Splendora at Cleveland 10/30/15

If Cleveland plays like they are capable they will run away with this game. However, they have only put together 3 games this year where they play to their ability. Splendora has 2 more wins this year than Cleveland has. Those wins come against unimpressive teams though. I feel Cleveland avoids the big 0-10 and beats Splendora 38-20

HMMMMM...... Very interesting game here for the battle of last place. 38-20 though is kinda far fetched.  If you look at like opponents in district then the nod would go to Splendora since their games have been closer in score than Clevelands.  Thump Thump starts on Wednesday!!! Good Luck!

They have 5 common opponents on the season. Shepherd, Jasper, LCM, Huffman, and Silsbee. They have both gone 0-5 in those games. Splendora has given up 253 points to those teams and scored 55. Cleveland has given up 200 points to those teams and scored 41. Neither team is a stopping many people or putting up many points. However, the game is in Cleveland. Cleveland has played 3 quality teams very tight this season. They seem to have the ability to play at a higher level but seem to make a TON of mistakes. I feel this is the game they limit their mistakes and finally play to their ability.

Perfect great breakdown... Lets look at most recent and district games

Cleveland lost to Jasper 31-7(24), LCM 55-6(49), Huffman 56-21(45) and Silsbee 52-7(45)

Splendora lost to Jasper 42-21(21),LCM 56-7(51), Huffman 45-13(32) and Silsbee 54-13(42)

Just don't see 18 pts for a home team advantage but like I said gonna be a good game though.

I agree from the games I have been to Cleveland will be much more athletic than Splendora

Cleveland's performance has been so inconsistent this year. I really think they are capable of playing at a much higher level than they have shown these last couple of weeks. I didn't go to the Bridge City game but from all accounts they were in it up to the last minute. Bridge City is projected to be the district runner up. Cleveland also almost upset Coldsprings at home. I think (hope) this is the game they put it together and play like they are capable. I will admit I haven't seen any of Splendora's game but from the box scores and what I've been told they are not a very athletic team. Cleveland and Splendora games tend to be competetive so maybe I was a bit off about the 18 pts spread. So I'll revise it to 30-20. ;) 

Let me do a little break down for you Kegger, livefor2day, and Johnny. 

Johnny, who do you think wins? You posed the question.

Kegger, What three games did Cleveland play "up to their potential"? I only found one. Were the other two the game they didn't score in and got a punt blocked to lose and the game they "almost" beat a team that started 1-4, their lone win coming against the Indians?

Livefor2day, First, Clevelands loss to Huffman 56-21 is a THIRTY FIVE point difference and Splendoras loss to LCM 56-7 would be a FORTY NINE point difference, not 45 and 51 as you had calculated. Next, Where do you get an 18 point home team advantage anyhow, because even using your (mis)calculations the difference comes out to Cleveland 163 and Splendora 146. Actually giving Splendora a 17 point advantage.  Lastly, be realistic, Cleveland hasnt scored 38 points in their last 4 games COMBINED. And your math skills, well, they would be subpar even for a Cleveland student.

Cleveland 30-Splendora 20 is the most realistic thing you have said as both teams struggle, and have nothing to play for. These games are usually competitive. I dont know who will win, and quite honestly dont care, but I go with a much lower scoring game.

Cleveland 17-Splendora 15.

Work on your math pal.

Let me do a little break down for you Kegger, livefor2day, and Johnny. 

Johnny, who do you think wins? You posed the question.

Kegger, What three games did Cleveland play "up to their potential"? I only found one. Were the other two the game they didn't score in and got a punt blocked to lose and the game they "almost" beat a team that started 1-4, their lone win coming against the Indians?

Livefor2day, First, Clevelands loss to Huffman 56-21 is a THIRTY FIVE point difference and Splendoras loss to LCM 56-7 would be a FORTY NINE point difference, not 45 and 51 as you had calculated. Next, Where do you get an 18 point home team advantage anyhow, because even using your (mis)calculations the difference comes out to Cleveland 163 and Splendora 146. Actually giving Splendora a 17 point advantage.  Lastly, be realistic, Cleveland hasnt scored 38 points in their last 4 games COMBINED. And your math skills, well, they would be subpar even for a Cleveland student.

Cleveland 30-Splendora 20 is the most realistic thing you have said as both teams struggle, and have nothing to play for. These games are usually competitive. I dont know who will win, and quite honestly dont care, but I go with a much lower scoring game.

Cleveland 17-Splendora 15.

Work on your math pal.

Ok Internet tough guy,

For someone that doesn't care about this game, you sure did create an account so you could respond to this post. Also dismissing Shepherd and Coldsprings as quality opponents is pretty ignorant. Shepherd is 7-2 and beat Splendora 56-0. Cleveland lost to them 6-0. Yes they lost with a blocked punt and failed to score any points. Coldsprings did start the year 1-4 with their one win coming against Cleveland. What you happened to leave off is that they are a 4A division II school that had 2 losses to 5A schools and another loss to the Defending State Champions Navasota. So yeah, they are a horrible team that has happened to go undefeated in district and will probably stay that way. Cleveland hasn't played a complete game yet. I based my prediction on the hope that the team will be motivated to play a rival and they will have a complete performance. Sorry my logic didn't make since to you.

BTW I'm not your pal, buddy.

I never said they werent quality teams, I asked when Cleveland played "up to their potential". 

You did a good job defending their opponents though.

And its ColdSPRING, ass wipe.

Ok internet tough guy,

Yes those were the three games where they played up to their ability. Yes they lost all three of those games. They are 0-9 on the season, so yes I have to point out games that they "almost" won to make an argument of why Cleveland will win this game. You did not come out and say that Shepherd and Coldspring weren't quality but you did imply that Coldspring was not very good.

"Kegger, What three games did Cleveland play "up to their potential"? I only found one. Were the other two the game they didn't score in and got a punt blocked to lose and the game they "almost" beat a team that started 1-4, their lone win coming against the Indians?"

Also thanks for pointing out that Coldspring doesn't have a S at the end of it. I would've lived the rest of my life as a complete moron if you had not done so. There are also apostrophes in words like weren't and it's if we are resorting to correcting one another's grammar.

Sincerely

Your Pal

I haven't seen Splendora play this year, so don't take this the wrong way.  Cleveland is capable of playing some pretty decent football.  We didn't play as well as we should have, and Cleveland took full advantage of that.  Also, Cleveland kids seemed much better disciplined than we've seen in the past.  They may have lost, but they earned a little respect from me a couple of weeks ago.  

Good luck to all.

All these close predictions, give me either team by 20+. Not sure who takes off in this one, but the other team will roll over. Both these teams quit when things go wrong, coaches lose their cool, and it gets embarrassing, it happened when we played both of them. Tonight will be no different. I'm with you boomer, who cares. This year is about Jasper repeating As district champions.

All these close predictions, give me either team by 20+. Not sure who takes off in this one, but the other team will roll over. Both these teams quit when things go wrong, coaches lose their cool, and it gets embarrassing, it happened when we played both of them. Tonight will be no different. I'm with you boomer, who cares. This year is about Jasper repeating As district champions.

Curious, what team do you play for?