Westbrook at Port Neches-Groves scrimmage

If our Defense comes together, we WILL have the whole package. Once in a blue moon a school with low enrollment might just get lucky talent wise.  This isn't the same team that Crosby played 2 years ago. This isn't the same team Dayton knocked out last year. 

And SURELY you aren't judging by a scrimmage. Its been posted that our O was very vanilla.     

Edited by NDNation

Cougar14.2, It's alright when you continually run another team down but does not feel so good when someone runs your team down. You shouldn't have to run another team down to make your team look good. We all know Crosby is a good team. "Lord it's great to be HUMBLE''. You just make a lot of people hacked off at Crosby, but we have to understand that all people in Crosby are not like you.

That's pretty funny. Didn't I just read PNG only scored twice on LCM's first  team defense? Crosby scored 7 times with 7 different players on a team LCM lost to with little to no resistance. PNG lacks the enrollment, talent and coaching to play with the better teams in the state right now. It's not like Newton's classification where one or two players can basically win a title themselves. 

yes you heard wrong

Cougar14.2, It's alright when you continually run another team down but does not feel so good when someone runs your team down. You shouldn't have to run another team down to make your team look good. We all know Crosby is a good team. "Lord it's great to be HUMBLE''. You just make a lot of people hacked off at Crosby, but we have to understand that all people in Crosby are not like you.

well said my friend from up the country 

14.2 you do not really believe that a teM with low enrollment cannot make it to state ie WOS just last season? You not that blind are you. I've gotten used to your slanting of everything you possibly can to make Crosby look like a SEC team but sometimes your statements leave me baffled

That's funny. You are the one that brought Crosby into this topic.  Crosby was not mentioned until you wanted to get in our pants. 

You said PNG would whip Crosby, correct? I said they wouldn't and gave my reasons. Where did you run Crosby down or where did I do the opposite? I said they would win district several months ago and haven't wavered off of that. Saying they don't have the talent, coaching or enrollment to play with the better teams in the state this year is the truth, especially when you're somewhat lacking in all three. If people get "hacked off" by hearing that they'll probably just always be hacked off.   

You tell me where PNG has an advantage over ANY playoff team they would face in region 3? Number of FBS/FCS recruits, coaching advantage/record, enrollment or athletes. I use trends and statistics to justify my positions, so just refrain from mentioning Crosby if that bothers you.   

14.2 you do not really believe that a teM with low enrollment cannot make it to state ie WOS just last season? You not that blind are you. I've gotten used to your slanting of everything you possibly can to make Crosby look like a SEC team but sometimes your statements leave me baffled

Uh, all teams in 4A-D2 have a low enrollment, lol? Gilmer only had about 80-90 more kids than WOS did but you could see after DT they had the next best 3 or 4 players on the field. Not sure what you were trying to point out?

My slant isn't to try to make Crosby look like an SEC team. It's to inform people what's really out there. I know when y'all turn the news on and it talks about high school football you see a bunch of how PNG, Ned, or PAM will look. Well over here I get to see how George Ranch, Elkins, Foster, Stratford, Angleton, Ridge Point, Marshall, King, Magnolia West and Brenham look.

It's not just a Crosby thing, Crosby is just on this board. PLC fans said Crosby was soft, then put some defensive numbers up from the past to add to his point. I was in line in San Marcos at the Hutto game and one of the fans looked over at me and said, "Do you think y'all have a chance?". Cedar Park fans said we were from the "lowly swamp" and that they would slaughter us, then did it.

I didn't take any of that as a shot at Crosby, it just let me know where we stood. Maybe you should look at it the same way?  

If PNG stays healthy, there isn't a defense in 21-5A that will stop us, so you better be able to out score us. And if the D is clicking....round 1 is in the rear view mirror.

Don't hate on a woman's intuition.:)

We're averaging 52.5ppg against PNG the last couple of times y'all were able to get in. Scoring on PNG is the last issue Crosby or Dayton should be worried about.

I am new to this board thing. I have watched high school football, baseball since 1967 I never realized what great athletes and championship teams the Crosby folks have. 

From what the cougar14.2 post they have the GREATEST football players, cheerleaders, 7/7 team and THE most knowledgeable fans in the world.  I think some actually played pee wee football. A couple even played tackle football.  I heard 1 played on the varsity???

true evaluators of HS talent and coaching.

when was their last football state championship won?

I am new to this board thing. I have watched high school football, baseball since 1967 I never realized what great athletes and championship teams the Crosby folks have.

From what the cougar14.2 post they have the GREATEST football players, cheerleaders, 7/7 team and THE most knowledgeable fans in the world.  I think some actually played pee wee football. A couple even played tackle football.  I heard 1 played on the varsity???

Lol, the typical SETX response once the facts roll out. See above post

I am proud of the fact that we don't boast too much,  kinda like our HC Neauman.

PNG on the other hand ---well just read their post and try to match it with fact.

lines  dont connect?

Oh, really now. Its a good thing you thru the "to much" in. I'm pretty sure if we look at some past threads, we might see some "boasting", and some dragging out of the history.

Lol, the typical SETX response once the facts roll out. See above post

better question is: Since this decade started what schools in our SETXsports coverage area have won their region? 

You said PNG would whip Crosby, correct? I said they wouldn't and gave my reasons. Where did you run Crosby down or where did I do the opposite? I said they would win district several months ago and haven't wavered off of that. Saying they don't have the talent, coaching or enrollment to play with the better teams in the state this year is the truth, especially when you're somewhat lacking in all three. If people get "hacked off" by hearing that they'll probably just always be hacked off.   

You tell me where PNG has an advantage over ANY playoff team they would face in region 3? Number of FBS/FCS recruits, coaching advantage/record, enrollment or athletes. I use trends and statistics to justify my positions, so just refrain from mentioning Crosby if that bothers you.   

I like it and appreciate it when yoy post statitics to support your slighted view. 

Here are mine. 

PN-G is 8 out of 11 all time against Crosby. PN-G has outscored Crosby 291-183 in those matchups. That is an average of 26-16. The coach that you say is underrated and can not beat Crosby os 2-2  against them. Faircloth beat Crosby in 09 37-7 (yes that is a Faircloth win over Crosby). A Faircloth team somehow beat all odds and won again 38-7 in 2010. We lost by a whopping blowout win 29-30 in 2011. You did however get the one win against us that you seem to speak of alot.(Which does happen from time to time. Some schools have bad years). You won that game  28-49. As an Indian fan I say good job on that. PNG has faired well against Crosby. I asert all these numbers to be true. I can tell you that they tell a story. Your team beat us the last time we played look back I gave you credit. Here are a few more numbers for you. Crosby has been to 1 semifinals(congrats as Indian fans we all know how cool that is for you city) You have won 0 State Championships. I hope you get to experience that. I truely do. If you get by our district Ill pull for you to get there. We have won 3 State Championships. I was at one that we won and 1 that we lost. We have been to 6 State Championships. Thats the most of anyone in all of SETX.  Now on to were your team has been(Once again congrats on that wonderful accomplisment from the bottom of my heart congrats I wish all teams had a chance to make it were your Crosby Cougars did last year its a huge huge accomplisment. PN-G has made it there 8 times. 8 semi-final appearences. Thats a wonderful accomplisment. Past that I am not sure if Crosby has made it that far other  than last season. I am not sure. quaterfinal appearences for Crosby is at 1 as far as I know. Please correct me if I am wrong. PN-G has been to 10 quaterfinals. Another nice accomplishment. Regional finals we have been to 12. We have 23 district championships as well. PN-G fans is another area that we as Indians are proud of. I am sure you know we love our Indians the whole community does by the thousands and thousands. Our home side of our stadium holds about 8500 people which we routinely fill to capacity. When we travel to playoff games it can get crazy. We will usually put around 10,000 in the stands in early playoff games. When we get to later playoff games its goes up from there. In 1977 we were part of a crowd that was the all time record until last season with 49953. Another neat thing that belongs to being PN-G fans. Now in 1999 there was 39000 people at the game setting on PN-Gs side of the field were 34000. Those are official numbers. The remaining attendances for PN-G in the dome were 38,570, 35,493, 33,836, and 33,000. There are more but we will stop at the ones under 29,000. PN-G has achieved a national ranking of 3rd in America in 1975. Another neat accomplisment. You ask me about statistics there  are some that only pertains to us Indian fans(to show you why we are proud of our school) and some that shows you that PN-G has gotten the uperhand on Crosby throughout the history of their meetings. You like to cut out the smallest of samples 1 game. Any type of average out there requires a larger sample than a single game. The teams that own SETX does not show Crosby on that list. It starts with WOS, Newton, Nederland, Dayton. These are the teams that are relevant to being the best in our area. Crosby has been better than some of those teams recently. Once again as a small sample over a few seasons. Those teams have the best coaches around they dont win for 20 years without a reason. Your coach seem to be good but it could be that fluke few season were you have stud athletes that fill out your rosters for a few season. You site your cities growth as one reason thats great if I wanted to I could do the same and show you cities by the dozens who were growing cities that you never hear from anymore on the highschool football landscape after a few great seasons. You can quote all the stats you want we will always be proud of our Indians. Indians fans for the most part respect the fact that you are winning as a Crosby fan. We respect Nederland and its coaching staff. We respect Dayton and its coaching staff. WOS and Newton who are the mark to which all teams in this area should strive for including your Cougars. You say it only takes an athlete or two for teams like them that are small to be sucessfull. Thats not in the least bit true on a scale of winning for 20 straight years or more. Its everything that any team could hope for. I hope Crosby continues to be sucessful. Unlike some on here I am able to put aside my ability to dislike others for there sucess. I am proud for any team in our area to be succesful. Best of luck to you. PN-G is a proud community and we have a great reason to be. I think that having history and tradition is a wonderful thing. Your Cougars have a piece of that now. I once again congratulate you on that. I truely wish if you knockout our districts team that you win state. I am not ready to succeed that position to you yet. You should dang well be favored to do it. Just one thing to remember thats why we play the games.