.006. USE OF SIDEWALK. (a) A pedestrian may not walk along and on a roadway if an adjacent sidewalk is provided and is accessible to the pedestrian.