Lumberton vs. Crosby Fri. 13th

CCRed

and LaMarque was thinking the same way Crosby was. The highlight of the night was in pre game warm ups. Their players ran down their sideline, across the 50, and down our sideline grabbing their "you know what's" at our fans.... And then Hussey ran it down their throats. Such a sweet victory.

The difference between those two teams is that Lumberton tied for the district championship that year, this year they're firmly in fourth place. It's cool to see Lumberton back in the post season, much like New Caney, but they're running into a guillotine. Not to mention they have to make over an hour drive to come play us in one of our district stadiums. The stats also say Lumberton will have problems on both sides of the ball. 

The difference between those two teams is that Lumberton tied for the district championship that year, this year they're firmly in fourth place. It's cool to see Lumberton back in the post season, much like New Caney, but they're running into a guillotine. Not to mention they have to make over an hour drive to come play us in one of our district stadiums. The stats also say Lumberton will have problems on both sides of the ball. 

we were in a three way tie for district champs. So basically we could have been in 3rd place. So is there really that big of a difference in 3rd and 4th place? Firmly in fourth? We barely lost to central or we would firmly be fighting for a share of district championship this week too.. And the long drive just means our players get to miss more school. So it won't bother them.

we were in a three way tie for district champs. So basically we could have been in 3rd place. So is there really that big of a difference in 3rd and 4th place? Firmly in fourth? We barely lost to central or we would firmly be fighting for a share of district championship this week too.. And the long drive just means our players get to miss more school. So it won't bother them.

And we COULD have beat PNG but some reason they didn't feel like playing Raider football lol! 

Don't think lumberton had to score late that year to beat central....you maybe remembering the following year when they lost to crosby in the 1st round. In 07 the l train beat most district opponents by a large margin.....png got them, but I don't  think it was a beat down. I know la marque was not what you would call a class act that year, but I sure don't remember them making obscene jesters to the lumberton fans,  and yes I was there. I saw both teams pre game. In fact i was there when la marque showed up. Most did throw a temper tantrum after the game though. Was a game I will never forget

Don't think lumberton had to score late that year to beat central....you maybe remembering the following year when they lost to crosby in the 1st round. In 07 the l train beat most district opponents by a large margin.....png got them, but I don't  think it was a beat down. I know la marque was not what you would call a class act that year, but I sure don't remember them making obscene jesters to the lumberton fans,  and yes I was there. I saw both teams pre game. In fact i was there when la marque showed up. Most did throw a temper tantrum after the game though. Was a game I will never forget

I remember very clearly. Not something I would just make up about them I promise. But it's all good cause we took care of business.

I remember very clearly. Not something I would just make up about them I promise. But it's all good cause we took care of business.

it was said on the board back then that it happened by multiple ppl at the game, that was back when LM posters were posting on the site, good ole days, the majority of them never came back after that weekend. I always wondered why…….. 

Could someone posts some stats of these two teams for comparison ?

Quickly, for the 8 games I found minus GCM they're averaging 275ypg rushing and 99ypg passing. On defense they're giving up 250ypg rushing and 75ypg passing. They haven't scored over 28 points on any of the good teams they've faced. 

They have a pretty good rb that averages 7.63ypc in those games but the qb only completes 43% of his passes and had 725 passing yards on the season through those 8 games. 

Not trying to be a smart butt, but what does stats have to do with anything, these two teams have played a completely different schedule. The playoffs change teams. When the playoffs start you can leave all the stats at home.

My honest opinion is that crosby will go into this game thinking it is an easy win and will be down at half time by 3 points. But will have a change of thought in the second half and will win by 10. 

If crosby isnt looking past Lumberton they will win by 14+

Edited by Daytonfan9210

Could someone posts some stats of these two teams for comparison ?

*For Dayton90210

Stats don't dont do anything other than highlight tendencies, allow you to key on specific players and develop you game plan. What metric do you use to compare teams other than wins and losses which can be summed up as SO MANY games are on here with, "Two good teams, should be a good one"? That provides 0 substance other than to say "should be a good one". 

How have we played a completely different schedule, we've both played every team in the district except each other? This isn't week 3. Crosby has lost one regular season game in two years and it was to King. You can bet the farm the focus is ultra-sharp this week. 

Edited by Cougar14.2

*For Dayton90210

Stats don't dont do anything other than highlight tendencies, allow you to key on specific players and develop you game plan. What metric do you use to compare teams other than wins and losses which can be summed up as SO MANY games are on here with, "Two good teams, should be a good one"? That provides 0 substance other than to say "should be a good one". 

How have we played a completely different schedule, we've both played every team in the district except each other? This isn't week 3. Crosby has lost one regular season game in two years and it was to King. You can bet the farm the focus is ultra-sharp this week. 

you played two completely different schedules because this thread is about crosby vs. Lumberton not cek. 

I simply asked what the stats had to do with it bbecause of the fact that these two teams have infact played totally different schedules so stats doesnt tell you anything because you dont know what their competition had. Crosby and Lumberton have not played any of the same teams yet.

And just so you know i do look at the stats but not if the teams have 0 common opponents.