Vidor 83 Baytown Lee 54/Final

WOSgrad

Yes...Montana was a phenom....but he also had many others around him that could play just as competitively as he could! You're right those stats don't lie! But how many pick sixes were there and how many fumbles for a touchdown (and before anyone jumps on me...I really don't remember ber) that's what stats fail to do. They fail to tell you the story behind the points. This is a whole team effort...I am amazed that the defense is still being criticized. Our offense put up 83 points! How amazing is that?! 

I'm moving on...let's celebrate our victories and prepare for next week! We have a very athletic team to prepare against...they are big and fast. I've seen them up close as I watched them on the sideline of the West Brook/Ozen game. 

You work with what athletes you have year in and year out and majority of the time the players on our defense won't match up to the guys on the other side of the ball. Like i said though, he's been dc for the past five years and in the past five years we've been more successful than any other time. I seen the athletes I played with during 11-13 and my lil brother plays defense for vidor this year and I clearly see the difference in athletic ability between the two. As a coach you have to work with what you have. If anything you should be on the Vidor bandwagon and be happy we can win 80-50 and have a great shot of making the playoffs, instead of being know as I-10 Vidor-0, the last thing we need to do is talk about firing our DC and dogging him on a thread when I'm almost positive if you were to look up stats before him and compare them to the past five years, you'd probably have a good idea then.

vp77 is right, montana was the real deal but our team was loaded with athletes on both sides of the ball. You work with what you have, and what they have now isn't quite what we had then.

Coach Robinson is the best DC Vidor has had, no point in dogging him, especially talking about needing to fire him.

vp77 is right, montana was the real deal but our team was loaded with athletes on both sides of the ball. You work with what you have, and what they have now isn't quite what we had then.

Coach Robinson is the best DC Vidor has had, no point in dogging him, especially talking about needing to fire him.

Agreed, this area is not loaded with talent every year like large metro areas.

Look, I never started this "fire him" topic.  I want nothing more than us to win out and everyone is happy.  He isn't going no where because Coach Mathews would never concern himself with the criticisms of posters that never have to face anyone in person.  I'll still take my PTO day Friday, pull my daughter out of school, and take my family to my parent's house to watch the parade Friday and the game.  Because pride, spirit, and tradition mean more to me than most.  I'll attend the Baytown game and then any playoff games.  

I'll only post scores from now on in the Vidor discussions.  It's obvious that if you question anything to do with the running of the team, you're "clueless".  Guess I made a bad decision donating to this site when it asked a few years ago.  Obviously it doesn't welcome all view points.  

You're right, the one who talked about firing is clueless and ignorant. I know he isn't going anywhere, but for example his wife is on here and has to see the non sence, so the ignorant comment about firing him needed to be confronted, because obviously they're clueless. But I just completely disagree with what you said about our DC when he's turned this program in a great direction compared to the majority or vidor's past. And I'm all for criticizing, in the right places. Our dc isn't one of those IMO.

Curelover32...I was never upset with you....you didn't post "get rid of the DC". Robanadana did....he for years has criticized coaches and, frankly, is proud of it. So as he calls coaches out...I am calling him out. I never meant to get cross ways with you. You want what is best for these boys and I respect that. 

Curelover32...I was never upset with you....you didn't post "get rid of the DC". Robanadana did....he for years has criticized coaches and, frankly, is proud of it. So as he calls coaches out...I am calling him out. I never meant to get cross ways with you. You want what is best for these boys and I respect that. 

I'm sorry if I offended you are your husband.  Please know I had the biggest grin watching the updates last night.  

You're right, the one who talked about firing is clueless and ignorant. I know he isn't going anywhere, but for example his wife is on here and has to see the non sence, so the ignorant comment about firing him needed to be confronted, because obviously they're clueless. But I just completely disagree with what you said about our DC when he's turned this program in a great direction compared to the majority or vidor's past. And I'm all for criticizing, in the right places. Our dc isn't one of those IMO.

Thanks.  I don't want to name call because we are all on the same team at the end of the day.

What's interesting in this discussion is that Vidor's OC just called a game that resulted in over 80 pts and over 700 yds. The same coach that,  when the cupboard got a little bare in Lumberton for a few years,  he was run out of town. Sometimes,  the coach doesn't have as much to work with. That's not dogging the kids,  it's just reality.  I believe Matthews and his staff are doing the absolute best job they can for those boys. And if that is the case,  then let the coaching staff do their job and don't belittle them on here when you disagree. That doesn't help your program. 

What's interesting in this discussion is that Vidor's OC just called a game that resulted in over 80 pts and over 700 yds. The same coach that,  when the cupboard got a little bare in Lumberton for a few years,  he was run out of town. Sometimes,  the coach doesn't have as much to work with. That's not dogging the kids,  it's just reality.  I believe Matthews and his staff are doing the absolute best job they can for those boys. And if that is the case,  then let the coaching staff do their job and don't belittle them on here when you disagree. That doesn't help your program. 

Good point, I remember the Vidor OC catching a lot of heat on these boards last season. Last year the play calling and execution looked terrible. I thought we just had a bad OC but look at us this season. Same guy at the helm and we are putting up 80 points lol. What changed? Some key players getting a little older and more experienced, a new quarterback and bang! The play calling and execution look on point this year. I think the same will happen for the defense, they will get better. The Pirates are good this year but they are still a young team and should be really good next season. If they could just clean up the turnovers, especially at key moments...

Good point, I remember the Vidor OC catching a lot of heat on these boards last season. Last year the play calling and execution looked terrible. I thought we just had a bad OC but look at us this season. Same guy at the helm and we are putting up 80 points lol. What changed? Some key players getting a little older and more experienced, a new quarterback and bang! The play calling and execution look on point this year. I think the same will happen for the defense, they will get better. The Pirates are good this year but they are still a young team and should be really good next season. If they could just clean up the turnovers, especially at key moments...