WO-S @PN-G

skipper

One of the toughest losses in PNG history IMO..... That was the best High School game I have ever attended.... 89 season... Class of 90.... Back and forth see saw affair... You couldn't fit another person or television crew in the place.... And the fog rolled in late... I stood on the sidelines as a freshman........ Malone was cool about that, he would ship the underclassmen to the game in another bus and let us fill up the sidelines........ WOS was the team for us... Back then we destroyed Nederland every year so it was not much of a rivalry until Neauman arrived...... Plus you had to love ole Dan Ray.... Man he could work a field, and refs......lol... But Malone was just as good....

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Yeah, every time a watch that, words can't describe it... I'll say this, if God ever gives me a pass to go back in the future, it's 1989...... Nobody, I say again, nobody believed in us, but us... That's the example I talk about.... When we lost to WOS.... The first words out of Malones mouth after the game where simple, we are gonna get them in the playoffs, and beat their butts.... Which I would have bet my life we would of... WOS lost in round 1... We lost in the quarters... Ron was the baddest white running back I've ever layed my eyes on... Bost gave them so much trouble on that flanker reverse......... Ancelet fired em up with Bonzai, and Whitehead was 2 year all state........ Gordon busted WOS on the sideline play, Wags was a All American kicker.... Hey we invented home run throwback against WOS... Carpenter brothers layed the wood....Droddy and Hart and Bost manned up the rear... Gizzi all over the place.. Boudreaux talking trash on the line.... And ole Pat Fisher always saying, come on guys lets get a little patty cake going........ Good times..... And Ron flashing number 1 for 80 yards against Nederland on the first play..... Robertson manned the whole deal up and put everyone in the right spots..... And Malone talked that trash..... Made us believers. 

Edited by Stattrax

Yeah, every time a watch that, words can't describe it... I'll say this, if God ever gives me a pass to go back in the future, it's 1989...... Nobody, I say again, nobody believed in us, but us... That's the example I talk about.... When we lost to WOS.... The first words out of Malones mouth after the game where simple, we are gonna get them in the playoffs, and beat their butts.... Which I would have bet my life we would of... WOS lost in round 1... We lost in the quarters... Ron was the baddest white running back I've ever layed my eyes on... Bost gave them so much trouble on that flanker reverse......... Ancelet fired em up with Bonzai, and Whitehead was 2 year all state........ Gordon busted WOS on the sideline play, Wags was a All American kicker.... Hey we invented home run throwback against WOS... Carpenter brothers layed the wood....Droddy and Hart and Bost manned up the rear... Gizzi all over the place.. Boudreaux talking trash on the line.... And ole Pat Fisher always saying, come on guys lets get a little patty cake going........ Good times..... And Ron flashing number 1 for 80 yards against Nederland on the first play..... Robertson manned the whole deal up and put everyone in the right spots..... And Malone talked that trash..... Made us believers. 

weren't you a freshman in 89-90?

WOS has an 18-7 lead against PNG with 4 of those 7 wins coming before 1984.  So since 1984 WOS is 15-3 against the Indians.  Not making any conclusions just stating facts.  The games are always tough at the Reservation.  Good luck to both.  Should be a good game for both and both should learn from it.  Hopefully no injuries.

1977 PNG 36, WOS 13

1978 WOS 28, PNG 20

1979 WOS 28, PNG 24

1980 WOS 36, PNG 24

1981 PNG 30, WOS 7

1982 PNG 19, WOS 14

1983 PNG 17, WOS 14

1984 WOS 23, PNG 14

1985 WOS 14, PNG 2

1988 WOS 51, PNG 0

1989 WOS 25, PNG 20

1990 WOS 35, PNG 14