CBB Longhorns

UTfanatic

Kerwin Roach is not very good.  I like his defense and his vertical is insane but he needs to play with a “no dunk, no shot” rule.   He kills us when he takes an attempt that requires any air under the ball...    If we hang on and get the W here, I fear the Duke game tomorrow will be pretty ugly...

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Kerwin Roach is not very good.  I like his defense and his vertical is insane but he needs to play with a “no dunk, no shot” rule.   He kills us when he takes an attempt that requires any air under the ball...    If we hang on and get the W here, I fear the Duke game tomorrow will be pretty ugly...

Roach needs to switch to track scholly. Guy was an amazing long and triple jumper in high school.

2 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

Texas beats Butler

This is the hidden content, please

“This ain’t last year”

one year older

one year wiser

That was a good effort against a decent team.  Was impressed with the play in the second half and how they responded every time Butler makes a run.  Wasn’t his best game but I’m impressed more and more with Osetkowski.  Every team needs a guy like him.  

BUT from the frying pan into the fire.  Time to see where we’re at today/tomorrow against the best in the country.  Going to be a great sports day.  Texas hoops followed by Tech/Texas.  And will record the A&M/Pepperdine game so I can watch JJ Caldwell’s debut after the Horns/Red Raiders finish. 

27 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

#1 Duke vs Texas at 4:30 on ESPN.  Should be a good one. 

I don’t know that the game will be all that good but Jay Bilas doing the color instead of Walton will make it so my ears don’t bleed.  I might prefer Lou Holtz or Ed Orgerpn doing basketball over him.  Vitale has grown to annoy the $h@& our of me but at least he provides “some” insight.  Walton just babbles on like we want to hear his random musings on everything other than the game we’ve tuned into watch.  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Welp, our freshmen played like freshmen down the stretch.  Excited about the rest of the way though.  We have a team that can go this year.  But that should have been a win. 

I left to go to the Nugget and they lost it.  My bad.  Still a good performance in which Texas controlled most of the game. They will make some noise in the Big 12 this year.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Welp, our freshmen played like freshmen down the stretch.  Excited about the rest of the way though.  We have a team that can go this year.  But that should have been a win. 

I agree. That's why I said Texas was going to be a team to watch this season. They will only get better. Shaka will have them rolling when it is time. Texas could be a force come March.