Rice at Texas

PhatMack19

I truly believe Rice has a legitimate shot of winning this game.  If I was a gambler, I would bet a healthy amount on Rice plus the points and a smaller bet on Rice +500 on the money line. 

Rice is a solid team but I don't see how they can beat Texas.  I could see a 35-21 type score with Rice covering but I don't see them winning out right.  I didn't get to watch Texas play last week so maybe that's why I'm saying that.  

Rice is a solid team but I don't see how they can beat Texas.  I could see a 35-21 type score with Rice covering but I don't see them winning out right.  I didn't get to watch Texas play last week so maybe that's why I'm saying that.  

I'm telling you, we are really, really bad.  I think Texas will probably win but I think it will be a close game.  I would not be shocked in Rice won.  We look like a mediocre at best mid major team.  

I'm telling you, we are really, really bad.  I think Texas will probably win but I think it will be a close game.  I would not be shocked in Rice won.  We look like a mediocre at best mid major team.  

If that happens Strong and staff needs to pack up and leave soon as the clock strike zero. Going with UT by 17.

If Texas doesn't win this game, there is a realistic chance they are 0-7 going to Iowa St on Halloween.

Rice

Cal

Okie St

at TCU

Oklahoma

KState

I don't see many wins there unless Norvell is a miracle worker.  Most of the games are at home which is normally good, but if they are playing that bad, DKR will be empty.

Im not sure how that works, but there should be plenty of room for the MOB.

@BDavisAAS: Vance Bedford on 15,000 tickets left vs. Rice: "If you a fan of the University of Texas, you’re gonna have your asses in those seats."

i guess they can borrow Baylor's tarp?? 

Charging for the band?? What the hell!!!

Is this practice done anywhere else in college football?

I'm telling you, Patterson has no concept of reality.  I can't believe though that someone hasn't jumped in and explained to him this is not the NBA and he can't pull this crap.  The only explanation I have is that no one likes him among the BMDs and they are letting the guy dig a deeper grave.  

I'm telling you, Patterson has no concept of reality.  I can't believe though that someone hasn't jumped in and explained to him this is not the NBA and he can't pull this crap.  The only explanation I have is that no one likes him among the BMDs and they are letting the guy dig a deeper grave.  

Charging the opponents band is completely ridiculous and then charging them $100 a seat, that's pure madness and nothing but out and out greed.

There's business and then there is greed.

AAW and OT, could not agree with both of you more.  Not only is it greed, when you are dealing with a $100M a year program, you might be talking about $10k to $20k in additional revenue over the course of the season (if every visiting team brought their band and paid which they don't and if they are smart, won't).  It goes beyond greed - it's being an arrogant a-hole which Patterson has down pat.  While plenty from other schools disliked him, Deloss Dodds was a hell of a businessman and never would have pulled crap like this.  Patterson clearly doesn't know good business from bad business. 

AAW and OT, could not agree with both of you more.  Not only is it greed, when you are dealing with a $100M a year program, you might be talking about $10k to $20k in additional revenue over the course of the season (if every visiting team brought their band and paid which they don't and if they are smart, won't).  It goes beyond greed - it's being an arrogant a-hole which Patterson has down pat.  While plenty from other schools disliked him, Deloss Dodds was a hell of a businessman and never would have pulled crap like this.  Patterson clearly doesn't know good business from bad business. 

Agree 100%