Beaumont West Brook-Port Neches-Groves Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

So let me get this straight.... To all the Brook Internet warriors..... Your coach played the 1s for roughly 5 minutes?... If that's the case, you need to go to your court appointed school board and have him fired... That's surely a good way to prepare your team for the season... Now if it works out and they do go 16-0.... Then he might be a genius and needs to move up and take Sabans job.......... But Im Pretty sure the case is that he played his 1s a lil longer than you might think.. I am going to have the popcorn checked for added hallucinating ingredients.. More info to follow as I receive it......

I was trying to pay attention to that Stattrax. From what I could see, WB played their 1s at least through the end of 2nd qtr. At least their main guys. The big boys from the line stayed in as well until 2nd half. I think we did better after the first WB possession. Our guys I think were a little intimidated by their size. I know on defense #41 was in there through 2nd qtr. I was watching our center, Justice Langston, get man handled by him. Justice didn't do that bad for a sophomore going against that beast. I know we kept our main guys in there, ie Morris, McZeal, Giblin, Sullivan although Sullivan rotated with number 10. We moved in different oline in because that is where we need the work. I could be off on my assessment but not much. 

I was trying to pay attention to that Stattrax. From what I could see, WB played their 1s at least through the end of 2nd qtr. At least their main guys. The big boys from the line stayed in as well until 2nd half. I think we did better after the first WB possession. Our guys I think were a little intimidated by their size. I know on defense #41 was in there through 2nd qtr. I was watching our center, Justice Langston, get man handled by him. Justice didn't do that bad for a sophomore going against that beast. I know we kept our main guys in there, ie Morris, McZeal, Giblin, Sullivan although Sullivan rotated with number 10. We moved in different oline in because that is where we need the work. I could be off on my assessment but not much. 

I just watched a replay of it on a home video. Looks like the brook could be talented this year. I also think that the Indians looked decent last night as well. They say that one kid from brook is 6'5" 325 lbs

Lol, im no internet warrior, just stating facts. The replay of the game is up on hudl if u want to go review it to see when the starters came out. I attend almost every practice, coached some of these kids in 7 on 7, so I do know the personnel personally.  But anyway, WB chose to have Spring Ball, and the drawback to that is they have only had about 5 practices in pads with some of the new coaches who were hired after Spring. Also WB only get 1 scrimmage, and that's alot of kids for the coaches to evaluate in a 3 quarter scrimmage. New Coaches, 1st year varsity players, kids on the bubble, yes WB used this scrimmage for exactly what they should use a scrimmage for. They know what the 1's can do, they needed to evaluate the depth. PNG played their 1's the entire game. Congrats on your "win" and best wishes this season. I think u guys will have a great season. 

Lol, im no internet warrior, just stating facts. The replay of the game is up on hudl if u want to go review it to see when the starters came out. I attend almost every practice, coached some of these kids in 7 on 7, so I do know the personnel personally.  But anyway, WB chose to have Spring Ball, and the drawback to that is they have only had about 5 practices in pads with some of the new coaches who were hired after Spring. Also WB only get 1 scrimmage, and that's alot of kids for the coaches to evaluate in a 3 quarter scrimmage. New Coaches, 1st year varsity players, kids on the bubble, yes WB used this scrimmage for exactly what they should use a scrimmage for. They know what the 1's can do, they needed to evaluate the depth. PNG played their 1's the entire game. Congrats on your "win" and best wishes this season. I think u guys will have a great season. 

Not a win by no means... Brook manhandled us when it counted..

Wish Hauck could have got in there against the o-line. Would have been good for him to against those big guys. Hauck is a beast as DT. I think he'll be back next week.

Hauk will surely help and add experience.. I watched most of the scrimmage through binoculars and it was a work in progress for sure. I do think rolling out will help with the pass blocking. My main concern is the D line.  

Hauk will surely help and add experience.. I watched most of the scrimmage through binoculars and it was a work in progress for sure. I do think rolling out will help with the pass blocking. My main concern is the D line.  

anyone know the status on Murdock? He went out on 2nd play and was in walking boot at the Pep Rally.. His absence didn't help the O line either.. Hope he's fine...

Don't think any PNG fan is claiming a win here lol. BTW, yes our main offensive players stayed in, not denying that, but our O-line was what we needed to see. They were moving in and out. I would like to see Morris' back up, who is it Vidrine?  I honestly think WB is going to be a great team this year. A lot of talent. I, for one, am glad we scrimmage you guys. Makes us a better team to play good talent.

Your right on the assessment. In the nutshell...... We need line work on both sides of the ball.. Everything else appears to be intact.....

So my West Brook contact was correct about the West Brook starters going out and PN-G's staying in...

I just remembered I did see one of PNG lineman limp off early. I think he was wearing #75. I hope he is ok. Also, is the feshman QB Rashawn the primary backup on varsity or is he playing JV. He looked good this summer in 7 on 7. He will be a stud when his time come. 

Playing JV, He is going to be a stud, yes. Needs the work on JV. I think he will end up starting. Bost is starting right now, but they put him on defense. He, Bost, could play anywhere. Actually could be on varsity too. He's a great all around athlete. Bost is a great passer, but Reshawn brings another whole other dimension to the game. That kid can flat out run. His passing needs some work, but it will get there. Why I was wondering Who was backing up Morris. If they end up starting Reshawn on JV, I'd bring up Bost to back up Morris and let him play some defense. IMO, he could be a starter on Varsity. Bost is a Sophmore