Vidor 83 Baytown Lee 54/Final

WOSgrad

It's not the number of posts as much when and defending a topic and cannot easily be defended.  If you care about the community, the fans, and the kids then should be posting those positive thoughts throughout the season.  Not just when multiple fans, from all over the area, are starting to discuss a glaring deficiency on this team.  Answer this question for me, what is our plus/minus turnover ratio for the season?  That should also include kickoffs our kids were not coached were live balls after 10 yards.  How many turnovers have we caused?  Then compare that to all other teams in the district.  That is a true gauge of the quality of our defense.      

You completely and totally avoided answering my question, but I think I got the answer in a round about way... posts on a message board mean zilch/zero/nada about ones football I.Q.  Buddy G could have 3 posts versus 300,000 on this board and he would still be a stinking football genius.  I haven't and won't comment on the Vidor defense because I have not watched them enough.  I will say that turnovers don't always tell the story on the quality of a defense.  There can be BAD defenses that force turnovers, but when the don't, can't tackle don't know assignments and play terrible game winning defense.  Then there are GOOD defenses that don't force turnovers, but tackle well, play good assignment football, bend but don't break and make stops when they need to.  Again, I didn't comment on Vidor's defense, I made a comment about the # of posts dictating football I.Q, that is silly.

OK here you go courtesyof David Thompson Beaumont enterprise....

Blake Row 8 rushes 155 yards 4 TD

Trevor Duff 9 rushes 125 yards 1 TD

Haylon Leckit 8 for 193 yerds 3 TDs

Kolby Humble 6 rushe for 110 yards 2 Tds

justin Kaiser 8 att 117 yards and 1 TD

Jace Humberson 1 rush for 2 yards

total 702 yards rushing

Passing Kolby Humble 3-3 for 80 yards 1 TD

782 yards of offense for vidor

Edited by prepballfan

total 702 yards rushing

Wow, whoever has Vidor next week is probably going to have an advantage, those boys gotta be tired from running up and down that field so much.:)Congratulations on the impressive win.

Edited by raideroldtimer
Added a congratulations.

total 702 yards rushing

has any SETX team ever had 5 100yd rushers in a game before? 

I don’t know who you are and honestly do not care.  The great thing about a discussion forum is we are all equal.  I do suggest if you are the spouse of a member of the coaching staff, maybe the boards are not a place for you.  In my case, I’m a lifelong fan of over 40 years.  My Grandfather, Father, and I played defense for Vidor teams.  I personally have coached many teams, much younger than these kids, and they have always displayed discipline because I instilled it. 

My wife does don’t pretend to know whether are not I’m a “good” Nursing Administrator or not.  The fact that I often stay at work 12-14 hours a day does not make me proficient.  The fact I'm taking a break while arriving to work at 5:30 am on a Saturday does not make me a great or more devoted employee than others.  I work to serve my patients and my customer base.  If your husband is truly the DC, who is his customer base?  We the fans are.  When teams from all over Southeast Texas take notice of our defensive deficiencies when we returned eight starters from last year, it shows.  But worse, Pirate fans are noticing. 

In the lean years of our offense, it was the defense that rose to the occasion.  Look, I’m bias because I’m a fan that has witnessed more winless seasons or one win seasons than playoff appearances.  I had listened to my head coach, Jay Law, make some of the most ridiculous statements and offer a team that was unprepared at best.  I have watched every other local comparable team develop at least a few Divison One college recruits, usually by default, when we have almost none in over 15 years.  I witnessed one of the best quarterbacks in the state launch a bomb of the second play of week three and our defensive back not even expect it. 

I don’t know your husband.  Really don’t care too.  But if you are too thin skinned to accept criticism, then you should honestly avoid the boards.  Take a look and how the PNG and Nederland coaches are lambasted every Friday night.  But when all football fans start to notice obvious coaching problems with defensive fundamentals like who many kids should be on the field, you pop up out of nowhere.  Coaches come and go.  But lifelong fans cannot be so easily replaced.  I drive 2-3 hours just to watch a freaking game of football and I do not know I single kid on the field. 

I’m sure you are proud your husband is the coordinator.  But we should not have to score 83 points to secure a win.  We should have picked up some pass defensive schemes and tip-offs by playing several quality throwing teams.  Makes me sick you put the ENTIRE blame on the kids.  I can teach 10-year-olds where to be on a soccer field.  About time, our coordinators did with High School aged kids.  

You really think I blame the kids! Wow, amazing! I do also understand the limitations of a player. It's real simple, if you're faster than the other guy....you're faster! If you're stronger, you're stronger. If you're smarter, you're smarter. It's not rocket science! And I don't pretend to know football, I know it. 

Yes I take pride in my husband's work. And no I'm not thinned skinned. You can't be and be a coaches wife. And thank for reminding me that I have a place on this forum. You're exactly right this is a place to share opinions...and mine is JUST as important as yours.

If you have watched Vidor Football for all these years, then you would know this DC. He has been the same one for the past five years. His philosophy has been pretty much the same....now strategies have had to change because of the personnel. 

One  last thing, yes you are the customer....but remember as the customer, you only see the result of hard work and planning. The customer does not see behind the scenes.

I guess you only have to win by 1 point in mid county to be impressive per the NED/Ozen thread.  The  real tragedy is your offense scores 54 points and still lose????

I guess my point being Vidor usually wins lower scoring games. The tought was about being impressed with Vidors offense more than anything. Referencing to Vidor baeting a Team who scores 54 on them......

Curelover32  since you are a nursing administrator if you do anything and everything for your patients.  If you go above and beyond, provide them with whatever they need to be compliant with their healthcare.  Are you still at fault if they don't do exactly what they are suppose to or what they were told to do?  You act like 15,16,17 and 18 year old kids are like robots and they will do whatever they are told.  No one is 100% to blame.  Get over yourself and your volunteer coaching job!!! 

total 702 yards rushing

This lets me know that our defense did ok against Vidor. Not only was your total rushing yards unbelievable, the yards per carry are even more off the charts. Great win. Glad we only play you once.

Who would have thought that Vidor would give up 54 points and still win?????

Who would have thought Vidor would score 83 points, win by 29, and there'd still be negative post?

Of course I had season tickets through several seasons when Vidor went 0-10, and opponents were nearing 83 points. 

Different perspective. 

Edited by REBgp

You really think I blame the kids! Wow, amazing! I do also understand the limitations of a player. It's real simple, if you're faster than the other guy....you're faster! If you're stronger, you're stronger. If you're smarter, you're smarter. It's not rocket science! And I don't pretend to know football, I know it. 

Yes I I take pride in my husband's work. And no I'm not thinned skinned. You can't be and be a coaches wife. And thank for reminding me that I have a place on this forum. You're exactly right this is a place to share opinions...and mine is JUST as important as yours.

If you have watched, Vidor Football for all these years, then you would know this DC. He has been the same one for the past five years. His philosophy has been pretty much the same....now strategies have had to change because of the personnel. 

One  last thing, yes you are the customer....but remember as the customer, you only see the result of hard work and planning. The customer does not see behind the scenes.

"You do not have a clue of what goes in to a game plan only to not have it executed by 15, 16, and 17 year old players".  Your words.  Every other team in our district, our state, everywhere, has the same "limitations".  If you know football you'll know every team performs differently.  You just fail to see the same mistakes occurring weekly without improvement.  The kids deserve better for the countless hours they spend trying to improve themselves.

I haven't lived in Vidor since 2000.  So no, I do not know your husband.  Is that a prerequisite to be a fan?  Should I stop driving to make 7-8 games a year because I do not know the coach's names?  The only names I recognize are the kids of people I went to school with.     

It is obviously difficult to be a coach.  No one is more excited about the offensive explosion we have experienced in the past decade.  But aside from the Montana years where he played both ways, have we had a comparable defense?

Player development is lacking.  Other schools focus on it.  Putting players where they will reach their best potential for the betterment of the team and not the individual.  It is why there are perennial playoff teams and teams that make it only occasionally.  

As for the shot about coaching 10 years olds, that is what I do right now.  I have also refereed high school sports for over 15 years.  I actually made a call that keep the Vidor girl's soccer team from their first playoff berth.  Volunteered as a football, soccer and baseball coach for years.  I was a volunteer Linebacker coach for the inaugural season of Cy Lakes Spartans Varsity football in 2010.  With Coach Blackshear at the helm, we struggled to a 1-9 season.  

Also your response about coaching 10 years olds is ironic considering most Vidor teams run the Slot T even at that age.  If it doesn't matter, why run the same system as the Varsity? 

Ma'am, I have been on this board for 7 years.  I bleed Black and Gold.  I have seen good and bad coaches over my life.  Not saying your husband is a bad coach.  But whatever he is doing is not really working as well as it could.  That's all.

For someone who doesn't like personal attacks on your husband, you sure don't mind giving them.  

There is a difference between volunteer coaching (which I do) and high school coaching (which I also do). When you call for a coach to be fired like Robanadana did, that's where the line is crossed. You fire him....it becomes my problem as well....so yes I will throw my punches! Jeff Mathews is a smart man, he will do what is necessary for his team. And if that means he removes my husband from his position, then I will swallow it and move on.

No say what you want, but don't call for a person's job! At that point you are talking about people's livelihood. That's where I get defensive....no pun intended. 

There is a difference between volunteer coaching (which I do) and high school coaching (which I also do). When you call for a coach to be fired like Robanadana did, that's where the line is crossed. You fire him....it becomes my problem as well....so yes I will throw my punches! Jeff Mathews is a smart man, he will do what is necessary for his team. And if that means he removes my husband from his position, then I will swallow it and move on.

No say what you want, but don't call for a person's job! At that point you are talking about people's livelihood. That's where I get defensive....no pun intended. 

Whoa...No, No, No.  I've never called for anyone to be fired.  I also didn't read or defend that post.  I lived through pathetic coaches and believe Mathews is a great motivator.  To me, he is a lot like Lou Holtz in the respect.  Just want the team to reach it's full potential.  Just want our coaches to see what we see from the seats.  The kids will make mistakes but let's put them in the best place possible to succeed.  I want them to experience what most older Pirate fans never did, a winning tradition.  

curelover and robanandana are obviously clueless. This is the same DC that coached the best defense in the area during 2011-2013 season, Our DC is the best that Vidor has seen and in my opinion one of the best in the area. vp77 I'd just ignore Ignornant post from people who have no idea what they're talking about. As a coach you have to work with what you've got year in and year out and every now and then you're arent going to have the athletes you need for a successful defense. I'd say in his five years he's been very successful at vidor considering we've never been very successful other than with in the past 5 years. I played for coach Robinson from 2011-2014 and know exactly how good of a coach he is, I'd even say he's #1 on our coaching staff. Over half the post I ever read, win or lose, are absolutely ignorant, so for the ones against our DC, you couldn't do half the job he does so do what you do best and continue to post on here like you have some sort of idea on what needs to be done lol .. I know 100% our Dc will put our defense in the best situation to be successful every week.

And that's what these coaches want! They want the team to win and be successful. They seriously do not sit on their behinds and not coach and not prepare the players! I have sat with them and listened and watched the frustration! The same feelings that the crowd experience they also experience, and they blame themselves! But others have the luxury to sit back and blame them too! You have to remember...in practice it is hard to simulate what they will see in real game situations. They can't reproduce the power, the speed, or the agility that they will see on Friday nights. So they can prepare strategy, but when it comes time to execute the plan in real time, it's a completely different world!

curelover and robanandana are obviously clueless. This is the same DC that coached the best defense in the area during 2011-2013 season, Our DC is the best that Vidor has seen and in my opinion one of the best in the area. vp77 I'd just ignore Ignornant post from people who have no idea what they're talking about. As a coach you have to work with what you've got year in and year out and every now and then you're arent going to have the athletes you need for a successful defense. I'd say in his five years he's been very successful at vidor considering we've never been very successful other than with in the past 5 years. I played for coach Robinson from 2011-2014 and know exactly how good of a coach he is, I'd even say he's #1 on our coaching staff. Over half the post I ever read, win or lose, are absolutely ignorant, so for the ones against our DC, you couldn't do half the job he does so do what you do best and continue to post on here like you have some sort of idea on what needs to be done lol .. I know 100% our Dc will put our defense in the best situation to be successful every week.

I'm clueless.  I agree.  But when you play for someone, you often have a blind devotion that is commendable.  But is can often cover up the truth.  Stats do not lie.

District Totals:

Points For         Points Against        Average Against

2011:  270         177                        17.7

2012:  420         165                        16.5

2013:  290          266                       26.6

2014:  265          344                       34.4

2015:  190          179                       35.8

There is an obvious trend after Montana left.  But should it honestly equal 10-20 points more per game?  Has our competition improved that much?